To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
Nope, I've stuck to my guns and I'm out. Variety of reasons
  • family and work reasons that mean I have less time (5 hour round trip to get there, late night motorways often shut these days)
  • majority of games I'll be able to pick up a ticket anyway if I want one
  • modern football doesn't thrill me, being treated like a customer instead of a fan, not being allowed to stand, no singing, no atmosphere, surrounded by tourists every week, having to stand up 30 times every match while people go to the toilet or burger stall or photograph themselves - simply unenjoyable
  • I miss WHL, the new stadium is impressive but it's not the same - the kids will never get to experience a proper football crowd
  • it's not the money per se, I'm middle-class and middle-aged, but the ST prices are 25% too high, the club is making profit from me, because of course it's a business not a football club, making a profit from me is what they do
  • modern obsession with silverware - most fans on here would rather win a trophy with a Mourhino, sat back defending a 1-0 lead, rather than lose gloriously with a Redknapp. Not me. They call me 'a loser'.
  • of course I get that we support the badge and not a player or a manager but what Levy did to Poch was disgraceful - I was ashamed of the club. Why? because 'fans' are baying for 'silverware'.
Like others, I've supported Spurs since the late 60's, thick and thin, I'll obviously never support another team, but this last season has drained my love for the game - couple of times I sat there watching the ball bounce off Sissoko's shins thinking "what am I doing here?"

Dunno, maybe a break of a year or two away will bring me back refreshed , but for the moment I check out with no regrets.... just my personal opinion and total respect to all that have renewed

I travel over 100 miles every game and like someone to talk to in the car. I just know if I give them up I may never get them back and I still dream of a enic free spurs with Nagelsmann incharge building a dynasty . Ah dream's

Fair enough.

I have a 5 hour round trip on public transport. So i talk to myself. I am actually funnier than i thought i was. And more interesting.

Nobody move to the south stand if you aren’t going to sing. And if you currently sit/stand there and make fuck all noise apart from your moaning then also kindly fuck off to another part of the stadium. I’m sick of you.

Fully intent to renew.
Don't fully intend to go to every match - will stick some games on the ticket exchange.

I think C19 has shown me there's more to life than spending half of it in a smelly southeastern train and crammed into a football stadium.
That and the fact that the football has not been worth the effort getting there and back at times and that's not a dig at Jose.

I’m not convinced that tickets will be as easy to flog on the exchange in the post-Covid, post-new stadium, post-top 4, post-CL Spurs world we’re about to enter though.

I reckon they’ll be thousands with the same idea of cherry picking the big matches and trying to off-load the crap ones, coupled with many matches not selling out plus an unknown number of unsold season ticket seats added to the list of seats for the club to sell for individual matches too.

I wouldn’t recommend factoring the exchange into the finances of buying an ST for a few years.

Last edited:
Going to be amusing when we get to a couple of finals next season and all the usual gripes come out to play.

We should have bingo game.

'was a ST holder for 30 years and now I can't get a ticket for the final and some member with zero LPs only bought one last year and he has got one'

Etc etc

Each to their own, and with respect...I struggle to understand going to watch lower league clubs instead of Spurs. I understand the atmosphere and the experience might be better, but it's...not Spurs? Surely you can't want the team to win with anything approaching the same passion. And surely you don't feel the same bond with the other Orient or Peterborough fans- as these are people who have shared relegations, promotions, play-offs, the club's financial problems etc with each other- but you don't support that team and haven't shared all that. Whereas at Spurs I feel a tribal loyalty towards other yids because we've shared everything together, and we're the same in important ways. Maybe it develops over time I guess, but would you ever truly belong in the same way as someone who is from Peterborough who has loved that club from their youth?

I do agree that at the new ground the atmosphere is soulless 99% of the time...unless it's a game against top 6 opposition, when it's always pretty decent. I love meeting up with people before and after, and for the game I see it as a chance to watch the actual game from a comfy seat with a great view and see who is performing well etc, rather than a proper genuine football experience because it is no longer that sadly. Away games are a totally different experience altogether, and I think I'd rather miss 5 home games than 1 away game.

If for some reason I couldn't go away, I'd still keep my ST but the main reason I always renew without thinking is that with my LP's it guarantees me away tickets.

Agree on the whole. I go and watch non-League quite often but I don't really care what the result is. Even after 52 years every Spurs loss to this day is like a knife through the heart.

I've just used the balance that was in my account for the deposit. Personally, I can't wait to get back into the ground, and don't care if it's back in our seats, albeit I have asked for a move. Watching the "behind the scenes" video on the official site made me realise how much I'm missing it, even if the football isn't that great. It's all the stuff that goes with it, as well.

My wife wants me at home and 1 of my son's has stopped as soon as we put Jose incharge my other stopped within a few weeks and I found myself scrapping around trying to find people to go with. After they came the first time they didn't come again.I am thinking I will still buy all 3 in the hope Jose gets sacked

Flippin' younger generation, just a bunch of woosies (not sure if that's the right spelling, but you know what I mean!).
Can you imagine if we gave up every time we signed a manager we didn't like!!!
:mourbringit:

I have friends who have stopped watching the matches/following the club entirely since the Poch sacking, let alone renewing a ST...

I get the frustration at last season, I really do, but surely if you follow that course of action you are a supporter of Poch, not Spurs?

Each to their own, and with respect...I struggle to understand going to watch lower league clubs instead of Spurs. I understand the atmosphere and the experience might be better, but it's...not Spurs? Surely you can't want the team to win with anything approaching the same passion. And surely you don't feel the same bond with the other Orient or Peterborough fans- as these are people who have shared relegations, promotions, play-offs, the club's financial problems etc with each other- but you don't support that team and haven't shared all that. Whereas at Spurs I feel a tribal loyalty towards other yids because we've shared everything together, and we're the same in important ways. Maybe it develops over time I guess, but would you ever truly belong in the same way as someone who is from Peterborough who has loved that club from their youth?

I do agree that at the new ground the atmosphere is soulless 99% of the time...unless it's a game against top 6 opposition, when it's always pretty decent. I love meeting up with people before and after, and for the game I see it as a chance to watch the actual game from a comfy seat with a great view and see who is performing well etc, rather than a proper genuine football experience because it is no longer that sadly. Away games are a totally different experience altogether, and I think I'd rather miss 5 home games than 1 away game.

If for some reason I couldn't go away, I'd still keep my ST but the main reason I always renew without thinking is that with my LP's it guarantees me away tickets.

Yeah I'm renewing. Trying to get relocated next to my mate though so be interesting to see how that pans out.

Now i'm no longer a young man with a hectic social calendar, it's good to have something in the diary where I can meet up with a couple of mates and have a few jars.

Being a Spurs fan it's important not to always let the football ruin a good day at the football.

I missed the relocation too.

Are we still allowed to request relocation?

I went on to the FAQ’s on the Ask Spurs page. I ended up sending the club a message via a link and they emailed straight back with a relocation questionnaire.

So, if I read it correctly, that will be taken into consideration (despite missing the cut off) if/when I renew.

Yeah, dont disagree.
I may not pick my games on the opposition though, it might just be based on when I can make it.

Also been told my mother is unwell and will look to spend more time with her than out with strangers watching gash football.

I'll take the hit if I can't sell my ticket.
You won't regret the time you spend with your mum, hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom