The Squad - Who stays/goes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely think Son is one of my favourite recent spurs players but I’ve got serious doubts over him getting his mojo back. His issues go far deeper than lack of finishing, his entire game has been off the entire season
He does well with the national team. But looks shot at Spurs.

Sometimes people just run out of steam. It may be better for both parties to go their separate ways.

gil, kulusevski, richarlison, scarlett, sarr, skipp, bissouma, devine, bentancur, porro, royal, spence, udogie, tanganga, davies, romero, forster, whiteman

7 new players, a new manager, a new director of football, a new chairman

COYS!

Why is there no way to sell 12 players? Is it because we're going to ask ridiculous prices for mediocrity?

It's not realistic.

Club won't want to take such a massive hit on those players because no-one's going to want to offer much for them and a lot of them are on big wages as well.

We currently have Reguilon, Spence, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks, Rodon, Gil out on loan.

You'd imagine the club will only keep Gil and Spence out of those so that's 5 you need to try and get rid of first and foremost.

Out of the current side still at the club:

Sanchez, Dier, Lloris, Perisic, Hojbjerg, Lucas Either Tanganga or Sessegnon survives as their homegrown and Lenglet can go back to Barca but I can see the club doing a deal if he's cheap

There's no way we are going to be able to sell 12 players so some of these fuckers are going to stay
I agree with you on the 5 from the loan group. I don't see Levy accepting a rebuild, there's too much money in Champions League so he will keep trying for that. That will save Dier, who they appear to like and there is no market for. I think Lloris definitely goes, Lucas has already decided to leave, and I think there's enough market for Hojbierg that he will land somewhere. Perisic is aging with a bad contract, he's not going anywhere. I think they keep one of either Sanchez or Lenglet and one of either Tanganga or Sessegnon. That would put you at nine and seems realistic. Son stays unless he decides himself he wants to go.

Its time to let Kane go. He deserves to go somewhere that can win something. Sell him to Bayern or Madrid if they get Poch.

Sell: Kane, Son, Dier, Hugo, Dav, Perisic, Sess, PEH, Tanganga, Davies, Forster, Winks, Gio, Rodon, Lucas (out of contract), Ndombele, Lenglet, Danjuma.
Keep: Skipp, Bentancur, Royal, Kulu, Bissouma, Spence, Sarr, Udogie, Richarlison, Romero, Porro, Gil, Regi, Austin, White, Whiteman, Davies

Last edited:
This will not be popular, but I would actually move on all three of Son, Kane and Lloris.

All great servants of the club. But when we talk about comfortable players we have to talk about these 3 just as much as we do the scapegoats.
I think that's inarguably true and they're also the leaders. You can't really say you're rebuilding or turning over the squad if Lloris is still your undroppable captain week in week out.

Selling both of Kane and Son just puts you at a massive goals deficit though. You'd better be damn sure about your replacement strategy if you're going to do that.

Lloris should go, Kane must be sold if he wants to go, I don't think you're wrong about Sonny but giving him a new opportunity in a new dynamic seems like it's probably the smarter play, IMO.

Why is there no way to sell 12 players? Is it because we're going to ask ridiculous prices for mediocrity?
Because Europe is broke, the EPL pays the highest salaries, contracts are bilaterally binding, there isn’t a World Cup for 4 years and employees generally aren’t inclined to take major pay cuts during their peak earning years.
This isn’t fucking hard. Just go back and watch the Sunderland documentary as it relates to Jack Rodwell for a clue.

Because Europe is broke, the EPL pays the highest salaries, contracts are bilaterally binding, there isn’t a World Cup for 4 years and employees generally aren’t inclined to take major pay cuts during their peak earning years.
This isn’t fucking hard. Just go back and watch the Sunderland documentary as it relates to Jack Rodwell for a clue.
You can sell them at cut deals, while paying a part of the salary. And who's to say that they can't go to another Premier League side? West Ham, Everton, Villa etc. would take Dier in no time (as an example).

First team debilitate football terrorists are Højbjerg, Persic, Lloris, Sanchez, Dier, Lucas, Sess and Son. Can’t be trusted whatsoever

Clearly there are others like Winks, Rodon etc but we need to shifting at least 6 out of those first 8

Lol imagine if Levy and the shit board can sell any of those players. These players will never accept deals anywhere else they are overpaid and in a super cozy facility.

These guys dont give a rats ass about the club or the fans.

Last edited:
this season 2022/23 transfer activity

sold (3)
Bergwijn, Carter-Vickers, Clarke

released (1)
Doherty

loaned (11)
Parrott, Scarlett, Gil, Lo Celso, NDombele, Winks, White, Reguilon, Udogie, Spence, Rodon

Sent back (1)
Gollini

Back
Top Bottom