The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
LOTS of people online fuming that a large amount of vloggers, influencers etc have gotten tickets. While I agree it isn't fair, I do believe the club are very smart doing so.

Having people attend that will publish a very positive C-19 matchday experience to thousands of followers will do the club more good in a push to get more in.
So they hand picked from a ballot then?
Sounds fair :mourloopy:

Should have done the tickets on the Loyalty Points.
Do agree though on the once been successful then can't go again till everyone else has or if it isn't a sell out.

Even as a member with a reasonably high number of loyalty points I've got to disagree on that one. The only fair way of doing it is a random ballot. How random that ballot is though I'm sceptical over.

I was unsuccessful, but my old man has got one. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. Good luck to the poor sod who has to stand near him. Bloke has been stuck in doors with my old dear for the last month. Not going to be messy in the slightest.

I would have got one on Loyalty Points but for some reason I can't understand, I instinctively feel the ballot is fairer here, but loyalty points is fairer for normal away games.
I agree. I got Bournemouth tickets last time round so must be quite high up. I would still hope that Cup finals are done on LPs. Random would be ridiculous. Give 30 years of loyalty home and away should be for something.

There needs to be a system in place which allows other fans with lower LPs to go to away games. They will never accumulate enough otherwise even with the 4 year cycle.

Maybe if you did a random ballot for fans with less than a certain threshold for the category C away games. The more glamour games like Woolwich away should have a higher threshold say (300+ points) .

There needs to be a system in place which allows other fans with lower LPs to go to away games. They will never accumulate enough otherwise even with the 4 year cycle.

Maybe if you did a random ballot for fans with less than a certain threshold for the category C away games. The more glamour games like Woolwich away should have a higher threshold say (300+ points) .
I think now that you are likely to need ID to get into games it will be a piece of piss to get most away games out of London as people won’t just buy them to flog on?

I think now that you are likely to need ID to get into games it will be a piece of piss to get most away games out of London as people won’t just buy them to flog on?
No, people will just buy them for the points and not bother flogging them. £570 a season to ensure you stay at the top of the LP list will be a no brainer for lots of people unfortunately. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see gaps appearing in the away section.

The club should definitely use this as a means to ensuring the tickets (and points) are going to the people who actually want to use them.

A couple of things spring immediately to mind. Either turn up or don't get the points. Or maybe have some sort of points deduction if you fail to go to 3 matches in a season that you have bought a ticket for.

No, people will just buy them for the points and not bother flogging them. £570 a season to ensure you stay at the top of the LP list will be a no brainer for lots of people unfortunately. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see gaps appearing in the away section.

The club should definitely use this as a means to ensuring the tickets (and points) are going to the people who actually want to use them.

A couple of things spring immediately to mind. Either turn up or don't get the points. Or maybe have some sort of points deduction if you fail to go to 3 matches in a season that you have bought a ticket for.
I’m sure with track and trace it will be easy to see who doesn’t turn up and give this list to the club and if you don’t turn up you get no points, hopefully it’s something the club decide to do, I think it’s the fairest approach that those with the highest points get the first refusals for cup and away games , what I hate is the point hoarders who flog the less glamorous games to stay top of the list and then go to gooners and Chelsea away, and with the current process it’s impossible to get near the top of the points list.

I’m sure with track and trace it will be easy to see who doesn’t turn up and give this list to the club and if you don’t turn up you get no points, hopefully it’s something the club decide to do, I think it’s the fairest approach that those with the highest points get the first refusals for cup and away games , what I hate is the point hoarders who flog the less glamorous games to stay top of the list and then go to gooners and Chelsea away, and with the current process it’s impossible to get near the top of the points list.
Are they really going to demand ID for every match (home and away) once all fans are back though? I very much doubt it; more likely that they will say that there will be random checks (which they always have said but to my knowledge have never happened). If they really do checks then I agree that the whole thing will change, but if not nothing will change.

As it is the only way to work your way up the list (admittedly very slowly) is to upgrade your ST to Gold (+5 or 10 points?) and attend every home European and domestic cup match) plus any away matches that you can get tickets for no matter how horrible (e.g. Middlesbrough away in the FA Cup last season). Last season all home cup matches would have given an additional 23 points and with around 250 points from the five rolling years you would have scraped into a few away domestic league and cup matches netting around another 10 points.

The away ST was a bit of an anomaly, but I believe that new ones are no longer being issued so they should eventually disappear.

I would also like to see the points for home cup matches and away matches to be dependent on the ticket being used though to prevent buying points and would also like to see checks on the misuse of senior or junior tickets, especially for away matches; both of those should be easy enough to police.

Do the vloggers get special treatment from the club's?

That expressions guy has a South Stand Standing seat and goes on SkySports News. But at Wembley he sat all over the place.
Anyone know him as a ST holder near them at WHL?

Personally I think the club use these guys as PR machines. 150k you tube followers worth more than an average fan buying a pint. That’s the world of today

Exactly, there's nothing "loyal" about going to Woolwich away every year and then stitching up fellow yids for £100+ a pop for your away ticket.

Other clubs split the distribution of tickets and have ballots, unfortunately we just have the LP system and corporates who get offered them.

Whilst loyalty should be rewarded, who's to say the next generation wouldn't go to away games for the next 30 years?

They'll never get the chance

The £30 cap on away ticket price is ,in principle, a splendid idea.Sadly and predictably it has lead to widespread abuse, the amount of away tickets advertised for sale on social media platforms is truly shocking.
I went to Middlesbrough in January (the only away game I had enough points ) The amount of empty seats in our end was embarrassing even though our entire allocation was ‘sold out’. Clearly many people had decided that £20 for 4 ticketing points was an offer too good to refuse.I wrote to the Supporters Trust after the game to point out this and many other ways that the allocation system was being routinely abused.Their reply made it clear that they support the current allocation system.Hardly surprising given that the vast majority of the THST board benefit from the current system.
I hope in future that away tickets will be issued digitally to the ST holders mobile phone and will be 100% non transferable and 100% traceable to ensure it has been used. That should stop most of the current nonsense, though I have no doubt people will still find ways to abuse the system.

I think the trading of away tickets is overstated. I have roughly 350 points and get to some away games and virtually all home cup games.. I dont know anyone of my mates in a similar postion selling on their tickets. They are some times shared out with mates at face value. (this would happen with a ballot as well.) But the notion of season ticket holder collecting points and selling away tickets are largely a myth.

I think the trading of away tickets is overstated. I have roughly 350 points and get to some away games and virtually all home cup games.. I dont know anyone of my mates in a similar postion selling on their tickets. They are some times shared out with mates at face value. (this would happen with a ballot as well.) But the notion of season ticket holder collecting points and selling away tickets are largely a myth.
I think people are more incentivised to go now it's £30 rather than £50-70. To some that's a lot and to others it feels like a lot.

Back
Top Bottom