The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm here...im not keen on potch, I'm not gonna change my mind over one game, I still think wednesday night was disgraceful and would of swapped today for a win last week against the scum.......but that's not gonna stop me praising the team and the manager today...we were brilliant. the happiest ive been since we stuffed chelsea....for me to change my mind on him we have to start beating lesser teams like this consistantly.....but for today....brilliant....im over the motherfucking moon...well done everyone especially lamela..so happy for him

Not been around for a little while - as good a time as ever to pop my head in.

What a fucking performance. I'm so so proud that we actually kept getting at the City defence even after we were 2-1 up. I can't think of any other teams who haven't simply rested on their laurels and clung on for dear life to a 1-goal lead to beat them.

That's the football I want to see us play, and it fills me with joy that Poch had us playing adventurously (to be fair, he and the team were all saying we'd bring the game to City pre-match).

This place will be unrecognisably serene this week.

COYMFS.

:pochohshit:

amazing result, totally deserved too. Now the people who were giving us no chance today and yapping about resting players for the cup, worth it if we beat Monaco as well?
I would say definitely!

Lamela, absolutely buzzing he has FINALLY ran a game like that-best player on the pitch by miles and we finally did it, we finally kept Aguero quiet!!!!

absolutely fucking ecstatic and have no voice left:)))

COYS

With Liverpool and Chelski down, this could be the year we could break through Top 4. I am realistic... we can't overtake ManSheiky or ManU, but finishing 4th is not out of question now. We finally have some pace with Son, N'Jie. I am really excited for 2016. If Alli continues to develop, he could be a baller! Kane, Son, N'Jie, Alli, all under 22!
We must now push on for a CL spot.
With Both Liverpool and Chelski down, it is a possibility. However, Roman won't sit idly and during the January transfer window, he'll let it loose.
Pretty sure I was the first, and only, one to say that we were going to win the league this year.

6ecd0170005ce22a4674b0cea39784ef.jpg

Let's not get too carried away now. Top 4 finish should still be the goal. We do have some young talents like Alli and N'Jie and Son. With another year of development, and if Kane continues to progress, we could challenge for the Title next year. But... not this year. Not yet.

This was no question Lamela's best game at Spurs. If he can do this good in almost every game then I think we can stop calling him a flop and he can actually be worth it. Not jumping to conclusions yet but he was just simply amazing.

I think Dier and Alli midfield (rotating with Mason) has the chance to become a mainstay in the English team for years!! Great to see youngsters doing well.
Amazing to think that a 19 year old with what, 3 games prem experience? And a CB converted into a top drawer CDM who also has limited prem experience managed to dominate a city midfield. Brilliant, so composed and mature.

well
there's a few posters on here who look pretty fucking foolish now

aren't there Sammy?

I would trade 3 points and a thumping against city for a second team scrap against the goons in the Carling cup

fucking Poch knows nothing.....

bwahahahaha

This fucking fanny knows nothing. Needs to be sin binned with a safety helmet so he doesn't damage himself or anyone else.
Don't be hard on yourself Jock.
Let's face it we were a little unlucky on Wednesday night...today lady luck favoured us but the team spirit & belief were there...everybody was contributing.
Last season there were times when one or two individuals simply did not give what was expected of them.

Back
Top Bottom