"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So...me explicitly saying I DON'T see not winning the league as failure...

...you've read as me saying NOT WINNING THE LEAGUE IS FAILURE?!

Are you really this thick?

They are opposite statements. I said the exact opposite to what you're accusing me of.

No dumbarse, I said you attempted to change the narrative by using the phrase "I don't see not winning the league is failure" an attempt to divert attention from your argument that all fans who believe Spurs can win the league are delusional ... I then showed you exactly where you introduced that words "not winning the league is failure" ... just as you requested. It was a red-herring thrown in by you as a desperate attempt to change the conversation, it failed.

So let's simplify - do you stand by your statement that all Spurs fans who think we can win the EPL are delusional? - just a simple yes or no will suffice ....

No dumbarse, I said you attempted to change the narrative by using the phrase "I don't see not winning the league is failure" an attempt to divert attention

Nope, I have the exact quote...

Nobody said not winning the league was a failure, well only you.

Lies upon lies upon lies.

Apparently only I said not winning the League was a failure.

You then followed this lie up by saying Woolwich could win the League.

And you don't understand why I think you're delusional.

For the record, this is what I called delusional...

I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draws thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider.

There is dreaming, and then there is delusion.

I start every season believing that we will win every game and do the quadruple.

So yes.

Last edited:
LMAO. Some of you.

The gap is 5. They are wobbling. We are winning without our best players.

Do I think we will win the league? No.

Can we win the league? Yes. Until there are more points between us than there are left there is a chance.

Why the fuck are you all arguing. Just try to enjoy it.

If City win on Wednesday they will usurp the dippers at the top of the table. The damage to their mentality could be lasting. City themselves have not been infallible. Anything can happen.

Let me try this one last time .... please no more paragraphs of utter bollocks just answer the question ...

So let's simplify - do you stand by your statement that all Spurs fans who think we can win the EPL are delusional? - just a simple yes or no will suffice ....

Proving what a fucking moron you are once more...I answered you. There is no need to try again.

And the reasons why, I have explained extensively.

Try reading this time.

Until there are more points between us than there are left there is a chance.
Really befuddles me this kind of statement. Especially since it is so common.

If that's the case then Huddersfield could have won it after Day 1. Or West Ham still can now. We would mock the shit out of the gooners and chavs if they said they were still in with a chance because the maths still works.

We have 13 games to go. As I said at Xmas, we shouldn't even be considering this until March and we are within 3 points.

To say people are getting ahead of themselves is an understatement considering what we have to come with 2 of our best players out.

Right now chasing down two teams. One game at a time.

That’s the ONLY focus. And a lot will struggle with that concept.

Matches are almost played one second at a time by fans. One mistake by a player and he’s shit. One misplaced pass and he’s awful.
Fat men who can’t run for the bus questioning the ability and fitness of professional athletes.
Fucking hilarious at times what you hear.

In a 90 minutes of football match I have sat next to “fans” who have written off players after two minutes called us shit and we have won 4-0. With said player scoring 2 and being MOTM.

(And they leave at 80 minutes to go home and avoid the traffic)
:dembelelol:

Anything can happen*. Enjoy the ride.

COYS

*woolwich will not win the league

Really befuddles me this kind of statement. Especially since it is so common.

If that's the case then Huddersfield could have won it after Day 1. Or West Ham still can now. We would mock the shit out of the gooners and chavs if they said they were still in with a chance because the maths still works.

We have 13 games to go. As I said at Xmas, we shouldn't even be considering this until March and we are within 3 points.

To say people are getting ahead of themselves is an understatement considering what we have to come with 2 of our best players out.

Gooners and Chavs are much farther behind, so it’s unlikely; but I will say that whilst people are happy to speculate that we could fall out of the top four to these teams, there are more points between us falling out of the top four than there are from the top.

And you say that we shouldn’t be considering anything until it’s March and 3 points. It’s February and 5. Two points difference.

I do not think we will win. It doesn’t mean we can’t. If I’m not saying we will win it, I’m hardly getting carried away.

At 5 points and 13 games there’s a realistic chance it could be overturned. For what it’s worth I do think we will catch Liverpool, if they continue like they are. But it’ll be City that win the league. For Chelsea it’s 12 points in 13 games. That’s more unlikely.

And you say that we shouldn’t be considering anything until it’s March and 3 points. It’s February and 5. Two points difference.
I specifically say that because up to March 5th we have to play Leicester, Burnley, Chelsea and Woolwich in the League and Dortmund twice in Europe.

If we're 3 points off top by then, considering City's fixtures (and our and their relevant squads/fitness), I will be very surprised.

I specifically say that because up to March 5th we have to play Leicester, Burnley, Chelsea and Woolwich in the League and Dortmund twice in Europe.

If we're 3 points off top by then, considering City's fixtures (and our and their relevant squads/fitness), I will be very surprised.

You specifically say anyone who believes Spurs can win the EPL are delusional ... that's about 99% of the fan base, it might no be realistic but we all have to believe that we can do it, otherwise what's the point?

FYI - From now until March 5th we've got 6 games and City have 7 games Everton, Chelsea, FA Cup, Schalke, Chelsea (CF), West Ham, B'mouth ... and in the rest of March we have just 3 games whilst City have 4 ... so considering City's two extra fixtures it looks good for us, was that your point?

You were called out for calling Spurs fans delusional for believing we can win the league, you were very obviously wrong, we can win the league so can at least five other clubs, that's just basic math ....

That’s an absolutely fucking ridiculous statement.

Do you honestly believe that Chelsea, United or Woolwich will win the league.

Woolwich in particular are 15 points behind the leaders with 13 games to go. And in 6th place. So 5 teams have to drop points at unprecedented rate for them to get into 1st place.

Their form (and the other teams there are chasing) is important too in this rather weird argument.

Last 8 games = 13 points and a +1 GD.

Which gives them 5th place in the form table.

4 teams above them.
United, Spurs, Liverpool and City in that order.
Chelsea just below them with same points and GD actually.

So some very very very basic maths v some very delusional thinking.

Delusional - “characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.”

You are a total fucking madman!!! Give me some of your drugs please!!!!

:allitongue::dembelelol::lamelaaghh:

(United are THE form team and nobody in their right mind is saying they will win the league either - although had we beat them we would be THE form team. And we really should have too).

Last 8 games we have made up 1 point on Liverpool and 3 on City.

There are 13 games to go.

That’s the reality of the situation we face.

So let’s just enjoy one game at a time because what else can we do do as fans??? That’s what I’m going to do anyway.

In our own hands to damage each of our rivals though.
Nope, I have the exact quote...

Lies upon lies upon lies.

Apparently only I said not winning the League was a failure.

You then followed this lie up by saying Woolwich could win the League.

And you don't understand why I think you're delusional.

For the record, this is what I called delusional...

So yes.
That is all pretty normal things to think. The other guy saying he believes we will win every game and win the quadruple is a completely fucking idiot.

I’m going to be honest and a realist here. I still don’t think we got the mentality yet or the quality to win this league unfortunately. Can any Spurs fan here honestly hand on heart be confident if say we went 2 points behind top and had a game in hand to win and go top, for us to come out and do the job to take advantage?

We have proven time and time again we lack that killer instinct to push over the line when it comes to title challenges or winning trophies. We are an excellent team and we will get top 4, but we are not winning this league boys sorry. Are we currently in the race ? Yeh probably, but I fully expect us to be out of it once we play the more tough games, notably Liverpool and City away which we are not getting anything from.

We almost certainly aint going to win it unless City and Liverpool dramatically stumble but hey its great to be one of the teams chasing the dippers down and hopefully the architects of their downfall.

Back
Top Bottom