Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone knows I don’t rate him. But I did predict we would sign him.

Putting him and Richarlatan up front is a fucking liberty. They can’t hit a barn door between them.

Half this fucking fan base must be on drugs because I’m reading far too many people far too happy with this nonsense.

Putting him and Richarlatan up front is a fucking liberty. They can’t hit a barn door between them.

Half this fucking fan base must be on drugs because I’m reading far too many people far too happy with this nonsense.
We could sign an actual dog turd and "fans" would be banging on about how it will fit into our system and will cause chaos for the opposition

I'll judge this in the context of a completed window.

Not freaking me out right now, as I think Timo is a useful player in this system and. for me, acceptable back-up for where we are.

Can't shoot for shite (will still pitch in with a handful), but has created numerous dangerous situations that haven't been executed on.

Got a very good nose in the final third imo.

And definitely think we missed his input when injured.

So, I see this as an acceptable bit of pre-window padding; now you just make sure, Baldcunt, you bring me the real fucking deals you turtle-headed destroyer-of-the-joy-of-football mthrfkr.

A dirt cheap squad depth player who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Great.

What's the point of us having a title winning PL2 squad if they all get passed over for minutes because of dross like Werner?
Still more points (goals+assists) per playing time than Maddison.

5 of those were senior players. Veliz and Phillips are possibly even separate budget.

We also had money coming in from Kane to spend.

I can see the x2 CMs being a Gallagher and more creative 8/10 type that also plays wide when needed.

If we get all that done, I will hold my hand up and say fair play. It's fantasy to me though and I'm usually one of the more optimistic
Did we? Which of those signings were made after Kane decided to leave? Or was it right at the end of the window, in which case the Kane money was only available for subsequent transfer windows, ie January and this one coming...

Half of this fanbase get off on appearing reasonable and not melty because it gives them a feeling of superiority to fans who get frustrated and actually have high expectations for our summer windows. Every window this is the case, you have people who seem to delight in telling people to calm down or convincing everyone that we actually had a great window.

Go look back at some of the copium for the Jose window, which was terrible. We have fans who have genuine stockholm syndrome and fully buy in to this shit.

I was wary about signing him permanently because the last thing the squad needs is another Lo Celso and Werner isn't likely to be anything other than a rotation option. The fact that we're getting him on another loan with an option to buy for £8.5m definitely sweetens the pot. At worst, we've got someone who could do a reasonable job for us in the Europa League and domestic cup fixtures; at best, we get to sign a top tier player for £8.5m if he finds his form.

Half of this fanbase get off on appearing reasonable and not melty because it gives them a feeling of superiority to fans who get frustrated and actually have high expectations for our summer windows. Every window this is the case, you have people who seem to delight in telling people to calm down or convincing everyone that we actually had a great window.

Go look back at some of the copium for the Jose window, which was terrible. We have fans who have genuine stockholm syndrome and fully buy in to this shit.
WALOB

Back
Top Bottom