Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloody hell, pretty terrible behaviour for any manager - even Pardew!

Im convinced he is cracking under the strain.
I think he had that new manager bounce and certainly rode his luck for results and thought "This is easy!"
And since reality is biting him in the ass and he is cracking more and more

Last edited:
Outplayed and lost. That's why they are title contenders and we're not.

Maybe but I was very surprised that Woolwich after 5 mins played like Stoke the whole game with what seemed like everyman behind the ball, not sayings its not good tactics if you want to win the game but puts paid to the idea about Woolwich and pretty football, our performance was good better than the scum but our finishing was woeful.

'Singing from the heart', 'work on impulse' and 'shoot from the hip'

Appreciate the passion Tim, but seriously, who wants their manager to say this kind of shit? Just makes him sound like an idiot and an amatuer, which he is.
Never has a great manager carried these kind of traits. Just exactly the kind of thing you do not want a manager to do imo.

His cliches are tiresome - they don't mean anything, it's just football business speak.

"I've learned more in this last week as a manager than I did when we were going through the easy period when we were winning games," he said.

Ha ha, no shit - how could he possibly learn anything from games like Southampton and Palace where we won without deserving to? Or Stoke, Swansea or Newcastle where the opposition just gave us the game?

Ha ha, no shit - how could he possibly learn anything from games like Southampton and Palace where we won without deserving to? Or Stoke, Swansea or Newcastle where the opposition just gave us the game?

As it happens I think if he was critical he could have learned a lot.
I was critical because I didnt like what I saw, and I suggested in time results would match performances (as they currently are) and was roundly told where to go. Point is though, if some nobody like me can see the problems in the set up and forthcoming a professional has no excuse

As it happens I think if he was critical he could have learned a lot.
I was critical because I didnt like what I saw, and I suggested in time results would match performances (as they currently are) and was roundly told where to go. Point is though, if some nobody like me can see the problems in the set up and forthcoming a professional has no excuse

He started off with the following mindset:

- tactics are unnecessary
- you just need to have good players and set them out in the right frame of mind
- teams should always "go out and have a go"
- holding midfielders don't have a role in football

I can't see how he ever had a chance of being successful?!

I do notice though that he seems have abandoned every one of his initial thoughts.......

His cliches are tiresome - they don't mean anything, it's just football business speak.
Your hero AVB was king of the business speak.

In fact, talking of AVB, have anyone noticed that Sherwood is quickly morphing into AVB mk.2? Think of it:-

- Playing a high line constantly. Check.
- Playing a lone striker. Check.
- Playing slow, turgid football (yesterday aside). Check.
- Sticking to ideas even if they don't work (in this case team formation and selection). Check.
- Looking bemused when it all doesn't go according to plan. Check.
- Looking for people to blame other than himself when results are shit. Check.
- Not knowing when to make substitutions. Check.
- Potentially alienating certain parts of the squad. Check.
- Unable to beat the teams above us in the league. Check.

The only really difference is that Sherwood seems to have been able to get something out of Adebayor, which carried him for a few games. Otherwise, those who wanted AVB to stay on have pretty much had their wish granted. That's the biggest irony of all the AVB vs Sherwood teeth grinding.

Your hero AVB was king of the business speak.

In fact, talking of AVB, have anyone noticed that Sherwood is quickly morphing into AVB mk.2? Think of it:-

- Playing a high line constantly. Check.
- Playing a lone striker. Check.
- Playing slow, turgid football (yesterday aside). Check.
- Sticking to ideas even if they don't work (in this case team formation and selection). Check.
- Looking bemused when it all doesn't go according to plan. Check.
- Looking for people to blame other than himself when results are shit. Check.
- Not knowing when to make substitutions. Check.
- Potentially alienating certain parts of the squad. Check.
- Unable to beat the teams above us in the league. Check.

The only really difference is that Sherwood seems to have been able to get something out of Adebayor, which carried him for a few games. Otherwise, those who wanted AVB to stay on have pretty much had their wish granted. That's the biggest irony of all the AVB vs Sherwood teeth grinding.

The other big difference is the lack of defensive stability and shape. (worth noting that Adebayor has also run out of steam now)

But otherwise, yes I agree with you.

The other big difference is the lack of defensive stability and shape.

rofl.gif

The AVB comparisons are bang on. Which begs the question, shouldn't we just have left it until the end of the season?
I'm not saying Andre shouldn't have gone and I think he was pretty much done, but at least he and a bit more experience under his belt than Tim. Better the devil and all that....

In 1.5 seasons Avb's spurs beat man city at home. Beat United away (before they were shit) and drew twice at home, beat Woolwich at home, drew with Chelsea away and at home. Beat Liverpool at home and was two completely unaccountable for brain farts from a famous victory at anfield.

I think that's a decent enough record for any spurs manager against the top sides.

In 1.5 seasons Avb's spurs beat man city at home. Beat United away (before they were shit) and drew twice at home, beat Woolwich at home, drew with Chelsea away and at home. Beat Liverpool at home and was two completely unaccountable for brain farts from a famous victory at anfield.

I think that's a decent enough record for any spurs manager against the top sides.
I'd say almost as good as Arry's bar the 3:2 at the Deathstar

All appointing Tim did is possibly buy us the mini revival which you always get just after a manger is sacked and the players stop acting like spoiled kids for a few weeks.
I would argue whether results would have been any different...sure we would have all died of boredom and impatience with AVB's style but it could have been left to play out.

Back
Top Bottom