"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree.

But expecting them both to implode with say 5 games of dropped points in their remaining 13 to allow us in is fairytale shit.

Saying City and Liverpool will suddenly start showing Gooner form is mental. Especially City considering their squad.

Liverpool will drop 10+ points from now until the end of the season.

City will probably drop 6 at the most.

Whether or not we can capitalise, I don't know. Not losing to them would help. It's incredible we are even a two points behind City at this point. We'll give it our best shot.

Fixtures were kinder in 2017 but belief is everything. Football is unpredictable.

The business end of the season is a funny old thing. I've just checked, should we go on a run exactly the same as we have before with 13 games to go it'll give us 93 points. Only twice has a team achieved more in the Premier League than that & with Liverpool & City dropping points like they are it probably won't even take that to get over the line.

Before we play Liverpool at Anfield we have games against the following:

Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Chelsea (A)
Woolwich (H)
Southampton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)

We can literally win all of those with the circumstances surrounding us and the other teams in question that make up that list. A tall ask but with us being allergic to draws this season who's to say we won't hit a purple patch with key players returning?

18 points from those games and I could see the winner of that game up at Anfield going top. Scary to even contemplate but exciting either way. Lovely to evenget the chance of thinking such things at this stage of the season

Expecting to fail and calling out everybody who dreams about success? That's not only very sad, it's just a little bit worrying as well ... have you ever thought of therapy? you're showing all the classic signs of depression.
I don't expect us to fail. I don't see not winning the League as failure.

I feel we have performed admirably all season considering our handicaps with injuries and the stadium.

Solidifying top 4 and getting out our CL group in the manner we did has been great fun. Getting to a Cup semi-final is also a sign of success. Competing on 3 fronts well is success to me this year.

When we're back home and with injuries healed and new players I'll adjust.

And get fucked trying to belittle me with that mental health shit. Especially with the levels of narcissism and attention seeking your stadium bullshit shows.

You're upset because I'm telling you a 100% record in a season is delusional? If it isn't, tell me, in the history of top level football, anywhere in the World, has a team won every game in the season?

If you find a single example in the history of the game at the top level, I will concede. Just one.

The business end of the season is a funny old thing. I've just checked, should we go on a run exactly the same as we have before with 13 games to go it'll give us 93 points. Only twice has a team achieved more in the Premier League than that & with Liverpool & City dropping points like they are it probably won't even take that to get over the line.

Before we play Liverpool at Anfield we have games against the following:

Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Chelsea (A)
Woolwich (H)
Southampton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)

We can literally win all of those with the circumstances surrounding us and the other teams in question that make up that list. A tall ask but with us being allergic to draws this season who's to say we won't hit a purple patch with key players returning?

18 points from those games and I could see the winner of that game up at Anfield going top. Scary to even contemplate but exciting either way. Lovely to evenget the chance of thinking such things at this stage of the season

Especially as over that period of time City have to play Chelsea (H), a League Cup final and Man Utd (A) and Liverpool have to play Man Utd (A) and Everton (A) - yes Marco Silva is shit, but it IS a derby.

Just need to make sure that at the end of those 6 fixtures, we have won more points than those above us and crucially not lost any ground. Easier said than done. City have ALOT of fixtures. But they have the squad.

[
I don't expect us to fail. I don't see not winning the League as failure.

I feel we have performed admirably all season considering our handicaps with injuries and the stadium.

Wow ... moving the goalposts much? Nobody said not winning the league was a failure, well only you. In response to a poster saying are we going to win the league you said -

I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draws thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider, and anyone who does so is delusional

You were called out for calling Spurs fans delusional for believing we can win the league, you were very obviously wrong, we can win the league so can at least five other clubs, that's just basic math ...

Firstly we only have 13 EPL games left, and secondly as pointed out by several posters, we've done it before ... so why all the negative shit?

It's not delusional to support your team, you're just a sad individual who glorifies in failure ... get behind the club stop thinking up reasons for us to fail just so you can say "I told you so" come May ... you'll still be a sad depressing little man even if you are proved correct.

[

Wow ... moving the goalposts much? Nobody said not winning the league was a failure, well only you. In response to a poster saying are we going to win the league you said -

I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draws thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider, and anyone who does so is delusional

You were called out for calling Spurs fans delusional for believing we can win the league, you were very obviously wrong, we can win the league so can at least five other clubs, that's just basic math ...

Firstly we only have 13 EPL games left, and secondly as pointed out by several posters, we've done it before ... so why all the negative shit?

It's not delusional to support your team, you're just a sad individual who glorifies in failure ... get behind the club stop thinking up reasons for us to fail just so you can say "I told you so" come May ... you'll still be a sad depressing little man even if you are proved correct.
So, to prove you aren't delusional, you're saying that Woolwich can win the League...

:dembele:

''Nobody has said not winning the League was a failure, well only you''...

Please provide that quote...

You just said you don't believe not winning the League as failure? Then say if we don't win the League I will be glorifying in it? So you're saying not winning it is failure then.

''Firstly we only have 13 EPL games left, and secondly as pointed out by several posters, we've done it before''

No, we haven't won 16 games in a row before, which is what I think we'll need to win it. So again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Again, provide the quote where I said not winning the League is failure. Or admit you are a liar.*

*well, we all know that anyway from your Stadium fibs.

I'm going to guess that didn't include the other top 4 teams away?

The fixtures were a lot kinder back then than we currently face, granted but it doesn't mean we can't go on a similar run, we know we have the players and the heart to fight until the end.

Tottenham fixtures:

Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Chelsea (A)
Woolwich (H)
Southampton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Man City (A)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (H)

Man City fixtures;

Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Watford (H)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (A)
Cardiff (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Tottenham (H)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Liverpool fixtures:

Bournemouth (H)
Man Utd (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Burnley (H)
Fulham (A)
Tottenham (H)
Southampton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

City have potentially 8 games where they could slip up based on how results have gone this season for them, Liverpool 8-9 as well from what I can see. I know we have equally as many issues ahead but it's wide open with how the top 2 have thrown away points over the last 5-6 days. All to play for, I'm sure Poch will be relishing the prospect of it

The fixtures were a lot kinder back then than we currently face, granted but it doesn't mean we can't go on a similar run, we know we have the players and the heart to fight until the end.

Tottenham fixtures:

Leicester (H)
Burnley (A)
Chelsea (A)
Woolwich (H)
Southampton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Liverpool (A)
Brighton (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Man City (A)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Everton (H)

Man City fixtures;

Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Watford (H)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (A)
Cardiff (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Tottenham (H)
Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Liverpool fixtures:

Bournemouth (H)
Man Utd (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
Burnley (H)
Fulham (A)
Tottenham (H)
Southampton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

City have potentially 8 games where they could slip up based on how results have gone this season for them, Liverpool 8-9 as well from what I can see. I know we have equally as many issues ahead but it's wide open with how the top 2 have thrown away points over the last 5-6 days. All to play for, I'm sure Poch will be relishing the prospect of it
Just look at City's fixtures. With a nearly fully fit squad stacked to the death with quality.

Expecting to fail and calling out everybody who dreams about success? That's not only very sad, it's just a little bit worrying as well ... have you ever thought of therapy? you're showing all the classic signs of depression.

Hi mate, whilst i am more optimistic about our chances than SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur , he is putting his case forward and makes him no less of a fan.

More to the point, I know this forum is open slather, but referencing mental state / depression is a dangerous slope IMHO. Normal healthy debates and arguments are all good.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Just look at City's fixtures. With a nearly fully fit squad stacked to the death with quality.

That squads already dropped points against the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Newcastle this season though. I know it's an outside bet but it can happen.

As Greavsie said, it's a funny old game. I'm definitely not ruling us out of anything as it stands I think our seasons taken a great shape to it all of a sudden & with players like Eriksen & Dele yet to hit a goal glut there's potentially more to come

That squads already dropped points against the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Newcastle this season though. I know it's an outside bet but it can happen.

As Greavsie said, it's a funny old game. I'm definitely not ruling us out of anything as it stands I think our seasons taken a great shape to it all of a sudden & with players like Eriksen & Dele yet to hit a goal glut there's potentially more to come
I think Fernandinho was missing for 3 of those. He is their key. They have a million attackers.

I think Fernandinho was missing for 3 of those. He is their key. They have a million attackers.

I think City have a big week coming up with games vs Everton away and Chelsea at home. Drop points in either of those two and it'll be big for Liverpool & us potentially.

A lot to play for and I definitely don't expect us to win it but we all know what can happen in a game of football. For every Aguero hat trick there's a Tim Krul waiting to happen or a Gerrard slip up that can go down. I'm just happy to see us being well and truly in the mix should things drop our way, lovely to have a buzz knowing we are as close to a title win at this stage of a season than we have ever been points wise.

Sunday can't come soon enough :)

So, to prove you aren't delusional, you're saying that Woolwich can win the League....

I believe we can win the EPL you believe we can't .... positive v negative ... so which of us is happier? Me with aspirations of EPL trophies? or you with the expectation of defeat?

Being positive makes you happy even if it doesn't always work out, go on try it ......

Hi mate, whilst i am more optimistic about our chances than SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur , he is putting his case forward and makes him no less of a fan.

More to the point, I know this forum is open slather, but referencing mental state / depression is a dangerous slope IMHO. Normal healthy debates and arguments are all good.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Drop the sanctimonious drivel, not every comment on mental health is a 'dangerous slope' suggesting someone is depressed because he always looks on the negative side ... that's just a feckin' comment ... The PC trolling on every website in the world is now a fecklin' epidemic ...

The latest "Mary Poppins is a racist" why because soot is black? did you agree with that bollocks as well?
A person said or did something 40 years ago, that now defines them? Corbyn once met a 'terrorist' that now makes him one? Having a wank is murdering babies? Saying 'Christmas' or 'Easter' is offensive? Using the terms master and slave for a computer is racist? It's culturally inappropriate to perm your hair? Using a medical term on a website is now a dangerous slope? for who? what slope? who's falling down it?

It's all PC bollocks gone mad, don't buy into it you will just feed the 'offended'.

I believe we can win the EPL you believe we can't .... positive v negative ... so which of us is happier? Me with aspirations of EPL trophies? or you with the expectation of defeat?

Being positive makes you happy even if it doesn't always work out, go on try it ......

I am one of the most positive (about Spurs) posters on this forum. Have been called a happy clapper more times than I can remember.

Now...about me saying not winning the League is failure...

''Nobody has said not winning the League was a failure, well only you''...

Please provide that quote...

because he always looks on the negative side ... that's just a feckin' comment

Are you talking about me here?!

You have got to be the biggest liar on this forum, and that takes something.

Do you have any idea about my posting on here?

Always looks on the negative side. Jesus, you are a wally.

Now find that quote...

I am one of the most positive (about Spurs) posters on this forum. Have been called a happy clapper more times than I can remember.

Now...about me saying not winning the League is failure...

"I don't expect us to fail. I don't see not winning the League as failure" - that was your sentence, and having gone back 10 pages as I said you are the only person to use the term winning the league is a failure, nobody anywhere else (as far as I went back) has ever used that phrase, only you when trying to change the narrative...

Regarding fixtures, City are in four competitions. Liverpool still have the easiest run-in. Honestly, five points is still a big gap. I don't think they will lose against Bournemouth. And until we close the gap to two points before Anfield I don't think it is a race.

Regardless, City winning is good. Reason being we'd have to beat City away regardless and we are now closer to first than fourth so the more pressure above and below us the better.

Our next game is Leicester. They are causing problems. We will see where we stand after that test.

"I don't expect us to fail. I don't see not winning the League as failure" - that was your sentence, and having gone back 10 pages as I said you are the only person to use the term winning the league is a failure, nobody anywhere else (as far as I went back) has ever used that phrase, only you when trying to change the narrative...
So...me explicitly saying I DON'T see not winning the league as failure...

...you've read as me saying NOT WINNING THE LEAGUE IS FAILURE?!

Are you really this thick?

They are opposite statements. I said the exact opposite to what you're accusing me of.

Back
Top Bottom