Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, however right it is Sherwood should go, I still feel for him.

He was onto a loser from day 1, we all knew, but to see him limping on like he is is still quite sad.

Its pretty disrespectful if the club have been briefing the players against Sherwood staying (as well as stupid)

I'd guess that agents have been asking Levy if Tim will be there next season, because they want to start looking for new clubs if he will be. Presumably Levy has said Tim will be gone, and the agents have all reported back to the players.

I guess I must be the only one left on here then that has a worrying feeling that it`s all bollocks and Sherwood is actually staying. ( I was once diagnosed with mild schizophrenic paranoia, but I have been OK for a few years now)
I can assure you that you are not the only one. Can see it all now, no announcement for months and then all of a sudden we sign a player or two and this place goes into meltdown over whether this means Sherwood is staying

I can assure you that you are not the only one. Can see it all now, no announcement for months and then all of a sudden we sign a player or two and this place goes into meltdown over whether this means Sherwood is staying
Well me and my partners membership money is due to be taken next Thursday. If He`s still here Wednesday I`m fucking cancelling the DD. I`ve thought long and hard but I cannot bring my self to put any more money into this club if they refuse to show any signs of ambition. And Sherwood to me represents the complete opposite of a forward thinking club. If he`s sacked afterwards, I`ll just renew as a new member.

Well me and my partners membership money is due to be taken next Thursday. If He`s still here Wednesday I`m fucking cancelling the DD. I`ve thought long and hard but I cannot bring my self to put any more money into this club if they refuse to show any signs of ambition. And Sherwood to me represents the complete opposite of a forward thinking club. If he`s sacked afterwards, I`ll just renew as a new member.
Bit childish really.

Have exactly zero sympathy for Sherwood, his behaviour has been entirely unprofessional for his whole time in charge.

Also not at all surprised that players and agents have been briefed about the future of the club, the season is all but over, why not? I'd actually be surprised if our Timmeh is as 'in the dark' as he'd have you believe.

The big difference here is that he has cunted off the players in the most public fashion on so many occasions that the respect for him as manager seems to be gone completely. Its not even like he has earned that right by bringing a great tactical ability ala Mourinho.

Let's also not forget that a lot of the talk about how unreasonable the club and the players have been towards TS has come from the man himself. Apart from a couple of tweets from Sandro about not being selected, this whole thing has been relayed to the public by the man who is now complaining about other people running their mouths.

Sorry. No sympathy. Close the door behind you Tim.

Great post buddy.

Entirely agree. I really want him to be removed from the club not because of tactical ineptitude or crap training or any other footballing reasons (of which there are enough on their own) but because I think he is a poisonous self-serving influence who will cause irreparable damage as long as he's in charge.

BnOYGhSIIAMm6GO.jpg

#saqme

All negative posts regarding AVB shall be strucketh from the records.

Not quite.

Unsurprisingly, a pro-sherwood'er was trying to turn attention to the guy he replaced in order to change the topic. No one cares what the players think about the ex manager now, people care what they think about the man who is in charge. Reason?

Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen et al are not going to say "I'm leaving this summer because I didn't like AVB", they will be more likely to say "I'm going, because that sherwood turnip is ruining my playing career"

Has it been mentioned that at the Spurs show thing the other night mabbutt was telling the audience how Eriksen did not like the previous manager....
Didn't know about that. Thanks. Listening to it now (I don't usually listen to the show as I find them quite negative in their regular episodes). The crowd was shit though. Couldn't shut up - mind you, I guess it shows how much frustration there is out there.

Football's turning into that bullshit pseudo sport "professional wrestling." Manufactured soap operas, media driven pantomime villainy and more talking than playing. TS plays into this perfectly.

As a kind-of related aside, that's why I hate this bollocks about 4 th place. "Champions League" should be for champions and that's what we should aim to be. It's just to boost TV revenue and create some dramatic narrative for the mid-table teams.

Anyone else notice the number of management sackings that happen the week before that team is scheduled in a live Sky match?

We're being played for mugs.

Booooo!!! I hate Tim Sherwood!

I think Tim has been treated over fair!
A supply teacher actually has the right qualifications for the job
Unlike dear Tim who does not even have the right coaching badges to manage in the Premier League.

Personally I think its almost irrelevant peoples opinions on Tim, he's been asked to do a job, which he has done, well or not. Some players have obviously treated him like shit and thats our problem, and the problem for a lot of clubs - players who think they know best or are bigger than the club they play for - its no coincidence Tim has mentioned some of them think they are doing Spurs a favour by playing for us and thats completely unacceptable, if a player has that attitude, or a poor attitude toward the manager in charge you have got no chance - just look at Moyes - the players done him no favours there.

Until we install a management/coaching team that the players actually respect, or players that respect the manager we have, we aren't going to move forwards.

Personally I think its almost irrelevant peoples opinions on Tim, he's been asked to do a job, which he has done, well or not. Some players have obviously treated him like shit and thats our problem, and the problem for a lot of clubs - players who think they know best or are bigger than the club they play for - its no coincidence Tim has mentioned some of them think they are doing Spurs a favour by playing for us and thats completely unacceptable, if a player has that attitude, or a poor attitude toward the manager in charge you have got no chance - just look at Moyes - the players done him no favours there.

Until we install a management/coaching team that the players actually respect, or players that respect the manager we have, we aren't going to move forwards.
Your last comment is very true, but just because a player acts out inappropriately it doesn't mean that the manager is not the reason for the unrest and/or is not contributing to it.

I think that lots of people assume that players are all overpaid divas these days. While that is no doubt the case in a good few cases, it doesn't mean that all players are like that and aren't the sort of people who give a manager a chance. At the end of the day different people have different personalities. But the manager's job is to promote unit or, at the very least, the respect you mention. If the bulk of the squad is unhappy the players speaking out aren't against the norm and therefore questions have to asked of the manager as well as the players. I appreciate that these players have underperformed under both AVB and Sherwood, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's for the same reason - i.e. just players being lazy or whatever else.

Your last comment is very true, but just because a player acts out inappropriately it doesn't mean that the manager is not the reason for the unrest and/or is not contributing to it.

I think that lots of people assume that players are all overpaid divas these days. While that is no doubt the case in a good few cases, it doesn't mean that all players are like that and aren't the sort of people who give a manager a chance. At the end of the day different people have different personalities. But the manager's job is to promote unit or, at the very least, the respect you mention. If the bulk of the squad is unhappy the players speaking out aren't against the norm and therefore questions have to asked of the manager as well as the players. I appreciate that these players have underperformed under both AVB and Sherwood, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's for the same reason - i.e. just players being lazy or whatever else.
and its just as easy to blame a manager when a result doesn't go our way.
I'm not saying they are all like that but the evidence points that way for me, too many new signings, few players with a real connection to the club, Sherwood openly claiming some of them acting like they are doing Spurs a favour playing for them. Ive seen first hand Sherwood trying to get Paulinho's attention during a match and he completely ignored him despite clearly hearing him - Sherwood and Tony Parks went nuts on the bench at him and the next few games he was dropped - you never know what goes on behind closed doors but you can make an educated guess.
I dunno, the club just feels like a complete mess at the moment - partly down the the management situation and partly down the playing staff too - both of which other people (Levy and Baldini) are supposedly responsible for.

Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen et al are not going to say "I'm leaving this summer because I didn't like AVB", they will be more likely to say "I'm going, because that sherwood turnip is ruining my playing career"

Yeah, I am sure eriksen and Llorris, who's form is amazing and reputation is better than ever are worried about their careers right now. At least use soldado etc to make your point.

And please never use 'et al' again on a football forum.

Well in hindsight tossing AVB and replacing with Tim has not progressed our finishing position. IMO we will finish with the points no better or worse than what AVB would have got.
So why replace AVB ?
The project is it now redundant ?
Perhaps we are worse off cause it seems Tim has pissed off both players (aside from Ade) and supporters but still has the media whereas AVB had the players (mostly ex Ade) elements of the supporters BUT not the media.
Horrible season,
But now get rid of Sherwood and start fresh AGAIN.
COYS

I think Tim has been treated over fair!
A supply teacher actually has the right qualifications for the job
Unlike dear Tim who does not even have the right coaching badges to manage in the Premier League.
Don't worry he is going morph into a school janitor soon and then he can hide in the boiler room!

Back
Top Bottom