The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eric Dier: "You make your own luck. We weren't good enough in the second half. There are no excuses. We needed to come out with the same intensity in the second half but didn't. Everyone is down. It hurts. We want to win more than anyone. We need to learn from it and put it right next weekend"
At least there's no bullshit excuses

If you want a true definition of Spursy... Steve McClaren has just summed it up perfectly;

Newcastle manager Steve McClaren, speaking to Sky Sports: "The result is huge, massive. Not just the performance but the result. Back-to-back wins, which we haven’t had for about a year, and we haven't had a comeback win for over a year. These are the things that test the team and they have shown fantastic character.

Problems galore
- Key players looking heavily jaded
- Lack of urgency on the ball
- Poch put out wrong midfield 3 (NUFC was always going to make this a 1-on-1 midfield scuffle)
- play in final 3rd heavily congested and dearly lacking width and pace
- too little movement in FRONT of the ball

We let ourselves get dragged down to their level and then got beat on experience
People talking about Kane having a bad game, he had absolutely fuck all to do. Were we even inside ther box? Shambolic match

People talking about Kane having a bad game, he had absolutely fuck all to do. Were we even inside ther box? Shambolic match
kane mainly has to feed off scraps most games. we aren't one of those teams that create chance after chance for our striker.

Carroll totally out of his depth unfortunately, Eriksen and Dier were both brutal as well-can forgive Dier because of the work hes put in all season so far but Eriksen needs to start doing better, I was amazed he was left on and lamela came off.
Son was awful too, whats happened his shooting!?

Sad thing is Philly came hunting for trouble and got it! He was all hyped up and now he seems to have calmed and is calling for peace! It always happens on here mate, sadly you just have to deal with it!
Nah. The accidental "s" put the natives over the top. They can rip me. I'll be today's patsy.

it also shows how badly we need another striker.
Although I agree we need another option, I am not sure it would have helped today. We had no other real ideas besides long balls the whole first half and could barely string together a series of good passes. Service into the box was poor as well and by the second half we were just hoping for a miracle shot from way outside the box.

Another striking option wasn't going to provide us what we needed to fix those issues.

Bad day at the office. Missed Dembele, for sure. And I got very frustrated at:
a) the amount of times we gave the ball away, and
b) the 'through balls' into the centre of the Newcastle defence. Most of them were cut out but their DM, but we stopped using the width.

Eriksen didn't have his best game, either.
Onwards and upwards, COYS!

This game shows how important Dembele is.

Clearly. As it shows Carroll is not yet ready, Son is in terrible nick, Alli should be played alongside Dier, Eriksen should always start on the left, Kane is, understandably, jaded and that Poch is not infallible.

I will turn up at my office in North Shields tomorrow and enjoy the craic.

Back
Top Bottom