Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we are shite! we need new defenders x4.dawson is and always will be to slow,M.B is overated never tackles.we will finish tenth this season.a 100mil spent on crap. we are a joke.

Dawson was not offside. No where near.

Adebayor was offside, and obstrcted the linesmans view of the defender playing Dawson on, it was a compromised decision and one made incorrectly.
maybe i think i know the rules and i actually don't, but if an offside player is actively involved in the play, don't you have to raise the flag? adebayor was definitely in an offside position and he was definitely involved in the play by trying to hit the ball with his head. so what's there to complain about here?

maybe i think i know the rules and i actually don't, but if an offside player is actively involved in the play, don't you have to raise the flag? adebayor was definitely in an offside position and he was definitely involved in the play by trying to hit the ball with his head. so what's there to complain about here?

That element of the rule is open to the refs interpretation/discretion. Hence its far from absolute.
The ref didnt give the decision, it was the linesman. The linesman confirmed he flagged Dawson as offside, not that he called Adebayor offside.

Dawson was not offside, not even close. Flagging Dawson was a mistake.

Had he flagged Adebayor it would have been less contentious, though still a close call for me. Its rare to see an offside in those circumstances unless the player is literally all over the keeper.

Had he flagged Adebayor it would have been less contentious, though still a close call for me. Its rare to see an offside in those circumstances unless the player is literally all over the keeper.

Gouffran wasn't and it got ruled out...against City as well.

The commentary made mention of that as well.

The decision he made - Dawson was offside - was without doubt incorrect.
The result he gave, IE - goal chalked off for offside - was conceivably correct. Though I maintain its still an arguable decision, its extremely rare to be given in that instance unless the offside player is swinging from the keepers arms...

we are shite! we need new defenders x4.dawson is and always will be to slow,M.B is overated never tackles.we will finish tenth this season.a 100mil spent on crap. we are a joke.
Wouldn't go that far but for £100 million we could have done better. Until we play Verts, chirches and Sandro as our defensive 3 I will never be confident of our defense against top teams, Verts and Sandro are supposed to be ready to come back.

I reckon we will be 6th this season, Man United will come back strong with Rooney, VP now fit and Mata coming strong, Liverpool with SAS will most likely finish 4th but I think Everton will be below us. We need to get the deadwood out of this team in the summer.

What I find really sad is that our own fans are arguing in favour of one of our goals being disallowed. Not because it was right to be chalked off, but simply to score points in an argument about AVB vs Sherwood.

Pathetic.

In yesterday's interview, he alluded to Man City being "the best team in the world" and tipped them to win the title this year. Is there something he knows that we don't?
:troll:

The rules are quite clear - a player becomes 'active' when he shows intent to play the ball - Ade tried to header the ball - clear intent = clear offside

Of course the decusion is against us so automicatlly means a grand conspiracy tried to screw us

Back
Top Bottom