The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
Tbf on paper Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Lo Celso (if he can stay fit) is one of the best midfield trios in the league. Unfortunately the the game isn't played on paper and we can never seem to dominate that midfield area anymore.

We have to live in the real world. Hojbjerg is a good steady player and the other two have their moments but one of the best trios in the league? That's just not realistic.

An ageing Gylfi Sigurdsson has more goals and assists in the PL this season than Ndombele and Gio put together. I've seen mediocre players like Fred and McTominay impose much more control on matches than our guys. We need to get real and recognise that even our best players in midfield (and those three are definitely our best) are currently nothing special. They have potential but that's all, they are a long way away from being truly top players.

We have to live in the real world. Hojbjerg is a good steady player and the other two have their moments but one of the best trios in the league? That's just not realistic.

An ageing Gylfi Sigurdsson has more goals and assists in the PL this season than Ndombele and Gio put together. I've seen mediocre players like Fred and McTominay impose much more control on matches than our guys. We need to get real and recognise that even our best players in midfield (and those three are definitely our best) are currently nothing special. They have potential but that's all, they are a long way away from being truly top players.

Correct.

Much as we can malign our defenders and want at times more from our attackers, the truth is our midfield as a collective is simply nowhere near the Dembele,Wanyama, Eriksen trio.

To be fair even Sissoko and Winks at their best plus Eriksen were better.

We need improvements across the board or better still much better performances from the incumbents.

They are shite. But we will find a way to be even more shite, no doubt. If we take the game to them from the off we can get something. But that's wishful thinking. It's got 1-0 United all over it.

It depends on how the season ends. If we get top 4 then he won’t be sacked. I also think that Mourinho and Kane have a strong connection and another sacking would push Harry towards forcing an exit. Kane is not going to want to hang around while we adjust to another manager while playing on Thursday nights. He’d be 30 by the time we could return to the CL.

Fail to achieve top 4 this season and the entire project is going to end. We will be back where we were 15 years ago, selling our best players and being irrelevant.
That is genuinely one of the most depressing things I've ever read on this forum.

I'm off to get pissed.

cheers
:pochcry:

They are shite. But we will find a way to be even more shite, no doubt. If we take the game to them from the off we can get something. But that's wishful thinking. It's got 1-0 United all over it.

They are clearly not a bad side. That mate is seeing facts and contorting them for a specific narrative.

They have something over and beyond the obvious quality they possess and a manager who seems to quietly get on with it. No mind games or anything.

My view u6s they benefit from not really having a star player unless you call Fernandez that but they lack the sheer arrogance and brilliance of a Cantona to be title winners.

If the Toby relationship isn't completely fucked then play him otherwise stick Dier in. Simply cannot justify Sanchez playing again after that.

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Rodon Reg
Hojberg Ndombele
Lamela GLC Son
Kane
Get Gio away from wide areas and play him as the 10.

No more 4-4-2 we need solidity in the middle.

The wingers are anyone's bet at this stage: Son is shite atm, Bale is retired, Lucas and Lamela are Lucas and Lamela.
Midfield pair doesn’t really work -
They are clearly not a bad side. That mate is seeing facts and contorting them for a specific narrative.

They have something over and beyond the obvious quality they possess and a manager who seems to quietly get on with it. No mind games or anything.

My view u6s they benefit from not really having a star player unless you call Fernandez that but they lack the sheer arrogance and brilliance of a Cantona to be title winners.
a Harry Kane you mean?

Midfield pair doesn’t really work -

a Harry Kane you mean?

The likes of Keane and Neville would say he could add quality but Cantona had this real bad arse, co,ld-eyed presence and was the cream to a very good set of players.

Neither the current United side or Kane is at the aforementioned levels in my opinion but neither are their competitors.

And once again I am not saying Kane is not as good or indeed a better player than Cantona but contrastimg their presence on the pitch for their team mates and in respect of their opponents.

So yep maybe in answer.

Yeah man lets wait till it really kicks off!
God really hoping it doesn't. so horrible to see.

I'm from Dublin so we grew up hearing about nothing but the sectarian violence and hatred up there. Depressing to see any of that stuff come back.

I'm to watch the cranberries Zombie for a feel for the 90s Troubles vibes.

Still, what a fucking choon!

God really hoping it doesn't. so horrible to see.

I'm from Dublin so we grew up hearing about nothing but the sectarian violence and hatred up there. Depressing to see any of that stuff come back.

I'm to watch the cranberries Zombie for a feel for the 90s Troubles vibes.

Still, what a fucking choon!

Great tune. Hope things work out on your end mr.

Compared to what they once were, they are pretty shite. Obviously my statement is a little bit of hyperbole. But United certainly don't carry the same fear factor around as they once did, and any good side has a great chance against them.

I'm not even the biggest fan of Fernandes. Obviously he has quality, but I've seen him look quite dreadful in plenty of games, but usually saves himself with an assist or penalty conversion. I can't actually believe some people even compare and put him on the same level as De Bruyne. He's a million miles away.

If him and Rashford have a poor game we can get the W.

Back
Top Bottom