The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
I always find it so bizarre when players get 0 credit for improving themselves. They weren't a bunch of average players when Poch got here, he was able to maximize them in a way our other managers couldn't. He deserves a lot of credit for getting the most out of his team, just like he deserves a lot of blame for not getting the most out of them anymore.

Of course, we can't have it both ways.

Although I'm not 100% Poch out, he still definitely deserves blame as well. For me, the greatest argument for Poch out is his stubborn streak. We don't get to see them directly but if the games are any glimpse into what goes on in training, he hasn't changed things up at all. His tactics don't change and my guess is that his typical, rigorous training sessions and the types of training have become stagnant as well.

He got the most he could out of this squad and did the same at Southampton. Getting them to the next level past that seems to be something he's still trying to figure out.

I could understand the players getting frustrated and having it be an impact on their game, but how quickly it all fell apart and how bad some of the personal performances are makes me think that the majority of the blame still falls on the players.

Gerrard will go to Liverpool next but I can nearly 100% guarantee he would have us playing winning football.

Maybe I just hear an English sounding version of clarity but it's a more coherent voice that seems to knoeď1

Pochettino really needs to find an answer to this ongoing malaise, notwithstanding the nature of yesterday's late equaliser.

It's the year 2019 and I sometimes need silly emoticons to signal a joke. I take the blame for that, I still need to get used to the posts on this forum. You can compare me to one of our new signings... I still need a bit of time to settle.
Relax then, in that case you have 18 months to two years :thumbup:

This article.

I don't know, Pochettino isn't living in the same world as me.

Then, talking about the game, until then, it was always under control. We were the better team and we’re disappointed because we didn’t score more goals. After that (the injury and red card), it all changed and at that moment we conceded the goal.

“I’m disappointed because I think 11 v 11 we were the better team but the red card changed the belief, the atmosphere and everything on the pitch.

“I thought we played well, dominated, only the last 12, 15 minutes after the red card did they dominate a little. The team was good, the spirit... that’s the way to recover our best way. There is still a lot of work to do, but that is the way we wanted to work and, after, to improve our performance.”

Zero shots on goal before the actual goal, that came after a terrible mistake from Everton. If this is his ambition. I don't know, he must go.

It's like Bizarro Poch. Nothing he does are says makes a lick of sense.

No one can tell me with a straight face that the lineups he picks, the "tactics" hes using, or the subs he's making are in the best interest of the team.

This article.

Then, talking about the game, until then, it was always under control. We were the better team and we’re disappointed because we didn’t score more goals. After that (the injury and red card), it all changed and at that moment we conceded the goal.

“I’m disappointed because I think 11 v 11 we were the better team but the red card changed the belief, the atmosphere and everything on the pitch.

“I thought we played well, dominated, only the last 12, 15 minutes after the red card did they dominate a little. The team was good, the spirit... that’s the way to recover our best way. There is still a lot of work to do, but that is the way we wanted to work and, after, to improve our performance.”

Zero shots on goal before the actual goal, that came after a terrible mistake from Everton. If this is his ambition. I don't know, he must go.

He thought yesterday was good but here’s what he thought after the players hammered Utd 3-0 away

“My mood wasn't great [after Monday]," he said. "I was so disappointed. I think we need to improve our performance. The first half I wasn't happy and I translated that to the players.
"We need to fight against the perception. When you compare the perception and the reality, we need to talk about the reality, and the reality was in the first half we can concede one, two or three goals.
"Of course the team showed character and in the second half we were much better. I think we dominated and we created the best options.
"But if we want to fight for big things, before talking to you and expressing our feelings to the media and our fans, it's about trying to improve -- and we need to improve because it's only three games from the beginning of the season.
"We're going to play on Sunday against a very good team -- a team that's going to fight and is in a very good moment, After three games they're over the moon.
"If we're not ready and we believe because we beat Manchester United 3-0 that all is fantastic, I think we are going to crash.
"When you've beaten Manchester United 3-0 in Old Trafford, an historic victory, it's easy to say our performance was fantastic and they [United] were not so good.
"But when you watch again the game I think the line was very thin, to be in the left or right, in the positive or the negative. Still in the last three games we've conceded a lot of chances. Our keeper made an unbelievable save to keep the team alive.
"Of course after we scored we showed character and many positives things, but come on. If we want to fight and be a contender, we need to talk on the pitch and not outside. We need to show we are capable after 10 months, not only after three games."

He thought yesterday was good but here’s what he thought after the players hammered Utd 3-0 away

“My mood wasn't great [after Monday]," he said. "I was so disappointed. I think we need to improve our performance. The first half I wasn't happy and I translated that to the players.
"We need to fight against the perception. When you compare the perception and the reality, we need to talk about the reality, and the reality was in the first half we can concede one, two or three goals.
"Of course the team showed character and in the second half we were much better. I think we dominated and we created the best options.
"But if we want to fight for big things, before talking to you and expressing our feelings to the media and our fans, it's about trying to improve -- and we need to improve because it's only three games from the beginning of the season.
"We're going to play on Sunday against a very good team -- a team that's going to fight and is in a very good moment, After three games they're over the moon.
"If we're not ready and we believe because we beat Manchester United 3-0 that all is fantastic, I think we are going to crash.
"When you've beaten Manchester United 3-0 in Old Trafford, an historic victory, it's easy to say our performance was fantastic and they [United] were not so good.
"But when you watch again the game I think the line was very thin, to be in the left or right, in the positive or the negative. Still in the last three games we've conceded a lot of chances. Our keeper made an unbelievable save to keep the team alive.
"Of course after we scored we showed character and many positives things, but come on. If we want to fight and be a contender, we need to talk on the pitch and not outside. We need to show we are capable after 10 months, not only after three games."

Yawn 😴😴😴

Yeah you're right about that, if we get relegated it might fuck off some of the prawn sandwich munchers that are only interested in having a nice day out at the shiny stadium and watch us qualify for the CL every year with no ambition.

Also, the people who kiss the owners arses might fuck off as well considering they would have failed their jobs so we no longer have to hear about net spend and spreadshets so we can get some people who actually give a fuck about the club and football back.
I like prawn sandwiches....

For me, the greatest argument for Poch out is his stubborn streak.

My main problem with Poch is that i'm not sure I want him to oversee a rebuild. I don't think he develops talent. It's a myth; he simply lucked out with Dele. Since then, he has gone out of his way to destroy the confidence of many players.

He reminds me of Mourinho - obstinate and dogmatic - without having actually won anything.

I must admit I'm veering towards an opinion that's it's best we part ways.

His behaviour, demeanour and decisions have become more and more bizarre.

I'm praying he can turn it round but I can't help but feel his heart isn't really in it anymore.

Such a shame .

75% of our supporters deserve what they get.
This article.

I don't know how anybody can read this and still think he should be our manager, completely delusional.

My main problem with Poch is that i'm not sure I want him to oversee a rebuild. I don't think he develops talent. It's a myth; he simply lucked out with Dele. Since then, he has gone out of his way to destroy the confidence of many players.

He reminds me of Mourinho - obstinate and dogmatic - without having actually won anything.

Another major factor that shouldn't go unnoticed.

He doesn't develop talent. He lucked out Dembele, Walker, Rose in their prime.

That illustrates so clearly the change in his attitude. A year ago he was disappointed with our performance in a 3-0 win at Old Trafford. Now he’s happy with a turgid 1-1 where we had no shots at goal aside from one defensive error from Everton.

He‘s not even trying to maintain the standards he himself set, he’s just not that bothered. The Poch who would become irritated by bad play even when we win, has been replaced by an impostor who is happy to create no chances in an entire game.

This article.

Now imagine Wenger had said that after Woolwich had a comparable run of form.

This board wouldn't stop laughing.

Talking absolute nonsense.

Again.

Back
Top Bottom