Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't see why we can't if we have the cash, we got Verts, Lloris and Lamela and they all were very highly rated prior to joining and if we get Van Gael they will probably want to come.
I wouldn't hold out much hope on us getting either player, especially Costa without Champions League.

Yeah I agree with this. Did not want Sherwood, still do not want him. Stupid replacing inexperience with inexperience.

I'm all for whinging on forums etc, just as you said. Full support at the games. (Wish the rest of our fans would preach this).

Sherwood is a caretaker nothing more, AVB got the boot for being crap and we had no other alternative, you might argue it was better to keep AVB till the end of the season then kick him out but the situation was dire at that point, if we keep Sherwood then after the summer then it might be a problem.

Bony looks great, the new Benteke choice, would love to see how we can ruin his career

Bony would be my first target, he is also enough under the Chavs, the scum and the oil barrons radar for us to be the top club interested in him.

All down to levy. Harry should never have gone. We would be in far better postion if that hadn't happened. That said Dembele not a right midfielder. Team not playing for him yesterday. Me thinks Van Gaal rumour is a cert and players and Sherwood know it. More doom and gloom with yet another foreign coach 2 come. Bring Harry back!

Don't see why we can't if we have the cash, we got Verts, Lloris and Lamela and they all were very highly rated prior to joining and if we get Van Gael they will probably want to come.

I think we should thank our lucky star if we manage to keep Verts, Lloris and Paulinho... Never mind trying to add the likes of Diego Costa or "even" Marco Reus...

All down to levy. Harry should never have gone. We would be in far better postion if that hadn't happened. That said Dembele not a right midfielder. Team not playing for him yesterday. Me thinks Van Gaal rumour is a cert and players and Sherwood know it. More doom and gloom with yet another foreign coach 2 come. Bring Harry back!

This is just my opinion, but if I was a player and I knew Sherwood was getting the boot and Van Gaal was coming in - I'd be far from "doom and gloom" - though I guess its fair to assume that the motivation for the end of this season might be affected..

This is just my opinion, but if I was a player and I knew Sherwood was getting the boot and Van Gaal was coming in - I'd be far from "doom and gloom" - though I guess its fair to assume that the motivation for the end of this season might be affected..
You would like to think, professional pride and the chance of playing CL football next year would be enough to motivate a player? Unless, behind the scenes, some of them already know they will be playing CL football regardless!!

Really havent been impressed to be honest, given a choice of the two Id go for Benteke every time.

He doesnt score "vital" goals thats for sure, I do like him though, I think he can be a genuine nuisance and Benteke yes still would be my first choice, he certainly was my only choice in the summer.

I think for once we should do something I think Harry was pretty good at and bag someone performing just below their par potential, like if Lukaku goes a little missing or Benteke now, but I feel both will be right in that shop window in Brazil sadly

I think we should thank our lucky star if we manage to keep Verts, Lloris and Paulinho... Never mind trying to add the likes of Diego Costa or "even" Marco Reus...

Agreed, but its the forward area we need to improve and we will still struggle getting in the top 4 next season if we don't up our firepower. We will also lose Verts and Lloris the following season if there is no sign of improvement.

Really havent been impressed to be honest, given a choice of the two Id go for Benteke every time.

I would recommend you watch Bony some more, gonna be a star without a doubt and still under the radar a little so we have a good chance of getting him, I rate his talent above that of Benteke and Remy and I like both of those players.

I think we lack subtlety! Eriksen for me was getting the closest to it, but Timothy in his wisdom has chose only to start him just once in the last 4-5? games! We have enough "box-to-box" Mf's to select from and they would, along with Ade, (who for me is dropping deeper and deeper) and Soldado benefit from such a player or at least Eriksen being given the regular opportunity to become that player. Dare I say, even our own Tom Carrol! We have the energy. We have (potentially) the goal scoring ability. We just (imo) need, that subtle creativity!

COYS!!

I think we lack subtlety! Eriksen for me was getting the closest to it, but Timothy in his wisdom has chose only to start him just once in the last 4-5? games! We have enough "box-to-box" Mf's to select from and they would, along with Ade, (who for me is dropping deeper and deeper) and Soldado benefit from such a player or at least Eriksen being given the regular opportunity to become that player. Dare I say, even our own Tom Carrol! We have the energy. We have (potentially) the goal scoring ability. We just (imo) need, that subtle creativity!

COYS!!

I like the current Liverpool system, they have an out and out striker (Sturridge), a number 10 (Suarez), a pacey winger (Sterling) and a creative passer (Courtino).

I suppose our only equivalant is Ade, Paulinho, Towsend/Lennon and Eriksen, not sure if this is the same quality?

I would recommend you watch Bony some more, gonna be a star without a doubt and still under the radar a little so we have a good chance of getting him, I rate his talent above that of Benteke and Remy and I like both of those players.

Ive seen a bit of him this season, nothing before. Always looks slow and clumsy to me. Doesnt make things happen, but will get on the end of stuff if you put it on a plate.

Someone like Benteke seems much more skillful, mobile and involved

I like the current Liverpool system, they have an out and out striker (Sturridge), a number 10 (Suarez), a pacey winger (Sterling) and a creative passer (Courtino).

I suppose our only equivalant is Ade, Paulinho, Towsend/Lennon and Eriksen, not sure if this is the same quality?
I am a massive Tom Carroll fan and I,d like te see him back and he and Eriksen being given the chance to become that/those player. Paulie, Bentaleb and Dembele for me are as good as most box-to-box players, beyond City and Chelsea. And again, I think we have 2 of the best DM in Sandro and Capoue in the league. Ade, if he maintains his appetite can be un-playable and of course the frustration that is Bobbie Solider. Maybe a pre-season and our love and faith will see him/us prosper next season? All we need (imo) is another C/B and L/B and one more front man plus,
and this is the big plus, The Right Man to take this talented squad of players and turn them into a Team. Coz it ai'nt Timbo!

COYS!!

I am a massive Tom Carroll fan and I,d like te see him back and he and Eriksen being given the chance to become that/those player. Paulie, Bentaleb and Dembele for me are as good as most box-to-box players, beyond City and Chelsea. And again, I think we have 2 of the best DM in Sandro and Capoue in the league. Ade, if he maintains his appetite can be un-playable and of course the frustration that is Bobbie Solider. Maybe a pre-season and our love and faith will see him/us prosper next season? All we need (imo) is another C/B and L/B and one more front man plus,
and this is the big plus, The Right Man to take this talented squad of players and turn them into a Team. Coz it ai'nt Timbo!

COYS!!

IMO you can't play Eriksen and a Carroll. Way too soft off the ball, and our problems like scoring from corners/set pieces will continue to be a joke.

Plus the last time I saw them play together, they had a bit of a bust up and Carroll was NOT happy.

837272847.gif

Back
Top Bottom