The Faraway Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What i love is wether its in the ground or somewhere random , you meet another Spurs fan and theres a bond , you want to chat, the Brotherhood of Spurs.............. Im from London but wherever your from we are all Spurs
Yea, this is it. Being from North West London I'm surrounded by Chelsea and QPR. But when you bump into a yid unexpectedly it's always a delight.

"when was the last time you were at The Lane?"

Just think...if we were born in South London...or if we watched a different first game...or if our family didn't love us...we might have been Woolwich fans!

We're all the luckiest people on the planet - wherever on the planet we are.

God bless us, everyone!

What i love is wether its in the ground or somewhere random , you meet another Spurs fan and theres a bond , you want to chat, the Brotherhood of Spurs.............. Im from London but wherever your from we are all Spurs
I had a cracking night at a bar in Hanoi with a couple of random Spurs fans from London watching the England v Sweden game at the WC.

Personally i think there's no comparison between the sacrifices you lot in London has been doing compares to the so-called faraway fans.
But yeah, theres no point in denying the legitimacy of global fans.
I came here only because i've been wanting to tell you lots the way television rights is going in the UK is crazy. I am paying around 23 pounds to subscribe to a whole season of premier league, any matches i wanted to stream. Plus Carabao Cup, FA cup and Nations League, Bundesliga, CSL, HBO Max, some other sports i dont care about. 12 pounds to subscribe to the same thing on the phone. And yes, it's legit.

I don't care where you're from, if your life is the rollercoaster that is Spurs then you'll do for me.

Nothing like going into a foreign bar and finding other yids there. Our fans across the world could never be accused of being band wagonners, thay could have had an easy time following others, but they didn't.

If you suffer the slings and arrows, you're on the firm.

CSWY.

Personally i think there's no comparison between the sacrifices you lot in London has been doing compares to the so-called faraway fans.
But yeah, theres no point in denying the legitimacy of global fans.
I came here only because i've been wanting to tell you lots the way television rights is going in the UK is crazy. I am paying around 23 pounds to subscribe to a whole season of premier league, any matches i wanted to stream. Plus Carabao Cup, FA cup and Nations League, Bundesliga, CSL, HBO Max, some other sports i dont care about. 12 pounds to subscribe to the same thing on the phone. And yes, it's legit.
I'm going to move to where you are!!!

Real fans are only those who live in London, season ticket holders who go to matches every week.

Others are only 'tourists' at best who visit stadium once or twice in their lifetime, those who don't or can't visit once are only 'wannabe fans'.

Real fans are only those who live in London, season ticket holders who go to matches every week.

Others are only 'tourists' at best who visit stadium once or twice in their lifetime, those who don't or can't visit once are only 'wannabe fans'.
Animated GIF

September 21st 2020 in the Son thread you posted this :
I hope this team do well (including Son and Kane) and win competitions to have something to remember. As a casual foreign fan, I just watch them play every week on TV and hoping them to win, that's all. Peace people, good night.

How the fuck, after a statement like that, are you in any way qualified to try and define who or what makes a true Spurs fan ? . I suggest you keep your opinions on such matters to yourself and go and watch some moreTV instead of posting utter bollocks in here.
FFS
:mourfacepalm:

September 21st 2020 in the Son thread you posted this :
I hope this team do well (including Son and Kane) and win competitions to have something to remember. As a casual foreign fan, I just watch them play every week on TV and hoping them to win, that's all. Peace people, good night.

How the fuck, after a statement like that, are you in any way qualified to try and define who or what makes a true Spurs fan ? . I suggest you keep your opinions on such matters to yourself and go and watch some moreTV instead of posting utter bollocks in here.
FFS
:mourfacepalm:
So do you have a season ticket and go to matches every week?

I don't care where you're from, if your life is the rollercoaster that is Spurs then you'll do for me.

Nothing like going into a foreign bar and finding other yids there. Our fans across the world could never be accused of being band wagonners, thay could have had an easy time following others, but they didn't.

If you suffer the slings and arrows, you're on the firm.

CSWY.
Nailed it !
From the London based Premium Suite holder to the young lad who has never been to a match but proudly wears a Spurs scarf on his way to school we are all part of the same family. There are no 'tiers' of fanship for this club, either you are one or you're not.

When I read the crap like K-COYS K-COYS posts in here it makes my blood boil. There's a guy in our street who is in his forties and severely physically handicapped. He will never be able to attend a Spurs game in his life because of his care needs. He has been a fan since he was about ten years old and spends an absolute fortune online in the Spurs shop buying all sorts of stuff. Now am I to tell him that because he doesn't live in London or have a season ticket he's not a 'true' supporter ??.

When you decide to follow Tottenham you become a member of a very special family and they welcome anyone from anywhere with open arms. No matter how big or small your financial contribution to the club is, no matter where in the World you live, you are no more or less a family member than anyone else.

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:

Nailed it !
From the London based Premium Suite holder to the young lad who has never been to a match but proudly wears a Spurs scarf on his way to school we are all part of the same family. There are no 'tiers' of fanship for this club, either you are one or you're not.

When I read the crap like K-COYS K-COYS posts in here it makes my blood boil. There's a guy in our street who is in his forties and severely physically handicapped. He will never be able to attend a Spurs game in his life because of his care needs. He has been a fan since he was about ten years old and spends an absolute fortune online in the Spurs shop buying all sorts of stuff. Now am I to tell him that because he doesn't live in London or have a season ticket he's not a 'true' supporter ??.

When you decide to follow Tottenham you become a member of a very special family and they welcome anyone from anywhere with open arms. No matter how big or small your financial contribution to the club is, no matter where in the World you live, you are no more or less a family member than anyone else.

:coys: :coys: :coys: :coys:
Well, I wrote that because I was being sarcastic, I was sick and tired some people love to label Korean fans being not 'real fans' and fanboys blah blah...that kind of shit.

So do you have a season ticket and go to matches every week?
You don't deserve an answer. To try and create categories of being a fan because of where you live or whether or not you have a season ticket is an insult to the Tottenham supporters who reside all over the UK/ World and for whatever reason cannot attend games.
I am not answerable to someone like yourself and neither do I have to justify to you how much of a supporter I am.

Your post was not 'sarcastic' as you now claim. It was simply crass and stupid and has no place whatsoever in this Forum.

You don't deserve an answer. To try and create categories of being a fan because of where you live or whether or not you have a season ticket is an insult to the Tottenham supporters who reside all over the UK/ World and for whatever reason cannot attend games.
I am not answerable to someone like yourself and neither do I have to justify to you how much of a supporter I am.

Your post was not 'sarcastic' as you now claim. It was simply crass and stupid and has no place whatsoever in this Forum.
Why this forum has so many'holier than thou' crap ass holes who are actually full of hate and discrimination playing hypocrite?

Why this forum has so many'holier than thou' crap ass holes who are actually full of hate and discrimination playing hypocrite?
Ahhh going to play the 'discrimination' card now are we ? How pathetic. I don't hate you, I don't know you and I'm certainly not discriminating against you. I simply thought what you typed was complete nonsense. You admitted yourself it was an attempt at sarcasm. Neither am I holier than thou. I simply don't have to justify to you how ardent a Spurs fan I am.
Now I presume you wish to give me another disagree and that's the end of matter as far as I'm concerned. Bye.

Just think...if we were born in South London...or if we watched a different first game...or if our family didn't love us...we might have been Woolwich fans!

We're all the luckiest people on the planet - wherever on the planet we are.

God bless us, everyone!
There is only one team and one North London, both are together forever COYS

😂😂 who will ye support when son eventually leaves

Back
Top Bottom