Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sell Toby and it's barely worth bothering with CL.... Amirite????

:troll:
That's not what I said - read the post again. The cost of taking a 20m knock selling outside the PL (or even 40m) is laughable in terms of what we stand to lose missing out on the CL. Not to mention potential players coming in

That's not what I said - read the post again. The cost of taking a 20m knock selling outside the PL (or even 40m) is laughable in terms of what we stand to lose missing out on the CL. Not to mention potential players coming in

Ignore the bantz and stick with explaining "10 x £45m", there's a good puppy dog.

No - CL revenue + sponsorship deals, TV rights, etc. - call it even 300m - still nothing compared to the small loss of selling abroad. Or are you happy to strengthen our rivals?

Care to quantify or are these just more figures plucked out of your botty?

Pointless engaging with a simpleton who thinks its ok to sell to rivals as long as the amount is high

Your diversion tactics require a hell of a lot of work....

(Ive not said ANY of the things you're attributing to me).

#£450million. :sonpoint:

(Seriously.... Why do this to yourself, Ive seen the 'Arcspace vs maths' movie on numerous occasions... It doesn't end well.)

Now I’m confused. You also said we hardly won a game, when in fact we finished top of the toughest group. The £51.9m figure I quoted was for the season just finished, not the one before. We got £51.9m for reaching the last 16 this year.
I was referring to our last campaign since the figures for the current CL are not yet final and will only be published in a month or two. We got around 47m that season - it's on the official uefa.com website

Your diversion tactics require a hell of a lot of work....

(Ive not said ANY of the things you're attributing to me).

#£450million. :sonpoint:

(Seriously.... Why do this to yourself, Ive seen the 'Arcspace vs maths' movie on numerous occasions... It doesn't end well.)
We stand to lose so much more than what it would cost to sell abroad than missing out on the CL - if you disagree - fair dos

If Toby does leave, and it’s too an English club, then would you rather..

- Go for £75m or Martial swap this window?
- £25m next summer?
- Free the year after?

Me personally, go this summer and use that £75m to replace him and strengthen the midfield. Or bring in Martial as a striker option and then get De Ligt and a centre mid with what other funds Levy has provided for Poch.

If Toby does leave, and it’s too an English club, then would you rather..

- Go for £75m or Martial swap this window?
- £25m next summer?
- Free the year after?

Me personally, go this summer and use that £75m to replace him and strengthen the midfield. Or bring in Martial as a striker option and then get De Ligt and a centre mid with what other funds Levy has provided for Poch.
He will be free next summer - contract expires in June 2019

We stand to lose so much more than what it would cost to sell abroad than missing out on the CL - if you disagree - fair dos

No, i disagree that we stand to lose anything close to £450m if we fail to qualify for CL next year (as per your original claim).

Y'know as per the content of my ACTUAL posts.

#doggymaths

I was referring to our last campaign since the figures for the current CL are not yet final and will only be published in a month or two. We got around 47m that season - it's on the official uefa.com website

The figures are final for the clubs who are out. Here’s a breakdown:

“Spurs earned €12.7m just for appearing in the group stage, where their record of five wins and one draw earned them €8.7m and appearing in the first knockout round was worth a further €6m.

The TV pool earned the north London outfit €32.4m, bringing up a total of €60.1m (£51.9m).”

Are you suggesting that we only received £4m more than the season before?

Those are imaginary figures - 45m is not even remotely true

Even so - imagine what we stand to lose if we strengthen a rival and miss out on CL football next season - 10 times that if not more

hahahahahhahahaha 10 times that if not more so we will lose 450m from not playing in the CL ... I didn't realise you were talking in Cambodian Rial, thought you were being serious ..... what an utter numpty ....

Ok you made a mistake and we all had a laugh ... but you're point is also wrong ...

We hardly played Toby this year and we're in the CL, we lost Wanyama for almost an entire season, a player crucial to getting CL football the season before, and we're still in the CL ...

In case you missed it we finished behind Utd, so in fact we can't finish any worse off compared to Utd this coming season ...

We all agree selling Toby to Utd is far from idea ... but if it's that the only option or we lose out on his transfer value, sorry but he's got to go ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom