The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
6pts above relegation 6 weeks before Christmas and no sign of improvement.

There seems to be a notion from some Poch backers that we are too good to go down.
Some of those same people though have been claiming Poch had been let down with an inadequate Champo filled squad.

So which one is it?
One player I'd like to thank is Toby Alderweireld.

Last season I said he was a shadow of his former self and was a weak link at the back. Constantly dropping before the rest of the back line and turning his back on runners. This season he has continued this, but now it is more evident than last season.

A Masters degree in "Not my fault directly, but I could have done a lot better" to our Tobes.

There seems to be a notion from some Poch backers that we are too good to go down.
Some of those same people though have been claiming Poch had been let down with an inadequate Champo filled squad.

So which one is it?
Firstly I wouldn't say no sign....if it was a lifeless body there would be a murmur of a heartbeat..if ya get me. I just think we're going through a major shitstorm atm. Most if not all the squad would walk into any prem side ( barring the obvious, City, Dippers). I agree that something has to change quicktime but I think it's an attitude issue rather management or squad, but I'm Spurs fan so even if the unimaginable did happen...I'd still be here and I will stand behind the club come what may. COYS

So which one is it?
I also don't get the confidence of definitely being too good to avoid a relegation battle. We are plainly fucking rubbish in our current incarnation. 1-1 with Watford and not really looking like we'd win it. 0-0 with Colchester having started with 7 internationals in the 11. I really don't know what it's going to take for people to wake up and see that we really are in peril of heading into that scrap. If indeed we aren't already in it.

Firstly I wouldn't say no sign....if it was a lifeless body there would be a murmur of a heartbeat..if ya get me. I just think we're going through a major shitstorm atm. Most if not all the squad would walk into any prem side ( barring the obvious, City, Dippers). I agree that something has to change quicktime but I think it's an attitude issue rather management or squad, but I'm Spurs fan so even if the unimaginable did happen...I'd still be here and I will stand behind the club come what may. COYS
It’s not about still being here if we went down.
Any real fan will still be here.

It’s about the denial that we could.

Spain have reinstated Enrique as manager, sacking Moreno.

Moreno was unbeaten in his 9 games, winning 5-0 last night.

Jesus Christ, we thought it would harsh to sack Poch on a bad run of form:pochshock:

So which one is it?
It can be both. Let down in terms of sustaining top 4, but still too good to go down.

It’s not about still being here if we went down.
Any real fan will still be here.

It’s about the denial that we could.
Personally I wouldn't categorize it as denial Sammy. I know the cliche about being too good to go down etc and if we keep going like we are it could become a real possibility. I just think we got the man power and the nouse to get out of this ( can't even call it a slump) malaise we seem to have fallen into. I also think somewhat sadly their are at least 3 teams worse than us.

I also don't get the confidence of definitely being too good to avoid a relegation battle. We are plainly fucking rubbish in our current incarnation. 1-1 with Watford and not really looking like we'd win it. 0-0 with Colchester having started with 7 internationals in the 11. I really don't know what it's going to take for people to wake up and see that we really are in peril of heading into that scrap. If indeed we aren't already in it.

And really we should have never scraped a draw with Sheff Utd as I couldn’t see anything wrong with their disallowed goal

Personally I wouldn't categorize it as denial Sammy. I know the cliche about being too good to go down etc and if we keep going like we are it could become a real possibility. I just think we got the man power and the nouse to get out of this ( can't even call it a slump) malaise we seem to have fallen into. I also think somewhat sadly their are at least 3 teams worse than us.

Its total denial, if you look at our form over the 11 months of 2019.
Had this slump started last September, we´d be champo right now.....just like we will be if it continues

Had this slump started last September, we´d be champo right now.....just like we will be if it continues
Correct if nothing changes from management or players then next season then it's away trips to deep dale and St. Andrews.

I really hope poch turns it around but despite good wins against red star, our league form is bottom three, it's currently where we are heading.

I'm not sure that's strictly true. Even the last 5 league games from which we've garnered 3 points is still, believe it or not better than 3 other teams currently below us in the table. Norwich (1 point), Southampton (1 point) and West Ham (1 point) are the relegation form teams right now. However, there can be no doubt that we are capable of going down.

3 points away from home this season, no league away win since 20/1/19 including the likes of Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton and a dog shit Everton. I'm not overly optimistic about this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom