The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope all our players are knocked out in the group stages. We're Spurs.
Easy on. We need them to stay conscious and injury free.

Knock Out Win GIF by GLORY Kickboxing

Yesterday i watched a discussion on tv in which the opinion was expressed that the situation for foreigners in qatar would gradually improve as a result of the world cup.

In 1980 my country was consistent and said we will not take part in the Moscow Olympics because the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan!

In 1936 the world did not boycott the Olympic Games in Nazi Germany because the crimes committed against Jews, Social Democrats, Communists, Christians and others were either not well known, were not believed, or because - perhaps thought - the situation was gradually changing for them Affected?!

Again! I'm just a simple citizen who doesn't have extensive knowledge!
Nevertheless, I support those who are committed to boycotting the World Cup in Qatar!
As hard as it will be, I'm not going to watch a game in this damn World Cup!

(This is going to be very harsh, but compared to how people are treated in this rich country - child's play!)

Yesterday i watched a discussion on tv in which the opinion was expressed that the situation for foreigners in qatar would gradually improve as a result of the world cup.

In 1980 my country was consistent and said we will not take part in the Moscow Olympics because the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan!

In 1936 the world did not boycott the Olympic Games in Nazi Germany because the crimes committed against Jews, Social Democrats, Communists, Christians and others were either not well known, were not believed, or because - perhaps thought - the situation was gradually changing for them Affected?!

Again! I'm just a simple citizen who doesn't have extensive knowledge!
Nevertheless, I support those who are committed to boycotting the World Cup in Qatar!
As hard as it will be, I'm not going to watch a game in this damn World Cup!

(This is going to be very harsh, but compared to how people are treated in this rich country - child's play!)
Good post mate.

Fuck the apologists.

I am actually sticking up for the government here sort of but what the fuck else is the government supposed to say, ‘’yeh be as gay as you want’’, the government would then be responsible for gay men being beat up and incarcerated in Qatar.

This kind of virtual signal bullshit from Lineker is actually quite dangerous as if he wants some gay men to go over there and be martyrs so he can look good.

The problem is not the governments messaging, it’s the holding of a WC in Qatar. My messaging would be stronger, if you are gay or just want a alcoholic drink it’s at your own risk. People need the truth and need to be told in no uncertain terms the reality.

I am actually sticking up for the government here sort of but what the fuck else is the government supposed to say, ‘’yeh be as gay as you want’’, the government would then be responsible for gay men being beat up and incarcerated in Qatar.

This kind of virtual signal bullshit from Lineker is actually quite dangerous as if he wants some gay men to go over there and be martyrs so he can look good.

The problem is not the governments messaging, it’s the holding of a WC in Qatar. My messaging would be stronger, if you are gay or just want a alcoholic drink it’s at your own risk. People need the truth and need to be told in no uncertain terms the reality.

How do you think it will be received from within the LGBTQ community? My guess would be not favourably.

Back
Top Bottom