"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still concerned about how we will do without our own boy up front, but if we keep within touching distance until March, it will be there for the taking lads.

There was a post on this forum somewhere which shows we have only lost one game when Kane hasn't played.

This isn't a math problem, we're competing in :pochsmirk:

Dynamics are completely different for last third of the tournament, and especially the last 5-6 matches. Fatigue, decisions in-game when the pressure really on, momentum. Lots of stuff that weren't as significant up to that point.

That's me being uber positive. If we get 87 points this season after everything that has gone on it will be goddam fucking remarkable. Where we are now is unbelievable.

Anyway it's an exciting time. COYS

We aren't going to is the point. To win the title from here, we are likely to need to win every single one of our 13 games left. With a depleted squad.
People are allowed to dream and hope for the best or are you going to crap on that too?
Motivation can change the way people respond to challenges and I would say that the squad is motivated wouldn't you?

People are allowed to dream and hope for the best or are you going to crap on that too?
Motivation can change the way people respond to challenges and I would say that the squad is motivated wouldn't you?
Stick me back on ignore, I don't know why you took me off. There is no-one's opinion on this forum I value less than a barely literate, racist piece of turd like you.

You bumpkin.

There was a post on this forum somewhere which shows we have only lost one game when Kane hasn't played.

It's a fact.

Without Kane starting since 2015 when he broke into the team.

Played: 16
Won: 12
Drawn: 3
Lost: 1
Scored: 29

That 1 loss was away at Old Trafford. Either way, a 75% win ratio without Kane tells you all you need to know about how good we actually are as a team and aren't heavily reliant on anyone.

It's a fact.

Without Kane starting since 2015 when he broke into the team.

Played: 16
Won: 12
Drawn: 3
Lost: 1
Scored: 29

That 1 loss was away at Old Trafford. Either way, a 75% win ratio without Kane tells you all you need to know about how good we actually are as a team and aren't heavily reliant on anyone.
Yeah, yeah, blah blah. The media aren't interested in such 'facts'. We need to buy buy buy someone to step in for Harry or it's relegation time don't you know that?

We aren't going to is the point. To win the title from here, we are likely to need to win every single one of our 13 games left. With a depleted squad.

In other words, you believe if we beat Liverpool away, they will drop less than 3 points in the remaining 12. Or that if we beat City away they will zero points in the remaining 12 :vertna:

How's that for glass half empty :pochbye:

We'll need an incredible run of results to be sure. And it's not exactly likely. But it's sure as fuck more likely than Pool or City having a run like described above, which would be required for your prediction to be true.

19/1 to win the title, over the next 2 games, with a bit of luck, I can see those dropping to single figures, and then Deli Kane return, the future is ours.

I think the last 5 days have been huge for our season. It'll be the first time that people at the club start talking about the league with a slight leaning towards possibly doing it. This kind of shift is wonderful for our clubs mindset, the players growth etc it'll breathe new life into the boys.

The preparations for games, the focus, the mentality will all start moving towards a charge. The boys will know that if we win every game from now until May we will lift the trophy. That takes the seriousness of it all up a notch, it can bring completely different dimension to how we play. People took the piss out of us for not signing any players, how many teams can genuinely say they have that feeling in their gut at the moment that only a title challenge can bring with it?

Now we take it one game at a time, now we experience real football where the mindset of a champion can be made. Teams will flap, one team will flap less than the others why can't that be us?

Genuinely excited about the club putting us in a position where we can get that feeling going into the next game, absolutely superb from the boys now go make history

In other words, you believe if we beat Liverpool away, they will drop less than 3 points in the remaining 12. Or that if we beat City away they will zero points in the remaining 12 :vertna:

How's that for glass half empty :pochbye:

We'll need an incredible run of results to be sure. And it's not exactly likely. But it's sure as fuck more likely than Pool or City having a run like described above, which would be required for your prediction to be true.
I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draws thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider.

There is dreaming, and then there is delusion.

As for you saying it's far more likely than Liverpool and City going on runs described? City started the season with 13 wins and 2 draws (with a tougher fixture list). Liverpool 17 wins with 3 draws.

Don't let the facts get in the way for the sake of dreaming.

Last edited:
19/1 to win the title, over the next 2 games, with a bit of luck, I can see those dropping to single figures, and then Deli Kane return, the future is ours.

William Hill offering odds of 14/1. Not sure what our odds went down to during the Leicester title winning campaign but there's not been many occasions I've seen us so short to win it. Huge credit to our grinding beliefs after the Kane & Dele misfortune. Get them back and it'll breathe extra life into it all.

By hook or by crook, a win vs Leicester is a must. Let's hope those 8 days reinvigorate the lads and that people turn up in greater numbers to support them come Sunday

Liverpool and City will both drop points away at Old Trafford. I think Liverpool are likely to drop more points than City though from now until the end of the season. They're feeling it big time.

It's a tough ask and our hopes hinge on our away games at both clubs. In the last 3 seasons, we've got more points away at the Etihad than we've lost. And we have the same amount of points won at Anfield than we've lost. So it's not impossible to get results there.

Luckily for us, those two games come within the final 7 games of the season. If we're even if touching distance of first place by our 31st fixture, then there is always hope. Pressure isn't on us as much as it's on them. Kane and Dele will be back for the game at Anfield, anythings possible.

I personally think City win the league just based on experience and squad depth. No reason why we can't finish 2nd though. Liverpools depth is horrendous and they have some very tough fixtures.

13 games left. No reason why we can't win at least 10 of them. That puts us on 88 points. We just need to make sure we stop City and Liverpool gaining extra points when we play them and hopefully draw the other 3 as opposed to lose them. Which could see us on 91 points which is a league winning total.

It's highly unlikely we go unbeaten from now until the end of the season though so I think 88 points would be reasonable enough, even if it's not enough for the title. It'd just be like us to lose the title on goal difference.

I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draw thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider.

As for you saying it's far more likely than Liverpool and City going on runs described? City started the season with 13 wins and 2 draws (with a tougher fixture list). Liverpool 17 wins with 3 draws.

You reference runs at start of the season, which are a different dynamic, and more importantly are runs in terms of points NOT good enough to make YOUR prediction true. And then refer to it as FACT.

I don't really know what to do with that :deledoubt:

I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draw thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider.

That's just sad ... I start every season believing that we will win every game and do the quadruple ... no way 'but it's delusional' comments from opposition fans will ever change that faith ... it's what supporting the club is all about.

Away to Liverpool why not? in 2011 when we needed a win we got one ... away to City why not? when we needed a win in 2010 we got one ....

Liverpool and City to win 13 games in a row? The reality is that if we beat both City and Liverpool we then only need to match City over the other 12 games, and pick up just 3 points more than Liverpool ... it's a big ask but by no means delusional,. It's a shame you can't get behind your (cough) team .....

Last edited:
Liverpool and City will both drop points away at Old Trafford. I think Liverpool are likely to drop more points than City though from now until the end of the season. They're feeling it big time.

It's a tough ask and our hopes hinge on our away games at both clubs. In the last 3 seasons, we've got more points away at the Etihad than we've lost. And we have the same amount of points won at Anfield than we've lost. So it's not impossible to get results there.

Luckily for us, those two games come within the final 7 games of the season. If we're even if touching distance of first place by our 31st fixture, then there is always hope. Pressure isn't on us as much as it's on them. Kane and Dele will be back for the game at Anfield, anythings possible.

I personally think City win the league just based on experience and squad depth. No reason why we can't finish 2nd though. Liverpools depth is horrendous and they have some very tough fixtures.

If we win at Anfield, the Etihad & Stamford Bridge it'll literally be blown wide open. We really couldn't have asked much more than that back when the season started.

If Porto can win the Champions League, we can make up 5 points on Liverpool.

Even if we don't this feeling you get in your gut, nothin beats it so I'm throwing myself head first into knowing we are in the mix. On our day we can beat anyone, we've proved that and maybe this will get the juices pumping just at the right time. Wins vs Fulham, Watford & Newcastle in such circumstances with depleted first XIs cannact as a real catalyst to the belief in the group. I bet the boys are all thinking about it for the first real time this season, got to be great being a part of that group going into training tomorrow with the likes of Hugo, Toby etc.

The seriousness of it all starts now. Real champion level focus required from the boys now

You reference runs at start of the season, which are a different dynamic, and more importantly are runs in terms of points NOT good enough to make YOUR prediction true. And then refer to it as FACT.

I don't really know what to do with that :deledoubt:
Ok, if Liverpool lose v. us and draw another, we will need to win every game....to finish second on goal difference.

If Liverpool draw 3 games (as mentioned in the previous run), one of those will have to be to us. Therefore we have also dropped points.

I'm not surprised you don't know what to do with that.

You just said unbeaten runs that Man City and Liverpool have actually achieved already (City twice in the past 2 seasons) are less likely than us winning 15 games in a row to end the season without Harry Kane and Dele Alli.

Keep talking though.

A lot would have to go our way, I see us lifting that premier league trophy as the least likely scenario BUT it is still a scenario that can happen.

Surprisingly I am more worried about the next two games then the games away against the dippers and city. It is in the games against the smaller teams we have to show our character. With out Kane and Dele I just can’t see us doing it I must be honest, but if the rumours about them both coming back earlier than expected are true then we may be in with a shout.

Going out of the FA cup may help us in the long run, I would never wish us to exit the CL but if we go deep I can see our injury list piling up again.

If Dele and Kane come back rested and on top form then anything is possible.

There is still hope and while there is we should enjoy it, let’s hope we get through these next two games unscathed and with 6 points, then anything can happen with our squad back together.

If we win at Anfield, the Etihad & Stamford Bridge it'll literally be blown wide open. We really couldn't have asked much more than that back when the season started.

If Porto can win the Champions League, we can make up 5 points on Liverpool.

Even if we don't this feeling you get in your gut, nothin beats it so I'm throwing myself head first into knowing we are in the mix. On our day we can beat anyone, we've proved that and maybe this will get the juices pumping just at the right time. Wins vs Fulham, Watford & Newcastle in such circumstances with depleted first XIs cannact as a real catalyst to the belief in the group. I bet the boys are all thinking about it for the first real time this season, got to be great being a part of that group going into training tomorrow with the likes of Hugo, Toby etc.

The seriousness of it all starts now.

I think we can win at Stamford Bridge - they play a cup final 3 days before. We are better than them. We beat them at Stamford Bridge without Kane last season. Sure, we had Dele but we now have Son Heung-Min who is at his highest level of his career and a lot better than Dele has ever been for us.

I'd take a draw at City and Liverpool if offered me now though. Most important thing is that we DON'T lose ground on those gameweeks.

Liverpool will drop at least 10 more points this season. We just need to make sure we can make that up.

In the 2016/17 season from 26th gameweek onwards we played 13 games, won 12 and lost 1.

Do that again this season and the title could well be ours.

Back
Top Bottom