Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

dTcAHZc.jpg
There are a lot of very angry people on here who claim to be super happy.
Its unnerving!

6 Conclusions;

1, Even though Kane was a little ring rusty, look at the difference he makes to the way we move forward and the options we inevitably have up front. I would rather rely on a world class forward, than not have a world class forward to rely on! Do Barca rely on \Messi? Did real rely on peak Ronaldo? Well Kane is our equivelant...and long may that continue! :)

2, This result doesn't answer all of the questions or concerns, but it does answer a few....like how much we are affected when we miss a few key players...and how much better we play when when have some of them back in the team...it's not rocket science.

3, Jose is not perfect, but he knows how to win things and he deserves our respect...if for no other reason, he should be respected because he is our manager, period. I for one can see that he still needs to finish the job he started, meaning we still need some players brought in who will execute his instructions perfectly and we still need to adapt to his methods (which I have no real problem with btw)...right now, he (and we) are making do with what we have, so there will be 'bumps in the road'.

4, This season isn't over by a long shot, except the title obvs, so let's get behind the team and accept that we'll suffer sometimes...generally, I'm still happy to have Jose as our manager and I won't even consider sacking him until he has proven himself a failure at our club....and that simply hasn't happened yet! Today showed that the players are behind him (never in doubt) and having good/great players on the pitch makes a huge difference...to ANY team.

5, To all the snowflakes out there, you are entitled to your opinions of course...this is what forums are for after all, but I also have a right to an opinion...and my opinion is that you all SUCK and that it's our duty as fans to support the club through thick and thin...and not to call for the manager's head every time we lose a game! (you should feel ashamed of yourselves)

6, We are SPURS and we should never abandon any part of our club...never! Especially when we're going through a bad run....if all it takes is a few bad results to throw you over the edge and start calling for the managers head, then you need to look yourselves long and hard...do you support the club? Do you support the manager? Or is is just a few players you like/hate? I support the club, from top to bottom....not blindly of course, I have some reservations like most fans, but my in-built support of this great club never wavers....NEVER!

COYS!
So are you going to be our next manager then.

Great speech.

There are people on here revelling in a "I told you so" wank fest after beating a side almost relegated in February. It is very strange.
Good win and some nice play. We see what we are made of over the next two weeks.

Let's be real for 70 minutes we were good. Not amazing just good. Much better intensity and much better in possession. Yes our goals came from Son/Kane but Moura/Lamela played their part too.

Dont know why we dropped off after that but I'm not going to get overly excited it was the right idea but West Brom are one of the worst teams in the league and they had very little threat going the other way.

We will be very defensive against City , Ok. Against Everton it will be more interesting to see how we play. That's the sort of opponent where we need to show we can play better football against.

In no ways convinced yet.
Beat Everton & lose to city would still be a decent return. I am still not convinced by Everton. I think they are a bit soft but with a few talented individuals who can score out of nothing really. So I hope we take the game to them.

Last edited:
There are people on here revelling in a "I told you so" wank fest after beating a side almost relegated in February. It is very strange.
Good win and some nice play. We see what we are made of over the next two weeks.
Or maybe those people have been telling the bed wetters crying for a sack that they need to pipe down a bit?

Back
Top Bottom