To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
I don't think anyone should renew. Levy's just going to pocket the money as usual.

I’m conflicted. I’m ready for some live football - even José’s meagre offerings BUT

I just can’t see when/if 60,000 of us are gonna be NWHL together any time soon - certainly not this calendar year, maybe not the next...

Which begs the question...why line ENIC/Levy’s pockets with a non-refundable deposit?

I’m conflicted. I’m ready for some live football - even José’s meagre offerings BUT

I just can’t see when/if 60,000 of us are gonna be NWHL together any time soon - certainly not this calendar year, maybe not the next...

Which begs the question...why line ENIC/Levy’s pockets with a non-refundable deposit?

It’s only non-refundable if you change your mind though. If it’s impossible to attend at least 20% worth of matches next season it will just be rolled over. It will never end up in Levy’s new yacht fund if it’s not used for matches.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm out.
As with others there are personal reasons at play but bottom line for me is the exasperation at the club (the club I've followed through thick and thin for 50 years) treating me like a customer instead of a fan, and treating football like a business instead of a game. So that I'm surrounded by tourists every matchday and I'm not allowed to stand or encouraged to sing.
Oh, and mistreating a loyal manager and replacing him with a dickhead, just so that I can watch us pass the ball sideways for 90 minutes. For £1500? no thanks Daniel.
I reckon I'll be able to pick up whatever matchday tickets I want on the exchange.
With a bit of effort, as in checking often, you can pick up pretty much any tickets you want on the exchange or member sale. It only gets a bit tricky if you want more than 2 together.

And new season ticket holders who don’t realise there are not enough final tickets for all ST holders. I couldn’t get an FA cup final ticket anyway!

What do we get 20k allocation?
Thats why its such a pity most clubs and managers treat the league Cup with such contempt.... you get a bigger allocation so more supporters can go.

My wife wants me at home and 1 of my son's has stopped as soon as we put Jose incharge my other stopped within a few weeks and I found myself scrapping around trying to find people to go with. After they came the first time they didn't come again.I am thinking I will still buy all 3 in the hope Jose gets sacked

You are doing the right thing. You wan't have to shell out much this season as you can just avoid the ballot if you don't fancy a particular game. If things change, you have still got them,

I have been on my own plenty of times. I am a grown man, i don't really need someone to hold my hand although i do have mates that won't go on their own.

Spurs are for life. Not just for Twitter bragging rights.

Only English team to win the Audi Cup...... and worth mentioning still current holders until 2021.

So not that I’m bragging......... but .... that’s kind of a big deal in certain parts.

At least ..... That’s what some people say.

And as a world leader says:
Read the books! Read the manuals!!

Nope, I've stuck to my guns and I'm out. Variety of reasons
  • family and work reasons that mean I have less time (5 hour round trip to get there, late night motorways often shut these days)
  • majority of games I'll be able to pick up a ticket anyway if I want one
  • modern football doesn't thrill me, being treated like a customer instead of a fan, not being allowed to stand, no singing, no atmosphere, surrounded by tourists every week, having to stand up 30 times every match while people go to the toilet or burger stall or photograph themselves - simply unenjoyable
  • I miss WHL, the new stadium is impressive but it's not the same - the kids will never get to experience a proper football crowd
  • it's not the money per se, I'm middle-class and middle-aged, but the ST prices are 25% too high, the club is making profit from me, because of course it's a business not a football club, making a profit from me is what they do
  • modern obsession with silverware - most fans on here would rather win a trophy with a Mourhino, sat back defending a 1-0 lead, rather than lose gloriously with a Redknapp. Not me. They call me 'a loser'.
  • of course I get that we support the badge and not a player or a manager but what Levy did to Poch was disgraceful - I was ashamed of the club. Why? because 'fans' are baying for 'silverware'.
Like others, I've supported Spurs since the late 60's, thick and thin, I'll obviously never support another team, but this last season has drained my love for the game - couple of times I sat there watching the ball bounce off Sissoko's shins thinking "what am I doing here?"

Dunno, maybe a break of a year or two away will bring me back refreshed , but for the moment I check out with no regrets.... just my personal opinion and total respect to all that have renewed

Good post. I've renewed but it might be the last time if things keep going the way they are. Especially agree with your views on stadium atmosphere and getting up a hundred times during the matches because people are scoffing pies etc. The only thing I don't agree with in your list is the chase for silverware - we simply had too many near misses from 2014-19 for it to be a fluke, there's something not quite right with the club and we need to build a culture of winning. It doesn't seem fair that players like Jan and Dembele left Spurs having never won a trophy with us, and, perish the thought, the fact Kane might not either...

I gave up my ST about 5 years. Mainly financial reasons. Always be a yid and try and go once a year for my kids really.

When I can go over to the Orient with my two lads forsometimes as little as a score it’s a no brainier for me personally.

If there was no Tottenham Hotspur, I would not bother with football at all. I have 53 years of history with them - apart from family and my faith, no-one/nothing has been part of my life for that long.
I couldn't/wouldn't get involved with another club at this stage of my life. When the day comes when I can't attend matches, I will have to be content with watching games on TV.

Last edited:

Yeah, it's a surprise they are even offering STs right now. They could easily wait until there is an actual plan for the return of football (and evidence of gaining some ground on the COVID), which will surely provide enough logistical time for these things to shake out. Seems kind of tone deaf to be concerned about these matters ATM. But then again yacht payments do need to be made in these times.

Is it actually a non-refundable deposit? If so its disgusting.

If you pay a deposit for any goods or services they are typically non-refundable.

That doesn't mean that if the games aren't played or are still behind closed doors that Spurs get to keep the cost of your season ticket.

Last edited:
Can’t imagine many STHs have to pay anything really on deposit with the amounts we have in our ticketing accounts. There’s certainly not going to be some kind of huge cash injection from ST sales this year.

:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom