The Merseyside Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Playing golf then baby sitting my nephew Saturday.. but that is one cracking line up of footie.. could happily sit in front of the box for all 4 fixtures.

• Everton12:30Liverpool
  • Chelsea15:00Southampton
  • Man City17:30Arsenal
  • Newcastle20:00Man Utd

Game 1 draw

Game 2 gritted teeth.. probably home win

Game 3 never been a more certain home win

Game 4 come on the horse punchers! draw maybe

Everton is one of my favourite away days, Nightlife in liverpool is great fun. The grand national festival is one of the great days out in this country. Most scousers I have meet are good people.

Online liverpool fans are dicks but the actual people in the city are very decent. I tell it how I find it.
Went up for the Tranmere FA Cup game couple of years back and stayed on for the weekend at an old mates house.
Have to agree about the locals, had a great time.
Sorry everyone.

Everton win surely best result for us.

Just don't see any world in which they're title contenders, especially with Pickford being such a liability. We had a shite day when we played them and their other 3 matches were games you'd have expected them to win. The media were getting massively carried away with them.

Likewise people were getting massively carried away after the Villa match. Liverpool still very much clear favourites to win title unfortunately, (although clearly very beatable... especially if Vdv is going to be out for a while).

Win or Draw would be perfectly fine.

Everton going further ahead doesn't really worry me THIS early on - I don't think they have the depth and I still think their defence and goalkeeper is suspect (Funnily enough, all things I said about Leicester) but 2 losses on the bounce for Liverpool could be very worrying for them. Start to doubt themselves etc.

Draw is cool too because well, both drop points.

That game proved to me that Liverpool are not going to get the same luck as last season. They're already getting niggly injuries or things going against them (Mane coronavirus, Allison injured, Van Dijk potentially injured) and the decisions today.

And it also proved that Everton will not be able to sustain this. They were pretty poor today in all honesty and got very very lucky to even get a point.

Bodes well for us - as long as we keep it up.
Richarlison out for 3 matches as well. They play 3 away matches (at Leicester, at Southampton, at Newcastle). 4 points from those if I may be so bold (and I will).

Richarlison out for 3 matches as well. They play 3 away matches (at Leicester, at Southampton, at Newcastle). 4 points from those if I may be so bold (and I will).

Everton are a decent side, but I don't think they will be troubling the top 4. They don't have enough firepower or depth compared to the likes of us, Liverpool, Chelsea, City even Man Utd have a lot more firepower.
I expect them to challenge for a Europa spot and an outside shot at a CL place if other teams have poor seasons but that's their ceiling.

The VVD injury for Liverpool on the other hand is absolutely massive. That type of injury could be weeks or even months.
That's a huge deal for anyone with aspirations to win this league, and I for one have aspirations with our squad.

I've never been to Liverpool.. I am sure the waterfront area and centre are nice.. some good bits of architecture. However.. I would hate to get the wrong bus and end up in one of the estates.

I'm a Scouser and a can't stand John Bishop. Having said that most of the comedians nowadays are about as funny as a hole in your head. They dont tell jokes they tell stories that require a Ph.D to understand the punchline

Kevin Bridges is the funniest of funniest as fuck comedians.

Is it really that much of a hotly contested derby?

Both seem to hate us more than each other
You know how you lot feel about the goons? That's how we feel about Liverpool. Liverpool hate us - their fans claim they're not arsed but the Everton Facebook page has had a fair few of them comment recently about how they're going to waste us in the derby - but not as much as they hate the Manchester teams.

Come on Everton. Fuck Liverpool - hope they get battered. Such a shame no crowd as would be intense. Not concerned about their league points this early in the season - way more important to slow down Liverpool if we have aspirations to leapfrog them.

Last edited:
"A Merseyside derby like never before"

ExcitableViciousIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom