The Race For 7th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very good game, a lot of my mates were at it.

LFC went 2-1 up with 2 really poor bits of BHA playing out of defence. Had a good chance to go 3-1 up, but then 2-2 and BHA had a clear chance at the end to win it.

I thought BHA were going to get a battering after their Euro match Thurs, well worth a point.

I think Guardiola will be very wary. I recall the match end of last season. Brighton keeper daring the City strikers to press him. They were so cautious, not doing it, can only think Pep very worried about them breaking the press and City having to chase the game at 0-1 down.
Looks like City will get Rodri back so that might make the difference

Could be our best chance in awhile to challenge if we get a few reinforcements in Jan with City, goons, manure, wet spam, Saudi boys, Brighton, scousers & Villa all in Europe. Every game a cup final. Why fucking not.

Last edited:
If Liverpool win 1-0 they go above us goals scored. If they draw we stay top.
If City win they go above us. If they draw we stay top.
Arse-anal go above us with a draw.
Seagulls and Eagles doing well on Saturday helps us.

Last edited:
Before we get carried away with Artifical Intelligence, this is what Chat GPT has to say about us winning the league:

"Whether or not Tottenham Hotspur will win the Premier League depends on various factors, including their performance, the performance of other teams, injuries, and many other variables. To know the current standings and the likelihood of any team winning the Premier League, I recommend checking the latest news, sports analysis, and official Premier League sources for up-to-date information and predictions."

Before we get carried away with Artifical Intelligence, this is what Chat GPT has to say about us winning the league:

"Whether or not Tottenham Hotspur will win the Premier League depends on various factors, including their performance, the performance of other teams, injuries, and many other variables. To know the current standings and the likelihood of any team winning the Premier League, I recommend checking the latest news, sports analysis, and official Premier League sources for up-to-date information and predictions."
Bing AI says this: As of now, Tottenham is performing exceptionally well in the Premier League. They are currently ranked 1st with a record of 6 wins, 2 draws, and 0 losses. They have scored 18 goals and conceded 8, giving them a goal difference of 101. However, predicting whether they will win the league this season is uncertain as football can be unpredictable and the outcome of future matches depends on many factors such as player form, injuries, and other teams’ performances. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! ⚽

Looks like good news on the injury front - no real concerns with those returning from international duty.

Johnson trained well for last couple of weeks and to be assessed over weekend as to whether he plays on Monday. Gil and Bentancur both had 2 weeks good training - Rodrigo now training most of time with main group, won't be in Mondsay's squad but coming along nicely.

So within next couple of weeks we have Bentancur back, with Johnson back before then hopefully, so we should have a stronger squad.

I mean it’s better analysis than a lot on here can provide.

Still beats MOTD.

So not even giving Veliz a chance then?

I think we RW a LB for cover Udogie and a CB. We need another player to unlock teams that sit deep.

But then, I look at the U21, U18 and think... some of these boys would suit playing for us in the last 20 mins, when the oppisition is tired.

Fresh, young and hungry legs on the pitch when your knackered, yes please.
Big shout first season in this league to lead the line & us to the title. I more see players like him as next season & beyond.
Yeah I would agree with you about needing 4 players which is unlikely in January. I think Woolwich missed a trick not improving their first 11 last January when top of the table.
Yes, but multiple injuries are not a guarantee. Woolwich stayed miraculously healthy almost all of last season.

Our lack of depth certainly makes it less likely we can make a title push but it doesn’t make it unrealistic.
Yes I’d say very unlikely we we win the title. Yeah & soon as they lost saliba they fell away. We will need Leicester luck with injuries.

Ps. Woolwich 2-0 down :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom