The Merseyside Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andy Roberston is such a dirty little clogger.

Hate him

Well, he is Scottish.

Idc Smile GIF

I get 4 points in the prediction league to go top but how can you say that's offside. Its a nonsense great result for us and a good match but that is not offside its crazy

Is it really that much of a hotly contested derby?

Both seem to hate us more than each other
The days when fans of both clubs went to the game together are gone (except for people in their 50s and above) Everton fans are known locally as bitters because they hate any success from Liverpool. It never used to be like that and myself a Liverpool fan would often go to Goodison park to watch 5 or 6 games a season. That just doesn't happen now. sad as it is.

Is it really that much of a hotly contested derby?

Both seem to hate us more than each other
Don't think Everton hate us anymore than a general antipathy for cockneys. Liverpool though are a bit weird I think they couldn't stand us as we rose and competed with them for top 4. Now they are champions they probably stopped worrying about us so much.

It'll be 10 years to the day tomorrow when Everton last beat Liverpool in the league.

But its 1 win in 14 years in the league that they've done it. Shocking record for a Derby really.

Good luck to them. I hope they win it. I know it'll extend their lead at the top but 2 losses on the bounce for Liverpool would be great and unheard of in recent years.

A game I have no interest in, unlike other city derbies in this country.

However, today I will be watching as my new phone contract gives me BT Sport access so after years of suffering with crap streams, I now only have to be concerned with being a minute or so behind live play but at least legal. I’ve arrived. I’m part of the Establishment.

3-1 Everton

Back
Top Bottom