Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good win for Sherwood. He has us attacking like feck which is great to see, not sure about his central midfield selections but we won today and looked good in doing so. Maybe he could be the man to get us back in our groove and enjoying our football again.
Against a better side I think we could have been spanked today, but the midfield worked hard. I credit him for going out there and trying to win the fans over with a positive team selection - but I feel that he needs to be careful in the future as Southampton were very poor and yet they still scored two

Against a better side I think we could have been spanked today, but the midfield worked hard today. I credit him for going out there and trying to win the fans over with a positive team selection - but I feel that he needs to be careful in the future as Southampton were very poor and yet they still scored two
Agreed. All Sherwood has really been able to show is that AVB's rigid style of play was restricting the talents of much of the squad. He's allowed them to be be free. However, he seems to be implementing the Redknapp philosophy, save that Sherwood's lack of experience is painfully obvious. He's not the man to take is forward, but I do think he has been able to show that we need a manager who can be relaxed and flexible with the side.

Against a better side I think we could have been spanked today, but the midfield worked hard today. I credit him for going out there and trying to win the fans over with a positive team selection - but I feel that he needs to be careful in the future as Southampton were very poor and yet they still scored two

Yeah agreed, but against a better team you'd hope he'd try to tighten things up abit in the center of the park. Against 2 thirds of the teams in the league though we should beable to go out there with the we'll score more than you mantra such is our wealth of attacking talent.

Agreed. All Sherwood has really been able to show is that AVB's rigid style of play was restricting the talents of much of the squad. He's allowed them to be be free. However, he seems to be implementing the Redknapp philosophy, save that Sherwood's lack of experience is painfully obvious. He's not the man to take is forward, but I do think he has been able to show that we need a manager who can be relaxed and flexible with the side.

I said previously, I think we need a mix of Harry and AVB. Someone good at motivating and giving an amount of freedom to players while having a base plan to work from, preparing the team thoroughly etc.

I said previously, I think we need a mix of Harry and AVB. Someone good at motivating and giving an amount of freedom to players while having a base plan to work from, preparing the team thoroughly etc.

so we need the mythical perfect manager lol

Guardiola????

:ossie:

so we need the mythical perfect manager lol

Guardiola????

:ossie:
Other clubs seem to find a manager with a nice balance of each, I dont see it as mythical or perfect.

We just seem to have found in our last two managers the ultimate "set system/tactical" type and the ultimate "Man motivator and chancer"

Ballsy, but I like the look of Sherwood. He clearly has a plan and a vision.
Only thing I didn't like much was a lack of a DM. If he continues and continues at times with a 442, it will be very interesting to see who he picks for the CM positions with Sandro, Capoue, Paulo, Dembele, and Eriksen available.

Chance would be a fine thing we will end up with Hoddle after his little pre match "ill do whatever you want Daniel" pitch.

That, or a Head Coach-Assistant team that covers both bases with the Head Coach stronger in the motivator/man-manager role.

Ballsy, but I like the look of Sherwood. He clearly has a plan and a vision.
Only thing I didn't like much was a lack of a DM. If he continues and continues at times with a 442, it will be very interesting to see who he picks for the CM positions with Sandro, Capoue, Paulo, Dembele, and Eriksen available.
I think sandro/capoue AND Eriksen/dembele I'd the perfect scenario. Also think he could put Eriksen on the left where siggy was playing. Just not sure where The boy Holtby fits into Tims plans and he is one heck of a future player for our club.

When asked about the formation he had chose, Sherwood added: "It's my way. It's the way I like to set teams out. There are no rules. There are different ways to win football matches. You do what you believe and that's the way I think you should win football."

Liking the man more and more, this comment was very respectful and seems to contradict some of what's being said.
"Whoever takes this job is in a great position. Andre has left the club in a great place. Can't knock what he's done at the club."

Liking the man more and more, this comment was very respectful and seems to contradict some of what's being said.
"Whoever takes this job is in a great position. Andre has left the club in a great place. Can't knock what he's done at the club."
Well he's not going to come out on television and say "Andre was a cunt, I'm so happy to see the back of him" now is he?

Back
Top Bottom