The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it mathematically possible to still win the league at whl?
Leicester lose their next 2 and we win both. Puts us 1 point ahead with 2 to go. If Leicester lost the 3rd game and we beat Southampton we'd be champions.

Getting way ahead of myself I know but it would be so fucking glorious

_89295159_jamie_vardy_ap.jpg

(i don't think he is saying, Ref, you need to squeeze that spot)???
I think he's saying "Harolddddd, where's the horse and cart....."

In my opinion this weekends matches could not have gone much better.

Not only did Leicester drop points but their golden boy got sent off and refs seem to have got wise to their dirty tactics.
This has put doubt in Leicesters heads and instead of coasting along they are now worried.
On top of that they had to watch us destroy Stoke playing some of the best football of the season.

They were so cock sure when 7 points ahead, now it's only 5 and they believe it's all a conspiracy.

The icing on the cake will be Vardy getting one or even two extra games ban.
Instead of walking into Swansea and Man Utd games full of confidence the doubts are definitely there.

Us on the other hand will be going into all the games full of confidence and a belief that we can beat anyone.

Other than Leicester drawing and not losing it could not have gone any better.

_89295159_jamie_vardy_ap.jpg

(i don't think he is saying, Ref, you need to squeeze that spot)???
Come on be honest. Every player in every ground every weekend swears at the linesman and ref, they always surround them having a go and they ALWAYS!! get away with it. Just look at the likes of Rooney. How many times on tv games does the camera have to quickly pan away from a player who is telling the officials to fuck off and the commentator tries to be funny saying ' I think he was voicing his disagreement there'.

I agree it should not be allowed and any player who does it should be carded. I have always said when players surround the ref they should be carded like in Europe but it does appear it is only us who have suffered this 34 games in. Not looking for attention and just simply stating a fact which in your heart of hearts you know is true.

Naturally you are happy Vardy is out - why not as this makes your chances of winning more. So don't talk about winning on football terms when you are relying on us losing key players. That is just as low as some LC fans wanting Kane injured. I don't want any of your players out as I wanted to win it fairly.

You will also insult me like always as a result of my words yet week after week many of you go on our conspiracy and wrong decisions but suddenly we complain about one and we are all scum cunts for voicing our disagreement. That comes across as a bit of self entitlement my friend.

Surely even you can't deny many players insult the officials game after game and get away with it. This is the same ref who game Liverpool 2 crazy and clearly cheating penalties against us last season. That is a fact. You tube it to see if you don't remember.

Surely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.

If I was looking for the 2 easiest opponents at home then Swansea and WBA would be high on that list. They are effectively safe with nothing to play for. Cannot see anything but 2 home wins. The following weekend will be the crucial matches.
My only worry re WBA will be overconfidence. After 2 great results the expectations will be a massive win and if WBA come with the attitude that they do not want a heavy defeat and park the bus which they will, we will need an early goal.

Come on be honest. Every player in every ground every weekend swears at the linesman and ref, they always surround them having a go and they ALWAYS!! get away with it. Just look at the likes of Rooney. How many times on tv games does the camera have to quickly pan away from a player who is telling the officials to fuck off and the commentator tries to be funny saying ' I think he was voicing his disagreement there'.

I agree it should not be allowed and any player who does it should be carded. I have always said when players surround the ref they should be carded like in Europe but it does appear it is only us who have suffered this 34 games in. Not looking for attention and just simply stating a fact which in your heart of hearts you know is true.

Naturally you are happy Vardy is out - why not as this makes your chances of winning more. So don't talk about winning on football terms when you are relying on us losing key players. That is just as low as some LC fans wanting Kane injured. I don't want any of your players out as I wanted to win it fairly.

You will also insult me like always as a result of my words yet week after week many of you go on our conspiracy and wrong decisions but suddenly we complain about one and we are all scum cunts for voicing our disagreement. That comes across as a bit of self entitlement my friend.

Surely even you can't deny many players insult the officials game after game and get away with it. This is the same ref who game Liverpool 2 crazy and clearly cheating penalties against us last season. That is a fact. You tube it to see if you don't remember.

Surely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.

g1336753594387750288.jpg

Saying fucks sake to a ref is totally different to saying you fucking cunt whilst pointing in the refs face.

If you can't see that Vardy deserves a ban for that alone then you are only interested in one side.

It's just occurred to me that if we had beaten Leicester instead of losing to that Huth goal, we'd be top of the league. 6 pointer.

What's my point? Not sure. Just sick of Leicester City. At least the media wank fest has calmed down a bit.

I'm approaching middle age. Last night I couldn't get to sleep. I just kept playing the goals over and over again in my head. My only regret is not having been in the Britannia last night.

You're right in many respects but jabbing your finger in the referees face when you have been done for diving and calling him a fucking cunt shouldn't be tolerated. Not that Rooney, or anyone else should get away with it either, but then I would say Costa has received an additional ban for the exact same thing.

I don't think, should Tottenham win the league, that many will say it was because Vardy got suspended. Leicester fans and no doubt our rivals supporters will but that would be it.

The swearing is a side issue - Costa got an extra game ban for refusing to leave the pitch at Everton after his red......Vardy can just get charged with that

New here, i'll say just this: not only the players have immense quality, but they are a bunch of beautiful bastards too, just look at the sight of Lloris, Walker, Wimmer, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Dier, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Kane and on top of that you've got Pochettino on the bench. Even if you are a woolwich scum wanker bastard, you can't hate these lads. They are all looking so fresh it's really a joy to watch.

Again, without any knowledge of me as a person, you make a lot of assumptions.

All this is true BUT when a player returns towards the ref (after being sent off) using open gestures (finger pointing) and clearly expressing words of coituss twats, the FA have no option other than to act, especially as I said, the whole world is watching. you underestimate how global this has gone.

Not looking for attention and just simply stating a fact which in your heart of hearts you know is true.
No, I feel you are just feeling sorry for yourself. Thats you being a football supporter I guess. Its called emotion?
(A little annoying) because first you are all confidant talking it up(we will win the PL) now not sure (all miserable) digging us out on our forum, questioning our moral standing.

Naturally you are happy Vardy is out -
Yes, but its not our doing-Vardy is to blame NO ONE ELSE.

So don't talk about winning on football terms when you are relying on us losing key players. That is just as low as some LC fans wanting Kane injured. I don't want any of your players out as I wanted to win it fairly.
I (we) are not relying as said. I would never wish injuring on your players. Vardy got himself sent off, I will enjoy every minute. If he had broke a leg I may have felt some sympathy. These things happen in football-he made the wrong call and got himself sent off-tough.

Not me sorry-very wrong there. But again, if Vardy hadn't cheated, he wouldn't have been sent off and wouldn't have got all excited.

urely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.
I don't care what you think....you are now being insulting. Where has the fair play banter gone.
Its now boarding on pathetic?

Last edited:
Saying fucks sake to a ref is totally different to saying you fucking cunt whilst pointing in the refs face.

If you can't see that Vardy deserves a ban for that alone then you are only interested in one side.
I do agree with you - but only if others are treated the same. No one else is sent off for this. Tell me another who has been banned for swearing at the ref? when they all do it. For fucks sake is not correct - many call them cunts and say fuck off etc

Back
Top Bottom