The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Over the two games you played us H & A in the PL we had 40 shots 11 on target and scored 1 goal.
You had 23 shots and 4 on target yet scored 2 goals. We absolutely battered you at ours. We staged a smash and grab at yours last season, but had the grace to admit it. However, with you it seems that it's superb tactics when you do the same.
I'd say 2 shots on target v us at, what is it now Kingpower, is pretty pathetic. Is it luck that you managed to put one of them away or absolute clinical finishing?
You had 2 shots on target all game t ours and scored form a set piece at the death.
Luckily you have been injury free, especially to Vardy and Mahrez mainly due to the fact that you played weakened teams in the cups and you have had no European distractions.
35 of your league goals have come from 2 players.The other 17 spread between 9 players.
Good luck to you. However, don't believe your hype. Your good at defending and have 1 player you hit it over the top to and have another skilful player who may have the gift to get you out of a hole.
You are highly organised. You are also clever at getting free kicks to profit from set pieces.
However, next season you'll find it different. That's if you take the CL seriously.
I wouldn't care if you won the league. It would be refreshing. However, please don't say you are a great footballing side, you aint.
Neither were woolwich when they did the same.
Pearson set you up nicely. Not as a tactic for winning the PL, but to make sure you stayed in it. Huth and Morgan could not operate any other way than deep. Simple as.
Ranieri has made one decent signing, yet you could have got Namplays Mendy instead - who Claudio also called his 'Makelele' at Monaco.
You have had your best eleven fresh and uninjured for the vast majority of the season. However, next season it will be different. If you take the CL seriously.
We have seen it with Liverpool - who nearly won a title without Europe but have done nothing since they have - Everton and Southampton.
CL league does not also guarantee you will attract world class players. Wages does.
Good luck to Leicester. Your good at what you do.

I've read this carefully, although a bit pissed, several times. It is excellent.

After watching the match today I am more confident. The Liverpool game is the big one. We have a poor record up there and a poor record after the International break. Get a win there and anything is possible for us. Do not think we are under pressure whilst 5 points behind but may be different if Leicester do falter. We cannot do anything about Leicesters results and must concentrate on getting 3 points every match.

What's that old football cliche - Let's take each game as it comes and see what develops.
Leicester are in the driving seat, so we just need to keep calm, carry on doing what we are doing and hope they hit a bump in the road and we are still in a position to take advantage to overtake.

I think we need to trust in some stats and just hope there's not an ultimate (sorry) Spursy fate awaiting us. We have the most goals, the best defence, the highest goal difference and the league's top scorer - if all that is still the case after 38 games then we must have an excellent chance of having won the league. If not, well fuck me, that'd be just us all over!

One game at a time; secure top 4, then top 3, finish above the Scum and then worry about the title after that.

If we go on to win the league it'll be because we've been the best team this season.

If Leicester win the league it'll be because of the head to head results against us.

Either way, neither side can complain.

After watching the match today I am more confident. The Liverpool game is the big one. We have a poor record up there and a poor record after the International break. Get a win there and anything is possible for us. Do not think we are under pressure whilst 5 points behind but may be different if Leicester do falter. We cannot do anything about Leicesters results and must concentrate on getting 3 points every match.

Although our record away at the Bridge is far worse than it is at Anfield. If we win those two though we are on course for hitting the unknown for us. We should go into those games with nothing to fear, historically we have been bad at those places, however this season they are nothing but mid-table fodder that are terrible.

I don't think it matters too much who each team plays in the fixtures. When you are good enough to win the league you beat whoever you need to. Woolwich often slip up against east opposition so I don't think they will win every game. Their defence is still poor and I just don't think they have the belief required.

I think our team believes, and I could see us winning every remaining game. If it was mid season I wouldn't be saying that, but when you are talking about just winning 7 games to try and win the title the dynamic is completely different.

Leicester also have superb belief though and I don't see them dropping lots of points. But potentially we only need them to lose and draw one each. Ideally though they would drop points as early as possible as that would massively increase their self doubt. The pressure builds on them every time we get three points though because they are watching our games hoping we will drop points. Just need to keep winning our games and I don't think we need to be afraid of anyone.

Although our record away at the Bridge is far worse than it is at Anfield. If we win those two though we are on course for hitting the unknown for us. We should go into those games with nothing to fear, historically we have been bad at those places, however this season they are nothing but mid-table fodder that are terrible.
true. but to balance it out I would also say we have only beaten 3 of the top 12.
we usually draw with them & beat the bottom half teams. we are very good at beating the bottom half teams.
but we don't win or lose many against the top half teams.
5 of our remaining 7 are against top half teams so it will be very tough.
we will have to change this trend of drawing with those sort of teams.

out of this final positions scenario, which would u choose?

Leicester
Woolwich
us

or

Woolwich
us
Leicester.

I think the best type of fan can manage to put his or her club first 100% of the time.
so they would choose us 2nd even though it means Woolwich finishing 1st.

I sadly would rather finish 3rd & Woolwich 2nd. which I know is wrong but its just my preference.
it doesn't make us bad fans!

that's why I am ok to admit the likes of JC (joe clash, not Jesus Christ) are truer fans than me.
I may be wrong but I think he would choose the option where we finish the highest.
obviously I hope we finish 1st!

I will also admit if I ever go to a match where we go 4 behind, I will get up & go!
respect to the fans who stay to the end.
not that this will happen anytime soon.

Leicester
Woolwich
us

or

Woolwich
us
Leicester.

I think the best type of fan can manage to put his or her club first 100% of the time.

I sadly would rather finish 3rd & Woolwich 2nd. which I know is wrong but its just my preference.

that's why I am ok to admit the likes of JC (joe clash, not Jesus Christ) are truer fans than me.
I may be wrong but I think he would choose the option where we finish the highest.

I will also admit if I ever go to a match where we go 4 behind, I will get up & go!
Coming 3rd now would be like your best mate banging your mrs. Fuck that for a game of soldiers :eriksenlol:

I don’t see Leicester dropping that many points. For that reason alone, I don’t see us winning the league even if we do end up have a fantastic run.

The biggest worry for me is whether Woolwich will catch us. They have the easiest run in and I have genuine nightmares they’ll pip us to second place.

However, it’s amazing to think how far we’ve come under Pochettino and this squad of players. At the start of the season we would have all deliriously settled for 4th spot and qualification to the Champions League. We’re now talking about being potential champions and that anything other than a top-two finish will be a massive disappointment. It just goes to show how much of a gap there is between a top four finish and being crowned champions. Winning is everything and it feels good to be in this situation.

I guess we will be where we deserve to be. That’s the philosophical way of looking at it.

Leicester
Woolwich
us

or

Woolwich
us
Leicester.

Why are you talking in such negatives? We are not second by luck, we've worked our way up there. Our football is improving and we should have a bit more faith than talking about scenarios where Woolwich catch us up. We should be looking ahead not behind. We've lost 4 times this season and even then none were a hammering. It's fine margins and we can only beat who is in front of us. Yes we have some tough games, but it's also tough for the opposition coming up against the best attack and defence in the league.

It's modern Catenaccio that they play, it's a tactic which can be highly successful in the short term - but ultimately (as Italian football shows) it kills itself as no one wants to watch it.......and without fans football dies

It's Inter Milan with a pointy chin!

What's that old football cliche - Let's take each game as it comes and see what develops.
Leicester are in the driving seat, so we just need to keep calm, carry on doing what we are doing and hope they hit a bump in the road and we are still in a position to take advantage to overtake.

So you drive then......

Why are you talking in such negatives? We are not second by luck, we've worked our way up there. Our football is improving and we should have a bit more faith than talking about scenarios where Woolwich catch us up. We should be looking ahead not behind. We've lost 4 times this season and even then none were a hammering. It's fine margins and we can only beat who is in front of us. Yes we have some tough games, but it's also tough for the opposition coming up against the best attack and defence in the league.
I like your positivity. I don't think 2nd or 3rd is that negative though. I guess 3rd is a bit negative.
but 2nd would be great in my opinion.

you are right about not losing many. its more of a case that we draw a lot against the top half teams. those need to be turned in to wins.

Just enjoy it Ladies and Gents.
I resigned myself years ago to never seeing us win the league.
I now find myself thinking how many t shirts /polos with the words "Champions 2016" written on them I should buy for the summer
Just enjoy the ride

I am not moved. I really feel we will win the league, it will come down to the last game but we will do it!
Kane to score the winner at Newcastle to round off a superb season! COYS

Leicester
Woolwich
us

or

Woolwich
us
Leicester.

Never be a fatalist!

I don’t see Leicester dropping that many points. For that reason alone, I don’t see us winning the league even if we do end up have a fantastic run.

The biggest worry for me is whether Woolwich will catch us. They have the easiest run in and I have genuine nightmares they’ll pip us to second place.

However, it’s amazing to think how far we’ve come under Pochettino and this squad of players. At the start of the season we would have all deliriously settled for 4th spot and qualification to the Champions League. We’re now talking about being potential champions and that anything other than a top-two finish will be a massive disappointment. It just goes to show how much of a gap there is between a top four finish and being crowned champions. Winning is everything and it feels good to be in this situation.

I guess we will be where we deserve to be. That’s the philosophical way of looking at it.
I'm only saying that coming 3rd would be a disappointment due to the scum possibly pipping us for that second spot should we not win the title.

Back
Top Bottom