The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
I hate Poch and his stupid coaching team. They’ve implemented their dour, defensive Argentine ways on our fluffy attack oriented heroes and it’s not fucking on. I understand that Ndombele is a fast and loose footballer who doesn’t give a fuck, but why does the Celso bloke look so fucking shit scared before he comes on?

With all this money floating around, why can’t we buy some proper footballers who won’t take 153 years to integrate into our first team? Poch is a cunt and he should fuck off and take that ludicrous coaching team with him. They are seriously having a laugh.

Last edited:
Tuesday afternoon: 51% Poch out // 22 October, couple of hours before Spurs v Red Star
Thursday afternoon: 43% Poch out
Friday afternoon: 38% Poch out
Sunday afternoon: 37% Poch out
Monday afternoon: 42% Poch out // the day after the 2-1 defeat at Anfield; many fans unhappy with the team selection
Thursday afternoon: 42% Poch out
Monday afternoon: 44% Poch out // the day after the eventful 1-1 draw at Goodison

Thursday afternoon: ?

Don't know how it might change if we lose or draw, but I can see it back in the 30s if we win in Belgrade.

Who said top 4?
I said I want the team playing attractive football with a smile on their face

I have just answered you extremely clearly saying I would give the new manager two years to get got top 4 due to the mess.

The season is a disaster.
It’s funny you’ve written off teams 7pts ahead of us for getting top 4. Is their season further in?
They don't have any pedigree and I don't think they are good enough, you notice I haven't written off Leicester though.

They don't have any pedigree and I don't think they are good enough, you notice I haven't written off Leicester though.

I absolutely havent written off Leicester.
Any team with a good manager, Some talented players, belief, and a flow of momentum can do big things even once or twice.

That’s why Wolves went from Champo to EL in one season

Top 4 does look way out of our grasp at the moment, and yes, we do simply need to find a way to get back to playing football with a smile on our faces. The business plan for this group was simply to try and stay reasonably competitive ahead of our move to NWL which is the investment to bring the revenue that would enable us to consistently compete with the elite of Europe. The Eriksen-Dembele team overachieved quite brilliantly and Poch, Levy and the players deserve credit for that. That has set expectations much higher. But surely that group (Levy, Poch and our squad) deserve some backing from us as supporters? I've been a STH since 1996. The last 5 years have given me home and away days beyond my wildest (non-rude) dreams. Sadly, right now, a lot of fans are buying into the Talksport/Twitter-trolling view about our 5 years under Poch, the lack of trophies and supposed under-achievement.

We’ve had all these “Poch Out” polls about whether Poch should lose his job, why haven’t we had one about whether he should keep his job?

Just trying to keep the whole thing fair

COYS

This.

Its quite funny that people are using last seasons brilliance as the reasons to get the knives out, almost as if we had a different manager last year......if they used an ounce of common sense, they would be using the logic that once he has a fit squad, he will be capable of recreating our form.

People can write off Sissoko, Jansson and Nkoudou etc all they want..I slated Lamela for two years and was made to look a cunt in the end as he's one of our most important players now.

The fact is that Pochettino is a very, very good manager, who develops players, brings through kids from the academy, and on our day can beat anyone. I actually dont care if we finish below the top 4 this season, as Im hoping this is just the start of a 20 year project at the club. The guy is just 44.....I know lets get LVG out of retirement shall we? ....Jose too, another has been. Football has changed, and the likes of Poch are the future....oh dont tell me we "should have pulled out all the stops for Conte, Pep or Klopp"....and then sack them for sitting in 5th with two thirds of the season left.

Pretty ironic to want him out on the basis that we dont look like putting in another title challenge, when it was he who gave us our first realistic shot at the title since 1987.

Someone made a great point about the gooners.....what utter cunts they are. Where are all the Wenger Out banners now?

Speaking from experience, you can set your stall out so hard that you say things you dont even believe, sometimes to just fuel your own perceived rage.

Did I despise AVB? Of course not...he was a man trying to do a job for this club. It didnt work out, and thats that. My posts at the time though would have you think he killed puppies for fun.

Take a breather people and get some damn perspective. Times are good at Spurs.

20 year project

Fantastic post though.

I absolutely havent written off Leicester.
Any team with a good manager, Some talented players, belief, and a flow of momentum can do big things even once or twice.

That’s why Wolves went from Champo to EL in one season
I didn't say you did.

20 year project

Fantastic post though.

Yeah, proof that I backed the manager and havent "always had an agenda."
Now my expectations of him have nosedived and I want him out. Almost exactly three years to the day I made that post.

Its a bit like when people thought Eriksen was irreplacebale, but now they wouldnt care if he never played another game. Although they changed their minds in three weeks.

We’ve had all these “Poch Out” polls about whether Poch should lose his job, why haven’t we had one about whether he should keep his job?

Just trying to keep the whole thing fair

COYS

Well, if you vote with "no", that essentially means he should keep his job. It's just he way the questions are formulated that is biased. but you wouldn't expect someone who wants him to stay to start such a poll.

To be fair, who the fuck would want Poch now after this?

Would you want Harold Shipman as your GP?

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this site. That's obviously a tremendous feat.

The coach that took a bunch of average footballers and made them superstars, made us into reasonable contenders for win the PL for a few years, took us to the CL final and was a runner-up in the FIFA's coach of the year.

Yeah, nobody would want him...

Well, if you vote with "no", that essentially means he should keep his job. It's just he way the questions are formulated that is biased. but you wouldn't expect someone who wants him to stay to start such a poll.

That’s the joke Johnny!!!!

We have so many John’s around here it’s crazy

What’s the last John to play for spurs? Jackson?

That’s the joke Johnny!!!!

We have so many John’s around here it’s crazy

What’s the last John to play for spurs? Jackson?

It's the year 2019 and I sometimes need silly emoticons to signal a joke. I take the blame for that, I still need to get used to the posts on this forum. You can compare me to one of our new signings... I still need a bit of time to settle.

I mean if you believe that Sheffield Utd and Bournemouth are genuine challengers for a top 4 slot I guess it isn't, but I dont believe they are.

I don’t either but that’s not my point

They are ahead of us at the moment because they’re playing better than us

The table doesn’t lie

The coach that took a bunch of average footballers and made them superstars, made us into reasonable contenders for win the PL for a few years, took us to the CL final and was a runner-up in the FIFA's coach of the year.

I always find it so bizarre when players get 0 credit for improving themselves. They weren't a bunch of average players when Poch got here, he was able to maximize them in a way our other managers couldn't. He deserves a lot of credit for getting the most out of his team, just like he deserves a lot of blame for not getting the most out of them anymore.

This article.

I don't know, Pochettino isn't living in the same world as me.

Then, talking about the game, until then, it was always under control. We were the better team and we’re disappointed because we didn’t score more goals. After that (the injury and red card), it all changed and at that moment we conceded the goal.

“I’m disappointed because I think 11 v 11 we were the better team but the red card changed the belief, the atmosphere and everything on the pitch.

“I thought we played well, dominated, only the last 12, 15 minutes after the red card did they dominate a little. The team was good, the spirit... that’s the way to recover our best way. There is still a lot of work to do, but that is the way we wanted to work and, after, to improve our performance.”

Zero shots on goal before the actual goal, that came after a terrible mistake from Everton. If this is his ambition. I don't know, he must go.

Back
Top Bottom