The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha! What a fucking day!

I am going to take some credit for this win. Only watched until the 43rd minute and then I had to get to my son's football game. Recorded the rest of the match, left my phone at home so I wouldn't be tempted and watched the remainder of the match when I got home.

I could not believe what I saw. Basically from the minute I had stopped watching until the final whistle, we were fucking gods.

I'm a jinx you guys. It's clear. All these years, it's been me. So much makes sense now. May have to start watching recorded matches only from here on out.

Going to watch it again now.

Our central midfield of Bentaleb, Mason, Dier, Alli and Carroll cost £9million and has an average age of 21... oh and 4 of them are English...

Unreal.
Great innit? Gonna have off days for sure, but gelling very well in front of a solid looking back 4. Only going to improve. Harry back amongst the goals & Lamela beginning to look the player we hoped he would be. Son working hard & scoring goals & N'Jie like a bloody rocket who appears to be able to cross a football. Happy as fuck tonight.

Great innit? Gonna have off days for sure, but gelling very well in front of a solid looking back 4. Only going to improve. Harry back amongst the goals & Lamela beginning to look the player we hoped he would be. Son working hard & scoring goals & N'Jie like a bloody rocket who appears to be able to cross a football. Happy as fuck tonight.

Ben Davies too. Was shouting for Rose to start then he turns up with that performance...

I absolutely loved being proved wrong when it comes to my personal doubts on a Spurs player and so many have done so this season!

Ben Davies too. Was shouting for Rose to start then he turns up with that performance...

I absolutely loved being proved wrong when it comes to my personal doubts on a Spurs player and so many have done so this season!
Most of us don't mind being proven wrong about Spurs when they go out & do that. I was convinced we'd get nothing today to end a miserable week. Couldn't be happier at how wrong I was. Eric summed it up in his interview. Agree about Davies too. Didn't put a foot wrong.
Plus we kept that little cunt Aguero on his leash which pleased me greatly.

Pretty sure I was the first, and only, one to say that we were going to win the league this year.

6ecd0170005ce22a4674b0cea39784ef.jpg

Non ironic quote or GTFO
.:allitongue:

Gotta give credit to pelligrini....he quite easily could of come out whining about offsides today, but he didn't he just got on with it....shows the class of the man.....mourinho would of had a fucking fit
yeah thought the same-hes an absolute gent like, even in other games the last cupla years when they've not gone their way hes very pragmatic and cool;)

bollocks , the words of a 10 year old .
Kinda describes the behaviour of you and yours around here, that. Moan moan moan moan moan - "mummy I want that toy I want it I want it I want it NOW!"
*gets toy*
"Mummy I want another toy this one's rubbish, all my friends have more toys than me I want more now now now"

I realise you have your gripes with Spurs, but I'm yet to see a positive word pass your lips since that result, which just reinforces people's beliefs that some literally only come on here to have a pop at the club we all love, and you're hatred for ENIC/Levy/Poch simply doesn't allow you to enjoy beating this year's suspected champions 4-1 - which would be a very sad state of affairs.

Any positives from the game? Personal reviews of any players? Thoughts on team cohesion? The fact we beat a team worth close to £500m? No? Nothing? Then I'm with SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy , don't piss and moan 6 and a half days a week and then lap up the victory on game day. THAT is akin to a 10 year old.

Kinda describes the behaviour of you and yours around here, that. Moan moan moan moan moan - "mummy I want that toy I want it I want it I want it NOW!"
*gets toy*
"Mummy I want another toy this one's rubbish, all my friends have more toys than me I want more now now now"

I realise you have your gripes with Spurs, but I'm yet to see a positive word pass your lips since that result, which just reinforces people's beliefs that some literally only come on here to have a pop at the club we all love, and you're hatred for ENIC/Levy/Poch simply doesn't allow you to enjoy beating this year's suspected champions 4-1 - which would be a very sad state of affairs.

Any positives from the game? Personal reviews of any players? Thoughts on team cohesion? The fact we beat a team worth close to £500m? No? Nothing? Then I'm with SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy , don't piss and moan 6 and a half days a week and then lap up the victory on game day. THAT is akin to a 10 year old.
It was hard to make any worthwhile comment on the game as I had appointments
at a couple of architectural reclamation yards with view to converting a Victorian
barn on the farm . The real world sadly and realistically has to come first sometimes , as for many others this must be the case .
As I have been outed by a self righteous pack of zealots ( gentlemen please ) l will
add this was a great result , but why do you need me to tell you this ?
I am very pleased for you all , but your statement sort of contradicts itself . If we achieve
top 4 I would be the first to hold my hands up and apoligise . I will have to take it like a man
in this virtual world of stupidity but also rather endearing in a comic way .
As you all know my main gripe is with ENIC and through many years of constant mistakes
on the football side I see them not changing but hey ho it is only someones opinion .

As l said l still consider this the mind of a 10 year old cretin , with the amusing rabble rousing
rhetoric of the playground .

The reality of the situation is that you have two sides of the coin here.

The pessimists call the whole team shit and not good enough, doubt the managers credentials and want the chairman out every time we fail to get a result.

The optimists celebrate the win and hope and pray that its not just a freak result, but the start of things to come.

I like to be on the positive side of being a pragmatist, take each result as its comes, relish in weekends like this one without getting too carried away and try not get too disheartened after results like in the week. Ultimately football is supposed to be a release for all the other stressful shit I've got going on in my life so why would i want to make it a negative experience?

People can support the club however they want, but my view is that if you're adamant that you want to have a bitch and a moan (and its not just about winning the longest internet argument of all time like some people), then use that energy to do something more productive than shouting into the empty void that is an internet forum.

Write an article for the blog, start a petition, write to the supporters trust, organise a protest, print some banners, start a movement. If you really think that the players are all terrible, the manager doesn't know what he's doing and that we need a new chairman then do something about it.

Anyway still time to enjoy a whinge free forum for at least another few hours id say.

COYS!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom