The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
I think the trading of away tickets is overstated. I have roughly 350 points and get to some away games and virtually all home cup games.. I dont know anyone of my mates in a similar postion selling on their tickets. They are some times shared out with mates at face value. (this would happen with a ballot as well.) But the notion of season ticket holder collecting points and selling away tickets are largely a myth.
I can accept that it is perhaps overstated, however you only have to go on twitter to see that it's definitely not a myth. And anecdotal evidence such as that provided by 1chriswaddle suggests that even if people aren't selling them on they are buying them solely for the loyalty points.

Any information on how other teams are allocating tickets ?

Local news last night implied that Luton ( I know, I know), had given tickets to the most "loyal" fans. I know we are talking about much lower numbers of a support base, but my feeling is still that loyalty should count.

Was the same for the last season at WHL. That was a ballot for the seats for members, I got 2 for all the home games applied for. One of those was the last game where I baulked and applied for any ticket at any price, then got a £90 odd quid seat.

I can accept that it is perhaps overstated, however you only have to go on twitter to see that it's definitely not a myth. And anecdotal evidence such as that provided by 1chriswaddle suggests that even if people aren't selling them on they are buying them solely for the loyalty points.
You are quite right overstated is a better expression than myth. Every time I have been away with spurs the end has been full. I agree that if there was a policy that any unused ticket will amount to a 50 point fortitutre that would sort that out.

Are they really going to demand ID for every match (home and away) once all fans are back though? I very much doubt it; more likely that they will say that there will be random checks (which they always have said but to my knowledge have never happened). If they really do checks then I agree that the whole thing will change, but if not nothing will change.

As it is the only way to work your way up the list (admittedly very slowly) is to upgrade your ST to Gold (+5 or 10 points?) and attend every home European and domestic cup match) plus any away matches that you can get tickets for no matter how horrible (e.g. Middlesbrough away in the FA Cup last season). Last season all home cup matches would have given an additional 23 points and with around 250 points from the five rolling years you would have scraped into a few away domestic league and cup matches netting around another 10 points.

The away ST was a bit of an anomaly, but I believe that new ones are no longer being issued so they should eventually disappear.

I would also like to see the points for home cup matches and away matches to be dependent on the ticket being used though to prevent buying points and would also like to see checks on the misuse of senior or junior tickets, especially for away matches; both of those should be easy enough to police.
I just think for the Track and trace purposes at first they are going to be checking ID?

Say they started sending tickets to the app couldn't you just screen shot it?

last season for home games I would let my son somtimes put the app on his phone and he could get in all you need the CRN and the password. I couldnt see any difference that would have with an away app

Last edited:
L
Any information on how other teams are allocating tickets ?

Local news last night implied that Luton ( I know, I know), had given tickets to the most "loyal" fans. I know we are talking about much lower numbers of a support base, but my feeling is still that loyalty should count.

Was the same for the last season at WHL. That was a ballot for the seats for members, I got 2 for all the home games applied for. One of those was the last game where I baulked and applied for any ticket at any price, then got a £90 odd quid seat.
Liverpool is ST holders and members only via a ballot, but only those with a Liverpool postcode.

Last edited:
last season for home games I would let my son somtimes put the app on his phone and he could get in all you need the CRN and the password. I couldnt see any difference that would have with an away app

Yes that's what my two sons and I did with our two tickets (one was in my name); we just shared the two CRNs via the app. If ID checking becomes permanent we'll just use Ticket Share instead to share the tickets for home games; I now have a senior OH+ membership for that purpose in case a CRN without a membership is no longer allowed.

I have just transferred my ST into the ST-less son's name under the amnesty because I hit 65 in August and that would have prevented him using it for away matches from this season and since I no longer go to away matches it's not an issue if ID checks do come in.

I don't think an away app will be possible because that would require all stadiums to use the same entry technology, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
Yes. I was doing that with my own ST to save logging into the app every time I needed to show the ticket because the thing keeps logging me out. It would be nice if they put fingerprint recognition on the app, but that would probably cost money. :levystare:

Yes. I was doing that with my own ST to save logging into the app every time I needed to show the ticket because the thing keeps logging me out. It would be nice if they put fingerprint recognition on the app, but that would probably cost money. :levystare:
It's what I do with my train ticket when going to away games just incase the app doesn't work at the barrier

I just think for the Track and trace purposes at first they are going to be checking ID?

Are they going to be using track and trace though or is the ID check merely to prove that the ticket holder is who it should be? Are they actually insisting that the NHS T&T app is loaded on the ticket holder's phone too in order to gain access?

I haven't actually seen it mentioned anywhere that ID checking will continue once we are back to full capacity. I may have missed it though; has anyone seen it in any of the recent club emails?

Are they going to be using track and trace though or is the ID check merely to prove that the ticket holder is who it should be? Are they actually insisting that the NHS T&T app is loaded on the ticket holder's phone too in order to gain access?

I haven't actually seen it mentioned anywhere that ID checking will continue once we are back to full capacity. I may have missed it though; has anyone seen it in any of the recent club emails?
Im not to sure, just thinking out loud really, but i think part of the commitment of opening football grounds up in the short term would be to have a list of anyone who was there to help with track and trace, i guess we will find out Sunday.

I doubt they will know what the future plans are yet but I fully expect rules brought in for Covid will end up being permanent which could well include checking ID's. Does not affect me as not a season ticket holder but will those that regularly sell tickets.

Anyone else applying? £25 a ticket.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Royal Antwerp

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Thursday 10 December | 8pm

Our final group stage match of this season's Europa League takes place next week and as you have renewed your Season Ticket for the 2020/21 season you can now enter the ballot for tickets to the match.

As previously communicated, to ensure our ticket allocation process is as fair as possible, any supporter who was successful in obtaining a ticket for the Woolwich match will not be entered into ballots for subsequent reduced capacity home matches, until such time as all Season Ticket Holders who wish to attend a match have had the opportunity to do so.

Anyone else applying? £25 a ticket.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Royal Antwerp

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Thursday 10 December | 8pm

Our final group stage match of this season's Europa League takes place next week and as you have renewed your Season Ticket for the 2020/21 season you can now enter the ballot for tickets to the match.

As previously communicated, to ensure our ticket allocation process is as fair as possible, any supporter who was successful in obtaining a ticket for the Woolwich match will not be entered into ballots for subsequent reduced capacity home matches, until such time as all Season Ticket Holders who wish to attend a match have had the opportunity to do so.
Would imagine there will be a decent amount keeping their powder dry.

And if you are successful it reduces your chances of getting one for the knockout stages. Or for the Premier League.
I get that mate however, there's no guarantee of getting one of those. I do get that the odds are more in 'your' favour the more games go to ballot, as more and more have to drop out.

Difficult decision to make I think. Itching to get back.

I get that mate however, there's no guarantee of getting one of those. I do get that the odds are more in 'your' favour the more games go to ballot, as more and more have to drop out.

Difficult decision to make I think. Itching to get back.

I agree. I would love to go but I don't want to lessen my chances of getting to a possibly 'important' game further down the line.

Back
Top Bottom