The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m more fearful of Brentford than going to anfield. Still can’t believe Chelsea and united beat us 5 times this season. Not sure if that says more about us than them.😔

I’m more fearful of Brentford than going to anfield. Still can’t believe Chelsea and united beat us 5 times this season. Not sure if that says more about us than them.😔

6 times bud. United beat us twice and those Chav cunts beat us 4 times and didn’t concede a goal against us. It’s sickening to think how spectacular they raise their game against us and how much we bend over for them

On getting into delusions now but any chance of Chelsea wobbling now….
West Ham , united away and then fat franks Everton to come… surely frank wants to prove a point!!!
It’s delusional isn’t it😩

West Ham , united away and then fat franks Everton to come… surely frank wants to prove a point!!!
Never say never. They will probably need to lose vs West Ham this weekend - Man Utd away just after

Tough game Saturday but it’s actually a good thing Brentford have won 3 on the bounce. They are due a bad result. Very difficult to win 3 or 4 in a row for any team at this level unless you are Liverpool or City.

Man Utd produced one of the worse performances I can remember from them over a 30 year period, surely they will show some fight on Saturday. Those 1230 games are usually lack lustre anyway. I never understand why but they always seem to lack energy.
they'll need some players back.

yes they were appalling but the media reaction was completely OTT considering how many players they had missing etc.

If Ronaldo, Varane, Fred are back in for a start, they might do something on Sat .

Ronaldo was back in training yesterday.

6 times bud. United beat us twice and those Chav cunts beat us 4 times and didn’t concede a goal against us. It’s sickening to think how spectacular they raise their game against us and how much we bend over for them
Kane's being disallowed for a "push" on Silva was a disgraceful decision.

But to be fair to Arse they showed what can be done when you try to attack Chelsea rather than play like cowards as we did

It’s a bit unattainable.

They’d have to drop a lot of points, and we’d have to gain pretty much maximum points. If we do the latter, we’ll take 4th anyway, so no point in thinking too much about 3rd place. If it does come about, it would be the icing on a very large “top 4” cake which we haven’t paid for yet.

But to be fair to Arse they showed what can be done when you try to attack Chelsea rather than play like cowards as we did
That would require Chelsea to commit outrageously bad defensive errors that they never do against us.

All 4 goals were gifted to them, only needed a half decent finish.

lol so much wailing on here. I remember lots of people saying we were getting relegated this season so to be where we are is ok by me - fighting for top 4 with it in our hands.

I'm looking forward to ending the Dipper title challenge with a win up there as we claim a top 4 finish this season.

Wonder what the odds are on us to beat Liverpool with Gentle Ben scoring........

:sonhmm:

That would require Chelsea to commit outrageously bad defensive errors that they never do against us.

All 4 goals were gifted to them, only needed a half decent finish.
Chelsea were not really put under much pressure by us in any of those matches and so were less likely to make the defensive errors that they made last night.

Our overall record since the premiership started would make embarrassing reading our results against usual top 4 contenders . So often we failed miserable to show up and play to form .

Little Girl Reaction GIF

I think we’ve played well in recent matches at Anfield. They’ve all been close and we should have won several of them, especially last season.

The problem with us is that we lose to lesser teams all the time. Saints, Wolves, Palace, Burnley, Brighton, Mura, Middlesbrough, LASK, those are the types of games that we fuck up far too regularly. I can easily see Brentford being added to that list. You can never rely on us to be professional against teams we are expected to beat.

We shouldn’t be in a position where we need to beat Liverpool to finish fourth but we may well do if we don’t sort out our attitude against lesser teams. You have to work hard to beat anyone, no matter where they are in the table.

Back
Top Bottom