The Mighty Spurs v Man United. 11/04/21 @ 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you slap a player in the build up and score?

• Yes please slap me and score

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 71.7%

• Total voters
If the coverage even pretends that United are still in the title race tomorrow I may vomit.
Sadly we will have Roy Keane on I'm sure.
He'll spend all pre match slating Spurs. You know what I'm not listening to any of it. It'll be them slagging us off and saying Kane should leave. We don't deserve to have to listen to that.

Especially since we will be put through 90 mins of hell probably.
Feel like we are due for a result.

Not saying we play well, but I could see us scrapping a draw.
Draw ain't good enough sadly. We need max points if we have any hopes of Europe which seems imperative now.

Season had been dead for ages, even if we finished 8th but played good football I could enjoy it. I just cannot take watching anymore of the crap we get served up. Watching Leeds today with a piss crap squad taking on Man City playing with balls and flair made me realise the best thing we can do right now is sack our dinosaur manager.
Totally agree. How is it bielsa can get a bunch of journey men players pass and move. They don’t just sit back v city like we do where we only have 20%. Regardless of whether they win anything or not. Bielsa might be fun if we got him may be he deserves a biggish club like spurs to really test his philosophy.
football is also about enjoyment and watching your fave players on the ball. Just imagine if we had noddles or Gazza in our team you’d want to see them on the ball as much as possible as you watch football to see great players do their thing. No chance with mourinho.

After a pretty awful week, with dealing with a house fire I really hope this Spurs team can pull off a miracle win tomorrow to brighten up my week.
Sorry to hear about that... but don't hold your breath, Spurs have *NO sense of occasion.

*although having said that, We DID beat Wigan 9-1 on the day of my Dad's Stone setting.... (Google it, non Jews!) So y'know, OCCASIONALY they know how to brighten a dark day...m

What's the injury news?

Jose:

Good news. Ben Davies and Matt Doherty are the only players that are not available to play. So they are still injured. Of course getting better. But no more injury news. Everybody available.
Wish someone would injure dav during training.

3 or 4-0 United and that’s being nice. With our cack defence and Davinson Sanchez stinking the place out, we have literally got 0 chance. We have 0 chance in the cup final either. Just want this season to end.

What are we afraid of we have the best midfield in the league
namely Hoyjbjerg and Ndombele. 😁

Tbf on paper Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Lo Celso (if he can stay fit) is one of the best midfield trios in the league. Unfortunately the the game isn't played on paper and we can never seem to dominate that midfield area anymore.

Totally agree. How is it bielsa can get a bunch of journey men players pass and move. They don’t just sit back v city like we do where we only have 20%. Regardless of whether they win anything or not. Bielsa might be fun if we got him may be he deserves a biggish club like spurs to really test his philosophy.
football is also about enjoyment and watching your fave players on the ball. Just imagine if we had noddles or Gazza in our team you’d want to see them on the ball as much as possible as you watch football to see great players do their thing. No chance with mourinho.
This is true and also how I feel. I look at how much better teams (not as good) transition the ball from defence through midfield and also press much better than we can currently. They are better coached, want it more despite their limited abilities. We are carrying too many passengers dragging the team down costing us in games. Levy has made a mistake with Jose, I don’t blame him for appointing him as it was worth the risk but he needs to act now. I don’t envy him. Threw all in with Jose so carries the can equally. No excuses now - biggest summer for ENIC since they bought the club.

Tbf on paper Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Lo Celso (if he can stay fit) is one of the best midfield trios in the league. Unfortunately the the game isn't played on paper and we can never seem to dominate that midfield area anymore.

Peak Moussa Dembele would eat them all for breakfast, so not sure about them being the best on paper tbf. Ndombele is a mercurial and inconsistent genius and PEH is a decent DM but needs someone quality next to him imo

Last edited:
United are 21 PL games unbeaten away from home. It is simply an incredible run and one we could only dream of.

Quite remarkable so tomorrow is very much theirs to lose in my opinion.

If they sit back then we will lose because we don't break teams down and because we can't defend.

In fact I don't know what we do hwell

United are 21 PL games unbeaten away from home. It is simply an incredible run and one we could only dream of.

Quite remarkable so tomorrow is very much theirs to lose in my opinion.

If they sit back then we will lose because we don't break teams down and because we can't defend.

In fact I don't know what we do hwell
Haven’t we won five in a row at home scoring 16 goals and conceding just the one???

Back
Top Bottom