The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Conte can finish 5th that would be an amazing achievement with this squad. In order to get 4th we'd need to go on a 6 or more winning streak, these players don't have it in them. Not in slightest confident about tomorrow as they struggle to turn up for scraps they should be winning.

Woolwich are 6 pts clear of us. But we still have to play them so if we won the NLD, all of a sudden there's only 3 pts. That being said, they have a far better goal difference (+12 vs +3), so we'd need to beat them by a good 2 or 3 to begin with, and then they'd need to slip up twice more. On recent form, it all looks unlikely but you never know. They're due a bad run

If Conte can finish 5th that would be an amazing achievement with this squad. In order to get 4th we'd need to go on a 6 or more winning streak, these players don't have it in them. Not in slightest confident about tomorrow as they struggle to turn up for scraps they should be winning.
Even the most optimistic of us knows deep down this squad just doesn't have it in them to go on the kind of run needed to take 4th now. We blew our chance with those recent defeats. We'd likely need to with at least 10 of our remaining games, including beating Woolwich.

As you say, 5th would be a great achievement. And hopefully enough to keep Conte positive about what could happen next season (with a summer transfer window).

Woolwich have won 8 drawn 1 and lost in the last minute to Citeh in their last 10 league games. Sadly that very much looks like grabbing it by the scruff of their neck.

Their three games in hand though are away to Chavs and ourselves and home to Dippers. Their record against the big guns has been as shit as ever all season.
Still got a feeling , they’re going to hit a wobble and blow it . Let’s fucking hope so

Looking at our opponents, Man U and West Ham have important cup games either a few days before or after our games with them. You’d have to think they’ll either have one eye on that game or be knackered from it. Plus we have three games in hand but I’d prefer points on the board than games in the hand.

Woolwich have no more cup games and have a pretty similar fixture list to ours. They’re in form, we’re not and they’re 6 points ahead with 13 games to play. They’ve also got a far superior GD so that adds an extra point. I can’t see 4th happening but 5th is possible. Regardless, we’ll need to go on a run here quick and it starts with Everton who are going to be playing for their lives here.

I would personally take 5th at this stage. Conte to stay on and completely revamp this team. I sincerely hope he stays on after this year.

One game at a time.

Our fixtures look difficult too, I'd say.
we have 13 games left

not in order as its off the top of my head

Everton - H
United - A
Woolwich - H
Brighton - A
Brighton - H
West Ham - H
Burnley - H
Leicester- H
Liverpool - A
Newcastle - H
Villa - A
Brentford - A
Norwich - A

We blew it with those defeats! All that bluster about games in hand on goons and overtaking them well they now have gane in hand plus at least 3/6 points lead. If we don’t win tnrw and they win their game in hand then it’s 9!ooints. Absolute shocking what we have done this season between conte and Nuno. Especially when was saying how short goons were and arteta was ready for sack.

We blew it with those defeats! All that bluster about games in hand on goons and overtaking them well they now have gane in hand plus at least 3/6 points lead. If we don’t win tnrw and they win their game in hand then it’s 9!ooints. Absolute shocking what we have done this season between conte and Nuno. Especially when was saying how short goons were and arteta was ready for sack.

We didn't blow it yet, clam down.

Was saying to a mate earlier, these next 4 games a crucial (till West Ham). If we get 9/10 points (unless the loss is Utd) then I think we could find ourselves back in the driving seat.

Back
Top Bottom