The Merseyside Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing that James is able to immediately get the energy to shout out at the ref once the whistle went after lying on the ground as though he had been shot for a few minutes before that.

I hate Liverpool but that is a horrible and stupid "tackle" from Richarlison.

Not surprised to see James whine about it to the ref though. I like him as a player but he has been awful with the whining today, Should be given a red for all his dissent.

And that is why Liverpool will win the League, so many lucky results like this coupled with the wins they will get from the refs later in the season.

That is a killer combination to try and overcome for the other teams.

Everton are a decent side, but I don't think they will be troubling the top 4. They don't have enough firepower or depth compared to the likes of us, Liverpool, Chelsea, City even Man Utd have a lot more firepower.
I expect them to challenge for a Europa spot and an outside shot at a CL place if other teams have poor seasons but that's their ceiling.

The VVD injury for Liverpool on the other hand is absolutely massive. That type of injury could be weeks or even months.
That's a huge deal for anyone with aspirations to win this league, and I for one have aspirations with our squad.
Everton is not in European competition. If not for some bad long term injuries to their key players, they can seriously challenge for the top 4 as long as they can stay in the mix till New Year. Early day though. Only 4/5 games into the season.

Agree that Liverpool situation really opens the league up for other teams.

Back
Top Bottom