The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
And just when I thought you couldn't be more of embarrassment you go and mention Southgate.

You're the biggest embarrassment on here you stupid cunt.

It was just a joke, hence the smiley face, BUT it's also pertinent as Southgate is now saying he can't guarantee being England manager at the next WC. I reckon he might be pining for a club job and we've been linked with him.

Not saying I would have him as our manager but stranger things have happened.

Now fuck off and leave me alone, put me on ignore if my posts are too hard for you to decipher.

:dembelefingers:

next manager will be a pragmatist. Levy goes between project and pragmatist, I know I made this point before but he will be breaking a big habit if he changes.

Santiti - project
Jol. - pragmatist
Ramos - project
Redknapp - pragmatist
AVB - project
Sherwood - pragmatist
Poch - project

that basically means we are more likely to get a Mourinho, Ancelotti, Benetiz than a Howe, Naggelsman type.

project meaning a very particularly style of football to be imposed on the opposition requiring specific players. Pragmatists work and adapt tactics. Mourinho is a bit of a hybrid though.

I'm reading lots of rumors saying West Ham will be the decider for Poch. Are any of the legitimate sources in London reporting this? Seems like a lot of smoke all of the sudden.

I'm reading lots of rumors saying West Ham will be the decider for Poch. Are any of the legitimate sources in London reporting this? Seems like a lot of smoke all of the sudden.

Yeah mate. Every little publication trying to attract more clicks are going to run with this.

They smell blood in the water

Thread from Guillem Balague:

1.If Levy wants Pochettino out he has to pay the contract of 5 people for 3.5 years. That is a lot more than the figure it has been mentioned (£12.5m)

2.If he does so, he will have to go for a manager with no job now (to avoid having to pay compensation). Allegri wants to wait for something else, Mourinho too expensive and also waiting for something else

3.Out of the managers that have been mentioned, RB Leipzig will not let Niglesmann go and compensation figure is too high for Spurs too

4.Spurs are in for few rough years whatever happens next. Recycling the side and competing at the same level as in recent years will be very hard, if not impossible in the short term

5.It feels like Pochettino has been walking up the hill in the last couple of years. Perhaps leaving last summer would have been the best solution, but no point in thinking of the past now

6. Ah. I very much doubt Pochettino is about to quit. Not his style at all

1.If Levy wants Pochettino out he has to pay the contract of 5 people for 3.5 years. That is a lot more than the figure it has been mentioned (£12.5m)

2.If he does so, he will have to go for a manager with no job now (to avoid having to pay compensation). Allegri wants to wait for something else, Mourinho too expensive and also waiting for something else

3.Out of the managers that have been mentioned, RB Leipzig will not let Niglesmann go and compensation figure is too high for Spurs too

4.Spurs are in for few rough years whatever happens next. Recycling the side and competing at the same level as in recent years will be very hard, if not impossible in the short term

5.It feels like Pochettino has been walking up the hill in the last couple of years. Perhaps leaving last summer would have been the best solution, but no point in thinking of the past now

So you're saying we're getting Big Sam?

:freundgoal:

I think the club have briefed the media, the story is in every single paper today.

Poch can not complain too much, he was always the first to use our “different project” as a deflection when results were poor, he cannot then turn around and say he expected us to spend heaps of money. Levy made a catastrophic mistake in not signing anyone in summer 2018 but there is still enough in our squad to see us winning games, there is nobody to blame for our shit football except Poch.

Recently he’s been complaining about the short pre-season for some of our senior players but youngsters like Skipp, Tanganga and Parrot had a full pre season and played well. Skipp started PL matches last season. If the seniors are so clapped out then play the kids, like United and Chelsea are doing.

Nobody forced him to select Wanyama ahead of Skipp for that Leicester game, when he came on against Leicester that was when I realised Poch isn’t that bothered any more. It was confirmed when we lost 7-2 at home and he just brushed it off. He’s bored and him and the club need a change.

With all things considered, even though I am more Poch out than In I say we have to stick with him and just get through the season. It's a really tough one but I genuinely think if we can get 2 players in ASAP in the right areas that we can tread water as the rebuild cracks on.

With players like Lloris, Foyth, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Winks, Lo Celso, Dele, Son, Lucas, Kane we actually have really good quality. It just lacks a cohesive flow, maturity in certain areas and a bit of grit which can be added with 2 key signings. We need more but realistically with £50m fees are we going to see it all happen at once?

We are still only 1 game off of being back into 5th place. I honestly think we need to just give it a little more time before we know for certain. I know results have been awful in 2019 but I say we give Poch more time both for the club and for the lack of viable options we may have replacing him at the moment. I'm not sure it's the right thing but 3-4 more games won't hurt us to the point of no return and at least then we can say we gave it as much time as we could.

Isn’t he Poch’s water carrier?

You feel sorry for someone who is paid 9M a year, and can’t outwit Colchester Utd, or make a sub?

You should feel sorry for yourself as a Spurs fan, and feel sorry for all Spurs fans.
Not the guy who’s going to get 30M to relegate us
I feel sorry for you Sammy, all of creation for you to enjoy yet stuck on here 16 hours a day, everyday, face down in the Slough of Despond .

I find Satchmo helps in such times

New boy here, so I’ll state my case. My view is that Poch is a good manager, maybe a very good manager, but not a great one. He probably is a great man manager but he is not skilled enough at the tactical side of the game. This means he gets there, but can’t close the deal. When the game goes against him, he is lost as to what to do, that’s why we continue to see odd and pointless substitutions, he struggles with the game strategy.
Thanks for getting us to this point, Poch, and thanks for many fun times, but we are now looking ahead and looking to win things. So I’m Poch out.

I completely agree with everything you said. It made me think though, I remember maybe a year or 2 ago I felt like Poch was great at making tactical changes at the half when things were going wrong. It's been clear over the last year that once shit goes wrong he is almost afraid to try something different. He subs players now like he just needs to fill an appearence clause in thier contracts or some shit like that.

I think he's a great manager but at this point he's shown us no signs of improvment and inspires zero confidence that he has a plan to get us back on track, just excuses. No one cares about excuses. Where is the passion? That has to start at the top and it's just gone.

I completely agree with everything you said. It made me think though, I remember maybe a year or 2 ago I felt like Poch was great at making tactical changes at the half when things were going wrong. It's been clear over the last year that once shit goes wrong he is almost afraid to try something different. He subs players now like he just needs to fill an appearence clause in thier contracts or some shit like that.

I think he's a great manager but at this point he's shown us no signs of improvment and inspires zero confidence that he has a plan to get us back on track, just excuses. No one cares about excuses. Where is the passion? That has to start at the top and it's just gone.
I don't think it was as much changes in tactics that he implemented during those half time breaks 2 or so years ago. Rather he has just always been a stellar motivator. He had a squad that was loyal to the death to him and he had them running through brick walls for him. But here we are 5 years into the project with nothing but falling on the line in a series of semi finals and a CL final to show for it and the senior players have probably started to doubt him. Particularly after his "If we win I am out" hints before the game had even been played.

Tactics have never been that great. But his ability to motivate and create a unified squad was immense. That seems far gone now sadly so it is best for all parties to go there separate ways.

I feel sorry for you Sammy, all of creation for you to enjoy yet stuck on here 16 hours a day, everyday, face down in the Slough of Despond .

I find Satchmo helps in such times

You strike me as a bit fragile.....when things at spurs improve, and the football gets better, and we start winning things, I’ll come and remind you that you thought these were the good times.

Back
Top Bottom