Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you for your sarcastic, poorly researched, anti tim contribution to this thread.

If you'd like to point out why you feel that my point is incorrect, or poorly researched, I'd be happy to discuss it.
My original point was not anti-tim, it was more weighted towards the possible choice available this summer and considering the option of bringing in a world class manager with a higher reputation than any manager we've had before in recent years.

Not sure if this has been said already but.. The amount of times I hear how much of a stroke of genius it was for Sherwood to bring Adebayor in from the cold is really frustrating me.. Villas-Boas froze out Adebayor, Sherwood froze out Lamela, what will be the biggest mistake in the long run ?

Not sure if this has been said already but.. The amount of times I hear how much of a stroke of genius it was for Sherwood to bring Adebayor in from the cold is really frustrating me.. Villas-Boas froze out Adebayor, Sherwood froze out Lamela, what will be the biggest mistake in the long run ?
Lamela's injured. AVB didn't play him even when he was fit.

2.2 points per game. 67% win percentage. Time to pull this bad boy out again

EkBunj1.png

Freezing out Adebayor, and for the reasons AVB did, was a big mistake. Adebayor has ability and talent to be used, as his form is showing. But that does not make Sherwood some sort of managerial expert, so I fully agree. I think anyone coming in would've given Adebayor another go. Otherwise I don't think Sherwood is any any way displaying an ability to get the best out of his players to suggest that he is doing a better job than AVB. If anything he should be bloody grateful to Ade, who has very much help cover up the deficiencies in Sherwood's game. He's failed to get Soldado scoring. Failed to properly link up the midfield. Failed to get any use out of our record signing. Failed to make effective use of Chadli and Capoue and generally failed to structure a cohesive defense (which even AVB managed). So really I am not seeing the massive improvement from the form cost AVB his job. In fact, without Adebayor scoring, his results would be essentially the same as AVB's, if not worse.

If Adebayor were to get injured in training this week it'd be interesting to see what the results of the next five games would be compared to AVB's last five.

Freezing out Adebayor, and for the reasons AVB did, was a big mistake. Adebayor has ability and talent to be used, as his form is showing. But that does not make Sherwood some sort of managerial expert, so I fully agree. I think anyone coming in would've given Adebayor another go. Otherwise I don't think Sherwood is any any way displaying an ability to get the best out of his players to suggest that he is doing a better job than AVB. If anything he should be bloody grateful to Ade, who has very much help cover up the deficiencies in Sherwood's game. He's failed to get Soldado scoring. Failed to properly link up the midfield. Failed to get any use out of our record signing. Failed to make effective use of Chadli and Capoue and generally failed to structure a cohesive defense (which even AVB managed). So really I am not seeing the massive improvement from the form cost AVB his job. In fact, without Adebayor scoring, his results would be essentially the same as AVB's, if not worse.

If Adebayor were to get injured in training this week it'd be interesting to see what the results of the next five games would be compared to AVB's last five.

I get what you're saying... But if Adebayor can score goals, AVB refuses to play him despite us being unable to buy a goal, and Sherwood plays him... Then Sherwood is doing one thing better than AVB already.

The underlying point that the team isn't set up effectively and has to rely on Ade's current form is what I agree with though. Same as when we relied on Bale

I get what you're saying... But if Adebayor can score goals, AVB refuses to play him despite us being unable to buy a goal, and Sherwood plays him... Then Sherwood is doing one thing better than AVB already.
I agree. But one thing better is not necessarily enough to get us where Levy wants us to be, or enough to get potential out of the squad at his disposal. I think that's really what it boils down to. I think a more experienced manager might be getting more out of this squad.

1) "He's failed to get Soldado scoring" - there's only so much he can do to get him scoring, it's down to Soldado to put away the piss easy chances he's had and he's been shit at it.

2) "Failed to get any use out of our record signing" - the record signing who's been injured since beginning of Jan?!

3)"Failed to make effective use of Chadli and Capoue" - 2 bog standard players, don't see what the fuss about either of them is.

A good win today even if we didn't play well yet all you can do is pick out our manager's apparent faults. embarrassing.

Couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.

no matter who is in charge there's always the people that are constantly sniping and picking holes in them. Wish we'd all just get behind a manager, no matter what you think of them personally. Again, saying our manager is a 'weasel' really doesn't help things and things are still going pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom