The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a text from a Chelsea mate earlier - I think I’ve all seen enough textbook Mourinho title winning sides to suggest that this looks very much like a textbook Mourinho title winning side. 🤔

There’s certainly a similarity.

You know you can get upgrades on those? ;)

For all the goons' crying about how we played - did they forget that's how they shithoused their way into an FA cup last season, when Arteta was the brightest young manager in the league :roflmao: 29% possession against Man City, conceding 16 shots against. Now they have more possession and more crosses and somehow I don't think they'd trade their performances from last season to what they have now.

I love the four to six hours after a big, meaningful, decisive Spurs win more than almost anything in life. I feel like I've just done a pile of coke and/or a couple of pills. Women look particularly beautiful. Music sounds better and more detailed. Beer tastes better and doesn't make me sullen and angry like it occasionally does. My bank balance is irrelevant.

I swear, the pandemic has only made this recent run of form more memorable.
Yes, it's lovely. I'm very happy we get to enjoy this at least!

Do keep that bolded part in check though. Doesn't sound healthy.

Let's ramp up the loe for Sissoko.

Lord knows, I've slagged him off in the past but I'm proud to hold my hand and up and appreciate how he's evolved as a Spur. There are games when he is absolutely key to us. Today was one of them.

Moussa-Sissoko.jpg

Moussa, please accept my apologies. I was so wrong, thanks for all your hard work.
Much respect for that post mate. Some people have thier agendas with certain players (Moussa, Serge) and despite playing well 9 times out of 10 people still cant seem to give credit where it is due. It takes a big person to change their opinion overtly, especially when its on a public forum. Much love to you brother.

(BTW im not saying you had an agenda, merely making a point! x)

COYS! Fuck off Woolwich scum!!

Say what you like about the tactics, but some of the goals we have scored this season have been amazing. The 2 goals Today were immense and were without doubt the highlights of the game. Both goals included some superb football but the likes of Souness bitterly would rather concentrate on the 2nd half

Souness the prick trying to sow discord with the fans saying they wont stand for the way were playing. We'll take it all day long for trophies

Did the same after project restart. It is the standard go to line when we win. You can literally hear fans cheering in the background (zero away fans) whilst they are saying it.

You know when a Spurs fan parrots the same tripe they are either anti-Jose or don't watch our games so therefore can be instantly discounted.

I never ever watch the post match cretins on sky, they have it in for us whatever happens

Who wants to listen to Jamie Redknapp spouting cliches like a fucking smartly dressed garden sprinkler

get them all in the sea

What a strike by both men, but Sonny was cocky AF to take that and right by him, fucking hell.

I am impressed by the strength of the squad to sit and take every chance a team has and that seems to be the MO these days. I didn't think it was possible honestly, but PEH and Sissoko are doing their job for Jose and deserve a great deal of the credit for the past three games.

As much as I feel all of this can be achievable by playing a more possession-based game, I think this is the perfect season to be playing this way. With so many games in a short period of time, its probably best to lessen the amount of sprints our team is making like some of these pressing teams.

Today was different than the prior two, we controlled the flow of play a bit more, especially to get the 2-0 lead and then sat off. Was nice to see a bit more possession than just purely playing for the counter like we did against Chelsea and city.

Amazing win for the club and happy for the fans that got to be there to see it first hand. COYS.

Bored out of my mind watching that tbh. Lot more productive working

Honestly don’t know how I would feel watching that live. But if I left my seat early I could meet my mates in the south stand bar and celebrate. I think that would be more fun than freeze in my seat while having stewards telling me to sit down repeatedly.

Maybe feel different there. Maybe not.

Was the 'excitement' of letting leads slip in the 2-2 last year or the 4-2 the year before somehow more "productive"?

Of course, you can call me facetious; but I simply don't get it..... Football isn't simply entertainment... Never has been, never will be.

It's a sporting competition.... And they are our hated rivals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom