Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is either fcuking stupid or playing a loyal game of bo!!ocks.

Sign a new contract if you are so vested in our progress.
So you’re in a job for life yourself then?

- He has said nothing in the media
- He has made no waves in the dressing room
- He has come back and started training

If he doesn’t want to sign that’s his business. As long as he is up front about his intentions, which it looks he has been, then it’s up to Levy if he sells or runs his contract down.

Is the contract still on offer or is levy/Poch happy for him to be paid the lower salary and leave next season?

I would guess the next 3 weeks (to the end of main European leagues) TW's will tell us that.

If he wants to go to Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern et al then I suspect he will - but I think this TW with no apparent takers other than ManU might have been a shock to Toby and his agent, and my guess is that Toby will be trying to mend any bridges to sign a new contract at Spurs rather than stay on a much lower salary and chance getting a much higher salary than Spurs are offering in a year's time

I would guess the next 3 weeks (to the end of main European leagues) TW's will tell us that.

If he wants to go to Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern et al then I suspect he will - but I think this TW with no apparent takers other than ManU might have been a shock to Toby and his agent, and my guess is that Toby will be trying to mend any bridges to sign a new contract at Spurs rather than stay on a much lower salary and chance getting a much higher salary than Spurs are offering in a year's time
Yep, we'll find out over the coming weeks.

The fact he was on the bench today I think is a good sign. Interesting to see what happens with Dembele too, thought he was certainly gone, I'm not so sure now. Rose I feel is a gonna, whatever is said by him is never that positive these days, yes I'm more reading into what isn't said rather than what is said, if that makes sense. (the other I don't care about because they are shite).

FWIW: It is now widely thought that it was us who made contact with Utd, rather than Utd making contact with us and apparently our enquiry was for two of their players namely Martial and Mata. It really looks like after all the speculation that no-one wanted him.

Yep, we'll find out over the coming weeks.

The fact he was on the bench today I think is a good sign. Interesting to see what happens with Dembele too, thought he was certainly gone, I'm not so sure now. Rose I feel is a gonna, whatever is said by him is never that positive these days, yes I'm more reading into what isn't said rather than what is said, if that makes sense. (the other I don't care about because they are shite).

FWIW: It is now widely thought that it was us who made contact with Utd, rather than Utd making contact with us and apparently our enquiry was for two of their players namely Martial and Mata. It really looks like after all the speculation that no-one wanted him.
I think him in a back 3 would be something.

Like you, I think if he's still here next month then he should sign. Take a higher salary that's actually been offered before your form gets worse, you get a year older, your body starts to go or you get injured.

Like you, I think if he's still here next month then he should sign. Take a higher salary that's actually been offered before your form gets worse, you get a year older, your body starts to go or you get injured.
If I was Levy I wouldn't offer him a penny. He now needs to show where he's at, prove where he's at and show his commitment to the club through his performances. I'd give him at least until Christmas. I mean what message does it send out, reward a player who wants out the club???! He can shove a new contract where the sun doesn't shine. When he wears our shirt he has to have some pride about him, right now he needs to show the Club and supporters that he's there for the fight.

Last edited:

Fuck yeh... Payrise for this guy. :troll:

Well, from a selfish perspective I want him to stay and sign a new contract, so I dont have to have a hard conversation with my son why he has to take down his favourite photo (and I really cant be arsed to find a new avatar)

I hope it was simply his agent being a cunt, and we see some vintage Toby, as well as a new contract announcement

If I was Levy I wouldn't offer him a penny. He now needs to show where he's at, prove where he's at and show his commitment to the club through his performances. I'd give him at least until Christmas. I mean what message does it send out, reward a player who wants out the club???! He can shove a new contract where the sun doesn't shine. When he wears our shirt he has to have some pride about him, right now he needs to show the Club and supporters that he's there for the fight.
I hear you. But.....

We don't know the full facts,
The manager has said the slate is clean, and
It looks like we have no money, or we can't find upgrades to the squad, let alone the first team.

This is a big season, we need to keep our league position as high as we can and we need to start winning silverware.

It seems crazy now to think back on having VdV, Bale and Modric in the same team with nothing to show for it. We've got to play the hand we've been dealt as it looks like it will be tougher this season than last.

I hear you. But.....

We don't know the full facts,
The manager has said the slate is clean, and
It looks like we have no money, or we can't find upgrades to the squad, let alone the first team.

This is a big season, we need to keep our league position as high as we can and we need to start winning silverware.

It seems crazy now to think back on having VdV, Bale and Modric in the same team with nothing to show for it. We've got to play the hand we've been dealt as it looks like it will be tougher this season than last.
We have the money, we've been dishing out new contracts left right a centre for years now. For all the chat, all the written copy, every single year, every single month, every single week, every single match we are told that our players are leaving, well where are they? Oh, they are still at Spurs.

I would double down and give out new contracts to all the others (that deserve it) and not him, he honestly doesn't deserve a new contract, what has he done to deserve one? A: Absolutely sweat fuck all.

Urgh, Ricky fucking Sacks again. On the subject of Toby however, if we get a £50m bid for him we should be in a position to accept but with the calamity of the window & stadium still looming large over us the club really should steer clear of any other negative attention being drawn towards us.

I believe in Foyth and genuinely would not be against this going through but the club simply cannot with the amount of foot shooting they have conjured up for themselves this summer. Toby has to stay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom