The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I kinda wanted to read what you good people had of thoughts about the match today, but most of it seems to be a few people trying to get into Guiness book of records as the biggest cunt, and a few who's probably the holders in the record book, since I only see post when we lose sooooooo life's too short.

For what it's worth, we were as poor as I can remember us this season going forward. I actually felt we looked in control defensively. We seemed to sit back more than we have previously. Maybe to try to control the match, to do what a few melts have commented on, ie. making sure it ended up a win, rather than a draw. It looked like we wanted to control the match with the ball without risking too much. And we did look like, we had the defensive areas covered well enough. Unfortunately, it resulted in the match becoming to scrappy, and we didn't exploit the space anywhere near well enough once we had lured them out. It didn't help that Dier had his worst match this season.

Only positive for me was Carroll. He needs more matches under his belt to get up to speed without the ball, both we have it and when we don't. But he's clearly a hugely bright footballer, and I just love how he moves our play so incredibly fast.

I stood next to some twat last week at west brom and he said to me 'we'll never win the league playing like this'
I laughed at him and he moaned at me for being negative. No, I'm just a realist.
I wonder what he's thinking now.

Without trying to sound too negative, I'm wondering what other people would have liked to have seen done differently when it comes to subs. I think it was last week or maybe the week before that some were commenting on how there's a bigger gap from the first team to the bench than many think. It didn't seem like any sub was going to be effective. Especially when they're left to come on SO late. When the game got really flat and Newcastle made their sub I was very surprised that Poch didn't make one too. Seemed like we could have used some fire and some heart. Give Onomah a somewhat long run out maybe? I don't know, it's hard to say.

Good for him? That's his first league goal since 28th August.
your very defensive totti. I wasn't implying we should sign him back.

I am just pleased for him that's all. I can pretend its anti Tottenham or poch if it makes u happy.

your very defensive totti. I wasn't implying we should sign him back.

I am just pleased for him that's all. I can pretend its anti Tottenham or poch if it makes u happy.
Just strange that you bring it up in this thread and not the Other Matches thread in the General Football side of the forum.

One defeat and people are losing their minds..

Yes, we should be beating Newcastle.. But these things happen. Woolwich lost to West Ham, City lost to West Ham, United lost to Bournemouth.. They happen. One result isn't going to sum up our season.

I'm not happy we lost, but in a way it's a blessing as I feel the team were playing to protect the unbeaten run. Now we know we have to go out and win, it's simple. Pochettino will analyse today's game, work on where to improve next game and then go again. We have plenty to be happy about this season, let's not let one result ruin it.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm American. Proud of it actually regardless of what anyone across the pond thinks of us. Meantime I'll pass your comments on my haircut to my barber.
Actually no, your not American, probably 2nd or 3rd generation.
The real Americans live in elsewhere, but certainly not in Pennsylvania, NJ or NY....just a bunch of guineas....

Back
Top Bottom