To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
I’ve left it late and will sleep on my decision tonight. Tbh I’ve had a lot going on this week, so...

to clarify: in effect we are paying a deposit right? For whenever the crowds are allowed back..this could be NY 2021? And if so, then restricted and therefore by ballot?

Short term it feels like just throwing away £200 (jokes about Joseball no withstanding). Long term those that do renew are guaranteeing a seat when things return to a semblance of normality and we have a title winning team ready🤣

As far as I can tell from what the Trust has said, the 20% deposit will be used to buy tickets via ballot until full capacity. Once that is gone then you'll have to buy with money from your bank card, if they go full capacity by the end of the season then the remaining balance would have to be paid. If you don't use the full 20% then that would be used against next year's season ticket.

I renewed pretty early but I can't see myself applying for many of the ballots. For me going to spurs is a social thing and if I can't go with the group I sit with or meet up with the numerous others I know that go then I'm not really interested. That along with the stadium only being maybe 25% full at first and the ball ache that the pubs will be is not appealing.

As far as I can tell from what the Trust has said, the 20% deposit will be used to buy tickets via ballot until full capacity. Once that is gone then you'll have to buy with money from your bank card, if they go full capacity by the end of the season then the remaining balance would have to be paid. If you don't use the full 20% then that would be used against next year's season ticket.

I renewed pretty early but I can't see myself applying for many of the ballots. For me going to spurs is a social thing and if I can't go with the group I sit with or meet up with the numerous others I know that go then I'm not really interested. That along with the stadium only being maybe 25% full at first and the ball ache that the pubs will be is not appealing.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 20% deposit dosh won't be used until we are back at full capacity and that ballot tickets will be charged on a per match basis.

I travel over 100 miles every game and like someone to talk to in the car. I just know if I give them up I may never get them back and I still dream of a enic free spurs with Nagelsmann incharge building a dynasty . Ah dream's

Well done. Keep supporting the club when they need it. Can’t just do it when we are playing well.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 20% deposit dosh won't be used until we are back at full capacity and that ballot tickets will be charged on a per match basis.

This is what the Trust has said about it. Nothing about paying for tickets via the deposit. Looks like it is just game by game, all in all though it seems the most sensible way of doing it. Although at the moment
I can't see full capacity happening this season. I wonder if they'll do the ballot games PRO RATA or tiered pricing? I hope they do it PRO RATA seeing as that's how they sorted the end of last season. Bit of a piss take to give us 1/19th for Woolwich at home last year but ask for more this year.

Once we're up to a good/full capacity again, you'll be asked to pay the remainder of your season ticket PRO RATA minus your 20% deposit. So, if there are 10 home games left, you'll be asked to pay 10/19th's of your season ticket minus the 20% deposit.
If there are no games at full/good capacity next season, your deposit rolls over to the 2021/22 season. If at that point, you decide not to renew for the 2021/22 season, your deposit will be returned to you after the renewal window has closed.

Will we find out about seat move requests when the window closes or are they waiting until normal service resumes?

I appreciate the seating will be all over the place with the ballot, but would be good to know the options for my new permanent home

I wasnt going to Renew, but the seat they offered me looks decent, im wondering if Levy has his spies on here as without the new seat being offered doubt i would have renewed, ah who am i kidding i was always going to renew , im weak! :mourbye:

Flippin' younger generation, just a bunch of woosies (not sure if that's the right spelling, but you know what I mean!).
Can you imagine if we gave up every time we signed a manager we didn't like!!!
:mourbringit:

I have friends who have stopped watching the matches/following the club entirely since the Poch sacking, let alone renewing a ST...

I get the frustration at last season, I really do, but surely if you follow that course of action you are a supporter of Poch, not Spurs?

Will we find out about seat move requests when the window closes or are they waiting until normal service resumes?

I appreciate the seating will be all over the place with the ballot, but would be good to know the options for my new permanent home

Yes, it will be done before the new season starts whether we are back or not.

In fact I'm sure that it will be sorted out starting at 17:00 tonight and Levy will be working all through the night and weekend on it. :levylol:

Nope, I've stuck to my guns and I'm out. Variety of reasons
  • family and work reasons that mean I have less time (5 hour round trip to get there, late night motorways often shut these days)
  • majority of games I'll be able to pick up a ticket anyway if I want one
  • modern football doesn't thrill me, being treated like a customer instead of a fan, not being allowed to stand, no singing, no atmosphere, surrounded by tourists every week, having to stand up 30 times every match while people go to the toilet or burger stall or photograph themselves - simply unenjoyable
  • I miss WHL, the new stadium is impressive but it's not the same - the kids will never get to experience a proper football crowd
  • it's not the money per se, I'm middle-class and middle-aged, but the ST prices are 25% too high, the club is making profit from me, because of course it's a business not a football club, making a profit from me is what they do
  • modern obsession with silverware - most fans on here would rather win a trophy with a Mourhino, sat back defending a 1-0 lead, rather than lose gloriously with a Redknapp. Not me. They call me 'a loser'.
  • of course I get that we support the badge and not a player or a manager but what Levy did to Poch was disgraceful - I was ashamed of the club. Why? because 'fans' are baying for 'silverware'.
Like others, I've supported Spurs since the late 60's, thick and thin, I'll obviously never support another team, but this last season has drained my love for the game - couple of times I sat there watching the ball bounce off Sissoko's shins thinking "what am I doing here?"

Dunno, maybe a break of a year or two away will bring me back refreshed , but for the moment I check out with no regrets.... just my personal opinion and total respect to all that have renewed

• family and work reasons that mean I have less time (5 hour round trip to get there, late night motorways often shut these days)
  • modern football doesn't thrill me, being treated like a customer instead of a fan, not being allowed to stand, no singing, no atmosphere, surrounded by tourists every week, having to stand up 30 times every match while people go to the toilet or burger stall or photograph themselves - simply unenjoyable
  • I miss WHL, the new stadium is impressive but it's not the same - the kids will never get to experience a proper football crowd
  • it's not the money per se, I'm middle-class and middle-aged, but the ST prices are 25% too high, the club is making profit from me, because of course it's a business not a football club, making a profit from me is what they do
  • modern obsession with silverware - most fans on here would rather win a trophy with a Mourhino, sat back defending a 1-0 lead, rather than lose gloriously with a Redknapp. Not me. They call me 'a loser'.
  • of course I get that we support the badge and not a player or a manager but what Levy did to Poch was disgraceful - I was ashamed of the club. Why? because 'fans' are baying for 'silverware'.
Like others, I've supported Spurs since the late 60's, thick and thin, I'll obviously never support another team, but this last season has drained my love for the game - couple of times I sat there watching the ball bounce off Sissoko's shins thinking "what am I doing here?"

Dunno, maybe a break of a year or two away will bring me back refreshed , but for the moment I check out with no regrets.... just my personal opinion and total respect to all that have renewed
That's a great post.

Really good post and totally get where you're coming from. I took a couple of years out (mostly financial reasons) but got dragged back in again. I absolutely hate what modern football has become, but I can't stop supporting and watching this Club. Maybe when we win the Premier League/Champions' League double, I will be able to leave it all behind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom