The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Credible source?

I'll let someone else decide:

re: Food:

"At the moment, Kosher in Qatar will sell challah for Shabbat, bagel sandwiches with spreads such as hummus, vegetables and smoked salmon.

Yet when asked if there will be hot food or meat, Chitrik said this will only be available if there will be a large group of Jews at the games.

He declined to comment on the claim that Qatar banned warm kosher food and public Jewish prayer."

re: Prayer:

Sources in Jewish organizations told The Jerusalem Post that Qatar broke another promise to allow Jewish prayer services in Doha during the games, claiming it couldn’t secure this type of activity and then banned it completely.

“We were promised to be allowed to create prayer spaces in order for religious Jews who came to see the games to have a place of worship,” a representative of a Jewish organization said. “We were recently told that they banned places of worship for Jews because they cannot secure them.”
Its possible that its real, but I wouldnt trust the source considering where its from.

Has anyone made sense of the “offside” goal?
I'll try and explain why I think it was given but not 100% sure

Clip of the disallowed goal:

So from the clip it looks like they were onside for the freekick, the balls played in, the keeper comes out and an Ecuador player tries to compete for the ball and the ball ends up in the air. At the point when the Ecuador player tried to play the ball (competing with the keeper), one of the other Ecuador player's foot is offside (bottom of the picture below) as there was just 1 player between him and the goal (defender in this instance as the keeper came out).

NWF8X6E.jpeg

The player in the offside position then headed the ball before the bicycle kick which assisted the goal. I can't quite tell from the clip but I think if the Ecuador player is the one that heads it in the air then it's offside and if it's the keeper's touch then it's not offside maybe?

They didn't show any of this sort of angle on my stream so it was really unclear at the time and i'm still not 100% sure but hope this helps

Islamophobia and historical whataboutism — yes, Europe practiced slavery — are the only deflections they have. Caught red-handed giving out massive cash bribes and they cry racism — ‘we’re being stereotyped as oil-rich Arabs who buy favors’. Can’t make it up.
Arab-muslim slavers were practising slavery long before the atlantic slave trade. White christians were still being enslaved in the barbary slave trade along the Mediterranean coast after the US and UK had already abolished slavery. The gulf states didnt abolish slavery until 100/150 years after the US and UK.

Simple historical facts that don't get a mention.

"It is unclear how the punishment of #FIFA will look like. It could be a fine, or a yellow card for violation of the dress code."

They really ought to have decided by now surely? ....The 'show' has already started, FFS!.

The players declared their intentions weeks, if not months, ago.

Anyone remember how many yellows before you miss a game at a WC?
Being involved in this I can assure you things are constantly moving

I'll try and explain why I think it was given but not 100% sure

Clip of the disallowed goal:

So from the clip it looks like they were onside for the freekick, the balls played in, the keeper comes out and an Ecuador player tries to compete for the ball and the ball ends up in the air. At the point when the Ecuador player tried to play the ball (competing with the keeper), one of the other Ecuador player's foot is offside (bottom of the picture below) as there was just 1 player between him and the goal (defender in this instance as the keeper came out).

NWF8X6E.jpeg

The player in the offside position then headed the ball before the bicycle kick which assisted the goal. I can't quite tell from the clip but I think if the Ecuador player is the one that heads it in the air then it's offside and if it's the keeper's touch then it's not offside maybe?

They didn't show any of this sort of angle on my stream so it was really unclear at the time and i'm still not 100% sure but hope this helps

You’ve summed it up nicely. I think that if the player challenging the keeper is himself onside (from the initial delivery), but fails to touch the ball and instead the keeper plays it to the “offside” player, it shouldn’t be an offence.

16407-CF0-5-FA2-493-A-82-A9-1-F4674-E71607.jpg

Been banned by fifa…
What I'm ashamed of is that the "German Football Association" says openly: "Let's see if the English wear this bandage!"

That's so typical for these corrupt bastards, let's see if others do it, maybe we'll do it too, we can't risk Manuel Neuer being banned for the round of 16!
We are happy to stand up for human rights - if it doesn't cost anything!

Assholes!

And, by the way: The English national team - like any other national team - is too good for me to play the "guinea pig" for these German idiots!

"It is unclear how the punishment of #FIFA will look like. It could be a fine, or a yellow card for violation of the dress code."

They really ought to have decided by now surely? ....The 'show' has already started, FFS!.

The players declared their intentions weeks, if not months, ago.

Anyone remember how many yellows before you miss a game at a WC?
Right now I'm imagining all nations wearing and wearing this armband again and again!
Should FIFA destroy its own tournament! Brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom