The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That really was our A-Team
crash_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Pooch is Genius. LeagueCrap Cup means diddly poo, it was good call to rest key players midweek, while ManSheiky went for it, paid the price today. Playing heavy minutes midweek had to factor in to today's match.

It's a fine line, balancing the priorities of the various competitions and picking a team from the squad that the manager feels can do a job. Now I have to admit I haven't seen the whole match and that I'm going by what appears to be a general consensus that the team that played did a good job - maybe not as a good as the 'first eleven' might have achieved, but made a fair fist of it - and, with a bit more luck could quite conceivably have come a way with a victory. Would I then be reading about the genius of Poch, how he rotated some of the squad players (giving vital rest to our better players before a testing game against Manchester City early on saturday) and still beat the fucking Wanderers? Like I said, it's a fine line…..

That's the point I was making with my post after the Goner defeat.[/QUOTE]

Last season's fixtures versus this season:

A -United (1-0, last season 3-0)
H -Stoke (2-2, last season 1-2)
A - Leicester (1-1, last season 1-2)
H -Everton (0-0, last season 2-1)
A -Sunderland (0-1, last season 2-2)
H - Palace (1-0, last season 0-0)
H - City - (4-1, last season 0-1)

Last season the same games gave us 8 points and a minus 2 goal difference. This year four more points and plus four. COYS!

Wow. This is the Spurs team I've enjoyed the most since the year we finished 4th (and actually got a CL-spot).

Alli and Dier - wtf is wrong with them? They are 12 years combined and they DOMINATED City's midfield.

Toby - he's the new guy in our starting XI, we look another team defensively. Applause.

Hugo - ALWAYS immense.

Harry - got the goal finally. Instrumental for the 2-1 as well when he went for a hopeless ball and won the free kick out of nothing.

Lamela - yeah, that performance alone shows why Roma held us to ransom. The lad has been brilliant since the Marseille deal collapsed. Also, he is such a team player. Runs his socks off and loves it whenever we score. Can only pray that he will have the fans behind him regardless now.

Back
Top Bottom