The Selected for TV Coverage Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I was gonna sell ticket due to strikes but thankfully I didn't. Glad they've actually used some kind of common sense this time though I'm not sure it's great for Forest fans on a Sunday eve but fuck 'em 😆
Sunday 6pm is much better for them than monday 8pm. No need to take time off work Monday and Tuesday for one.

I'm really glad they have moved it. No rushing there after work, no worrying about what to do with laptops and work bags, being their in your work clothes, no worrying about getting home and having to drag yourself out of bed the next morning with half a night's sleep.

Now it's sunday, I can make my way there in my own time, perhaps after a nice sunday dinner.

I may be listing one of my tickets in the east upper block 529 in the next day or two.

Should be a good chance of selling it now with all the ST holders who flogged theirs trying to get one. :ange-facepalm: :ange-lol:

I may be listing one of my tickets in the east upper block 529 in the next day or two.

Should be a good chance of selling it now with all the ST holders who flogged theirs trying to get one. :ange-facepalm: :ange-lol:
Listed it. Are there many for sale? I just logged in as a member, but it wouldn’t let me look around - ST holders only at the moment I think.

You're still waiting on the Chelsea and Manchester City rearranged fixtures, how unhelpful is the uncertainty?

Ange:

It's been a real weird season and there hasn't been any real consistency or flow.

Some of that has been self-inflicted because we didn't have long cup runs and we weren't in Europe.

It's always felt like we've had some sort of disruption with weekends off, midweek games at unusual times, uncertainty, so it's just been that kind of season for us.

We know we have 10 games to go, we know what the last game is and we'll have to play the other ones in between and be ready for them.

Last edited:
From the latest Trust newsletter...

Spurs v Nottingham Forest – double date change

We have always been against moving games at short notice for the benefit of broadcasters and remind the Club and the Premier League and broadcasters via the FSA on a regular basis of the significant impact this has on supporters. There is an assumption by some that home supporters are all travelling from local areas but of course this is not true. We travel from all over the country and indeed the world, on a regular basis and incur enormous costs in terms of tickets, transport and accommodation. The longer notice we get of dates, the more chance there is of securing decent rates. That’s why we apply pressure on the Premier League to stick to their agreed timescales for fixture announcement, albeit they have chosen to reduce this from the already inadequate six weeks, to five weeks before each particular match.

This makes the situation around our home match against Nottingham Forest all the more frustrating. The Club was made aware that significant industrial action was planned for 8 April, meaning that five of the six local stations to the stadium would be closed. Not only would this hugely impact supporters getting to and from the stadium, but there would be no way of the Club guaranteeing that sufficient staff would be able to attend, in order for the match to be safely hosted. The Club reported on the situation to the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), chaired by Haringey Council and attended by representatives of the Club, the police, transport companies, emergency services and the Trust. The SAG decided, at an emergency meeting, not to recommend that a safety certificate be granted and the Council formally took that decision. The Premier League were then asked to rearrange the date.

THST were involved in part of the decision-making process. We reluctantly agreed with the Club’s view that it was preferable to move the date rather than play behind closed doors or with a restricted crowd size, which neither the Club nor the Trust thought was appropriate. This would have massively penalised supporters and would be a ‘worst of all worlds’ scenario, simultaneously reducing the home advantage for our team.

We made representations regarding the impact on match going fans and as a result the Club committed to securing a priority window for season ticket holders who had previously shared or sold their ticket through club channels because of the original change to the fixture date. We also reminded the Club of the considerable costs for those travelling from afar and we will lobby for our members, on a case by case basis, who have been especially impacted in this way.

We were not given any indication that the match would be moved to the dreaded 6pm slot on Sunday night and had no opportunity to make representations on that. We know that this is especially difficult for those travelling on Anglian trains where there is a rail replacement service. Ultimately these decisions are made between the Premier League and the broadcasting companies and we continue to lobby for them to put the interests of supporters at the heart of all the decisions they make, however much they seem to ignore that. Football without fans is nothing.

FFS. Does that mean it would have to move again or can PL games now be televised on European nights involving English clubs?

That's just a Champions League issue isn't it?

Which I imagine it's why it isn't booked for Wednesday or so when one of City/Woolwich are likely to be playing in the CL semi finals.

That's just a Champions League issue isn't it?

Which I imagine it's why it isn't booked for Wednesday or so when one of City/Woolwich are likely to be playing in the CL semi finals.
There are no CL fixtures that week. The semi-finals are on the following week.

Back
Top Bottom