The "I'm a student and I need help with my dissertation" thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello.

I'm conducting a research study into the wellbeing of football fans across the UK and I would love to hear from Spurs fans.

I am particularly interested in the psychological benefits of following the club and how that relates to football fans in other divisions, regions and steps in the pyramid.

Below is a link to the survey. It's very straightforward. I'd be extremely grateful for your time and honest opinion in responding as this will form the centre-piece to my psychology degree.

Football fandom survey link: https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3E0yn0aecIVVNHL

Please feel free to share the link with family and friends too - regardless of which club they follow. The more responses I get, the better.

If you're interested in the results, I'd be delighted to send you the final report - there is opportunity to leave your email address at the end of the survey.

Thank you ever so much in advance for all your help and efforts. if you have any questions about the survey, please email me, Jill Desmond at: [email protected].

Jill Desmond

1. Are you a girl between the ages of 18 and 40?
2. If so, would you consider yourself to be attractive?
3. Do you like wrestling?

If the answer to all of the above is yes, I will answer your question, no problem.

Hello.

I'm conducting a research study into the wellbeing of football fans across the UK and I would love to hear from Spurs fans.

I am particularly interested in the psychological benefits of following the club and how that relates to football fans in other divisions, regions and steps in the pyramid.

Below is a link to the survey. It's very straightforward. I'd be extremely grateful for your time and honest opinion in responding as this will form the centre-piece to my psychology degree.

Football fandom survey link: https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3E0yn0aecIVVNHL

Please feel free to share the link with family and friends too - regardless of which club they follow. The more responses I get, the better.

If you're interested in the results, I'd be delighted to send you the final report - there is opportunity to leave your email address at the end of the survey.

Thank you ever so much in advance for all your help and efforts. if you have any questions about the survey, please email me, Jill Desmond at: [email protected].

Jill Desmond
Done and good luck.

Do you agree with the amount of advertising and exposure gambling companies are having. As you will be well aware gambling is everywhere you look especially towards the top flight of English football. I am currently aiming to finish my maters with a research project in this area. It would be hugely appreciated if you could take ten minutes of your time to complete my survey through the link attached.

Do you agree with gambling advertisement?

Couldn't care less?

Whatever is best for Tottenham F.C suits me?

I don't want gambling being promoted to a younger crowd?

Has it even increased your gambling activity?

I want to know. I will be attaching a survey link to the forum once I have permission. However, please comment and voice your opinion towards this matter.

BountifulDeepHammerheadshark-small.gif

Couldn’t give a fuck. If people want to gamble they will. Advertising bans haven’t stopped people smoking. Gambling has been around a lot longer than football so it’s hardly surprising that it will leech itself onto anything that people are willing to stake money on.

Hello my names Liam and I am in the process of completing my Masters dissertation research. I am looking into the growth of commercial gambling advertisement and assessing the implications this is having on consumers. As you will all be well aware marketing advertisement for gambling firms is everywhere you look. With most Premier League clubs having an official club betting partner being the face of their kits.

Once this thread has received a like I will attach a short five minute survey to the forum. If you could please spare some of your time I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Hi,

I'm a student doing my masters dissertation on bank fraud

Please could you fill In this short survey to help
Name:
Password
Card number
CCV number

A short 5 minute survey, eh?

Seriously. Does dissertation mean something else these days? When I did my dissertation it was an enormous body of work which took almost 2 years of pretty much solid graft, & had to be on unique subject matter not previously published, endlessly peer reviewed and finally accepted for publication in a respected industry journal

But hey. It's a brave new world where everyone gets a masters just for having parents who'll pay the fees huh

Seriously. Does dissertation mean something else these days? When I did my dissertation it was an enormous body of work which took almost 2 years of pretty much solid graft, & had to be on unique subject matter not previously published, endlessly peer reviewed and finally accepted for publication in a respected industry journal

But hey. It's a brave new world where everyone gets a masters just for having parents who'll pay the fees huh
Blatant "I got an education me" post

What was the topic of your dissertation?

What was the topic of your dissertation?

10,000 word piece in my 3rd year of uni and it takes on a lot more than you would imagine. I don't have parents that can pay for it all hense my 55k + debt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom