The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

July 2021, bet put on...
Come on!!!

england.jpg
Probably could have got better odds later.

:moursad:
Jesus..... 7-1 is a bloody liberty....... They are appalling odds for a team that has 1 win in 55 years.

Mind you, it may as well be 1000-1

Odds as short as 11/2 now with some bookies.

The PL only ends 8 days before our first game. They’ll have to do something about those fixtures. Like play them on the Friday or something. I bet the PL don’t though but they need to help the national team out somehow.

Are you kidding me?

Grealish, Mount, Greenwood, Rashford, Foden, I can see all of them doing that. Unless Southgate instills a “do your job lads and be professionals, we’re head and shoulders better than the lot and there’s no need to stoop to a low level” mentality.

I uh .. don't think he'll be in the squad, mate! Nor will Rashford. And he's a goodie two shoes anyway.

Grealish maybe ... don't see it from Mount or Foden really.

I will say I think USA is better than Iran and Wales is a Bale injury away from....um... Dan James?

England is clearly the cream of the group, but I think there's a good chance of U.S. getting out of the group stage.
Wales are going to batter the yanks so bad they’ll all retire and go play baseball.

Simples!

That reminds me of something...can't quite put my finger on it, though.

:sonhmm:

image-placeholder-title.jpg

You guys always overrate yourselves.

I actually used to be very negative about the NT. In 2010 we had a bunch of out of position, over the hill players. Guys like Lennon and Milner on the wing and fucking Rob Green in goal. The hype was 100% unjustified, few stars here or there but zero balance and zero chemistry.

This group of England players has got my positive hat on. And that's hard to do, look at how negative I am with Spurs! This teams got balance, athleticism, technical ability and squad harmony in spades, and it's gonna leather the living shit out of this group.

Season 2 Good Luck GIF by Paramount+

I actually used to be very negative about the NT. In 2010 we had a bunch of out of position, over the hill players. Guys like Lennon and Milner on the wing and fucking Rob Green in goal. The hype was 100% unjustified, few stars here or there but zero balance and zero chemistry.

This group of England players has got my positive hat on. And that's hard to do, look at how negative I am with Spurs! This teams got balance, athleticism, technical ability and squad harmony in spades, and it's gonna leather the living shit out of this group.

Hype is gonna be suffocating, tho.

I don't really care, TBH. I have 0 intention of watching a single second of this complete travesty of a tournament. Which is unfortunate, because the groups seem like they could provide some nice drama.

I think all of us over here agree with you. Great thing about the group stage though is we don't have to finish better than England, just have to hold off Iran and Scottish Wales.

I think all of us over here agree with you. Great thing about the group stage though is we don't have to finish better than England, just have to hold off Iran and Scottish Wales.

I think fully fit you have the best XI from the other teams, but Wales always possess superhuman team spirit, and Bale has a habit of coming up with big moments.

Back
Top Bottom