The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really bugging me that for the next 3 weeks we have to play on a Monday night. How that got passed is criminal. Surely they looked at the schedule and figured it was unprecedented and maybe they should televise us on the Saturday or sundaybfor at least one of those?

First of all - it fucks over a lot of fans who find if hard to travel to the lane on a weekday evening. But especially for the away trips. Or even if it's no problem, some of us like to make a day ( and night) out of it but that's not really possible on a Monday night.
Our club is in a title race and sky have made it more difficult for our fans to see their team play live.

Second. I see it as a disadvantage to the team. If Leicester drop points in any of the coming 3 games we have 1-2 days to stew on that and that only adds to the immense pressure on the players. It also takes the pressure of Leicester to not see the gap decrease between us should we say win a game before they play.

Finally as a tv audience, it takes a lot of the drama away when the two sides battling for the title are playing days apart. Much more entertaining if it's the same day or even the same time in my opinion.

for just a short time today i was a hammer fan, I got home it was nil 1 put the kettle on for a cuppa returned to the living room nil - 2 dam started running the shower 1-2 HT returned in time for 2-2 sat and watches 3-2 goal go in ran round the living room with my towel swinging around my head looked out the window to see my mate next door cutting the grass !! looking at me as he turned round !!

Were you singing "bubbles "?

I nearly was.......

:walkercry:

Thing is Lecister will have to juggle European Football next season which as we all know massively affects form.

At the same time the likes of Man United, West Ham will have to deal with the shit shower that is the EL and trips to Russia obviously depending on 5/6th place finish.

We on the other hand get the Champions League which means we can buy better players than if we are in the EL.

It will hurt not winning the title but if fingers crossed we at least get 2nd we put ourselves I a great place for next season.

Dark horse for next season must be Chelsea given they have no European Football.

Will Conte adjust to PL though?

Reckon Costa will leave as will Hazard but wouldn't want either here!

I'm starting to wonder about Leicester's trip to Stamford Bridge. Yes their players will want them to win the league over us, but won't they want their win bonus more?

No

They will roll over against Leicester and bust a gut against us

Players like Hazard certainly didn't want their win bonus when they contrived to get their manager the sack as evidenced in the Leicester away game!
An absolute disgrace from a shit stain of a club who, I hope, have another crap season next year.

:dembelefingers:

I'll continue to dream until it isn't mathematically possible, but Leicester over the course of the season have been too consistent, and recently very fortunate. When you have lady luck with you too it's hard to match that.

Us needing five from five is hard enough, but I can seriously seeing the Chavs rolling over on that final day, so we need to be at least level on points before the final day, meaning Leicester can only win one of their next four.

Beating United puts the pressure on them to perform in their respective match, and I think that the Hammers being in a similar fight will get at least a point, but can you see Leicester dropping points to Everton or Swansea?

Really bugging me that for the next 3 weeks we have to play on a Monday night. How that got passed is criminal. Surely they looked at the schedule and figured it was unprecedented and maybe they should televise us on the Saturday or sundaybfor at least one of those?

First of all - it fucks over a lot of fans who find if hard to travel to the lane on a weekday evening. But especially for the away trips. Or even if it's no problem, some of us like to make a day ( and night) out of it but that's not really possible on a Monday night.
Our club is in a title race and sky have made it more difficult for our fans to see their team play live.

Second. I see it as a disadvantage to the team. If Leicester drop points in any of the coming 3 games we have 1-2 days to stew on that and that only adds to the immense pressure on the players. It also takes the pressure of Leicester to not see the gap decrease between us should we say win a game before they play.

Finally as a tv audience, it takes a lot of the drama away when the two sides battling for the title are playing days apart. Much more entertaining if it's the same day or even the same time in my opinion.
Bang on.

Fuck Leicester. I'm not going to let them ruin for me the remarkable achievement that is coming second, should we achieve it.

And I still think there's a chance of us winning it anyway.

We can say they will easily beat Swansea and Everton, it looks that way but you can never predict these things. I thought Sunderland away was the one in which they would slip up, looks a tricky game on paper, but surprises do happen even with teams who should be "on the beach". If Everton or Swansea nick an early goal then the pressure is on Leicester, they've had it all their way in the last ten games, we have yet to see what happens when things start to go wrong for them. If they lose one game, and we win the same weekend, the pressure is then massive.

You sound like a deluded Liverpool victim mong - get a grip on yourself and take the tin-foil hat off. Leicester will be champions irrespective of when we play and there is no Machiavellian conspiracy to stop us from winning games.

Last edited:
Where did I say it was a deliberate conspiracy friend?
You've been posting these kind of comments for some time now, mostly in the Leicester-related threads of how there is a strong media bias ignoring hand-balls and penalties, the fairy-tale nonsense, Italian 90s football, best luck ever, no injuries, etc.

I'm as gutted as everyone we'll most likely miss out to these lot but from an anti-Sky 4 agenda this is also fucking brilliant and overall makes for good viewing.

In addition - any football fan with half a brain cell would see who the real team building for the future are and who are riding on adrenaline and having the 'best luck ever'. I would like to think right now we are the pride of England in terms of our players and what the manager is looking to build long term.

No

They will roll over against Leicester and bust a gut against us

Players like Hazard certainly didn't want their win bonus when they contrived to get their manager the sack as evidenced in the Leicester away game!
An absolute disgrace from a shit stain of a club who, I hope, have another crap season next year.

:dembelefingers:

And how they played shit on purpose (?) to get their manager the sack just goes to show that those cunts are as far from being like the fans, as they can be. They don't hate us like their fans do, and will not care if we or Leicester win the league. They play equally well - or bad - against us and Leicester.

She's not singing quite yet but it's the hope that kills unfortunately and I think those wily foxes will get over the line now. Their past 6 game run is what champions do, they've ground it out and fair play, I think they're 'shit' but the table doesn't lie.

It will come down to the head to heads and we got a late goal at their place only to concede within seconds and, failed to kill them off at the Lane and were done by a smash and grab. All the other draws where we dominated teams do count of course but those head to heads look like deciding it. Just goes to show, every game can end up mattering more than you can ever imagine. We need to start well next season and it could be all the difference.

Meanwhile, the scum can take 12pts from their next 4 games so we MUST keep winning or it will be more painful than ever to be overhauled by them.

Believe people.

I think Barcelona are the best side in the world, that their three strikers is the best forward combination I've ever seen and that Messi is up there with the greatest ever.

They had just put the longest unbeaten stretch in Spanish football together and yet now two defeats in a row in the league after a draw and the league is open again.

If it can happen to Barca it can happen to Leicester.

I,like the poster a few above won't stop dreaming until the mathematics say its a no no.
But, what the heart wants the head is saying will be nigh on impossible now.I have every faith in us, I just cant see Leicester dropping the required points.They are very good working unit

Leicester have a tricky run in, I disagree with the motd hosts assessment that ours is more difficult. Although like Timmy said they HAVE to lose to West Ham for us to have any chance, so come on you Hammers? It's very unlikely but there is a possibility, I still can't believe the team between us and the title is Leicester City..:pochfacepalm:
I think Gabby Logan fucked up there and meant to say "taking into account that Leicester are seven points ahead".

Because yeah, side by side there's no way ours is harder.

Back
Top Bottom