Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...and yet, when Hoddle said 'WE' during his Live job application on Sky a fortnight ago, he sounded desperate!!

sometimes, y'just can't win! :bmj::harrysmile::avbcringe:

from the OS:

We travel to Old Trafford for a 5.30pm kick-off with seven points out of a possible nine from our Festive fixtures.

That included a 3-2 win at Southampton on our last away day and having scored another three goals in toppling Stoke on Sunday, Head Coach Tim is approaching what is always one of the highlights of the calendar in a positive frame of mind.

β€œWe’ll have attacking threats on the field and we’ll go there and try to impose ourselves on Manchester United,” stated Tim.

β€œObviously we’ll change somewhat, but we won’t go there in our shell.

β€œWe won there last season, so we have that experience. I’ll watch that back - okay, it’s two different line-ups now - but we have to be positive.”

Our meeting coincides with United’s best spell of form of the season - they’ve won four on the trot in the Premier League - and we have identical records on 34 points.

β€œThey are on a good run at the moment, credit to David Moyes and his staff, they are going like a train now, but we’re going to try and stand in their way,” added Tim.

:sherwoodwtf:

Yeah that just means a more defensive midfield probably and the wingers having more defensive work

By the way just saw a stat this morning we are unbeaten this calendar year is that right?

Guise I think he is slowly winning me over
It's still too early to tell, and even if he does do the business it doesn't mean that Levy didn't sack AVB without a plan and it also doesn't mean that his appointment was not a huge and somewhat irrational risk to take.

I don't think there is any "winning over" to be done because we simply have no clue how capable he is because he has no experience. It's perfectly reasonable to have concerns about the abilities of such a person. Even if he does have a good half season, it doesn't mean he can sustain it long term, whether with us or other clubs. For that reason I still think Levy will give him the chop in the summer (unless he wins a trophy).

But, while he brings in wins I'm happy to support him despite my reservations. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom