Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dont sell Toby , Moose or Danny Rose, we cant replace them now and we are squad light anyway......... we dont need any more bad news Levy

Generally agreed.
But from this list, we could totally sell Rose. No need for replacement as he barely featured in meaningful games last season and we have KWP as replacement in the squad already.

DktmKMRXgAAbP6Q.jpg
... I was on board until I saw that stat at the bottom. .81 goals conc. vs. .94 I'd take over the difference of one win, because that .81 is a massive stat.

Utter bs.
There are so many variables across so many seasons and runs of form that this is as insightful as a shape on the wall that is left from smashing a fly with a whip.

Everyone who has eyes and has seen more than two football matches in their life can see that in-form Toby (and he was in-form in WC) is a brilliant defender. The kind of defender that are rare finds in transfer market.

And I strongly oppose your agenda of "showing him" or "leaving him waiting until Christmas"... ffs, if we have any chance to make him settle down, buckle up and work for the team, we should use it (ofc if there is no chance or the solution would be too expensive/difficult/harming, then it is different case and then we should let him leave). But leaving him unsettled in the squad might only serve a purpose of your messed up mind's "revenge" policy, but for Tottenham Hotspur as a football team - we need all the best players to play the best football to achieve best possible results. End of.
I posted that without a single word of comment.

And yet, you posted it.
If I find a graph on internet without any insight or importance... I don't run to post it on the forum.

So it is very much implied that if you post something, you indirectly say it has some relevance.
I posted it because I found it interesting. Because I found it interesting I'd thought I'd share it with the forum.

You clicked the disagree button to the post. What factual piece of information did you disagree with exactly?

I posted it because I found it interesting. Because I found it interesting I'd thought I'd share it with the forum.

You clicked the disagree button to the post. What factual piece of information did you disagree with exactly?

Because I think it is not interesting, rather as useless as following sequence of letters I leave just by putting my hands in random places on keyboard : "vgupgvoucidxrrsee7wrtyy".

I don't have to disagree with piece of information, I can point out that it is just a noise rather than meaningful information in the first place, as there are way too many variables to read anything from there.

Because I think it is not interesting, rather as useless as following sequence of letters I leave just by putting my hands in random places on keyboard : "vgupgvoucidxrrsee7wrtyy".

I don't have to disagree with piece of information, I can point out that it is just a noise rather than meaningful information in the first place, as there are way too many variables to read anything from there.
Hmmmm, but you went on a rant about something that wasn't even relevant to the post, completely unconnected in fact. You are dedicating a fair bit of your time to something that you don't find interesting. Just skip the post. The fact you are posting shows an interest, why else would you fucking bother? Or do you just like the sound of your own voice?

Hmmmm, but you went on a rant about something that wasn't even relevant to the post, completely unconnected in fact. You are dedicating a fair bit of your time to something that you don't find interesting. Just skip the post. The fact you are posting shows an interest, why else would you fucking bother? Or do you just like the sound of your own voice?

Well, I find it rather overkill to call 3 sentences "a rant".

2nd part is generally dedicated on other topics, I believe I can also comment, can't I :) ?
And a lot of things here in this topic are relevant... or... would you highlight which part of my post was not relevant to "Toby Alderweireld" (which was thread name, last time I checked)...

Well, I find it rather overkill to call 3 sentences "a rant".

2nd part is generally dedicated on other topics, I believe I can also comment, can't I :) ?
And a lot of things here in this topic are relevant... or... would you highlight which part of my post was not relevant to "Toby Alderweireld" (which was thread name, last time I checked)...
Your rant to my post of a factual graphic had nothing to do with the graphic posted. I think that's the 3rd time I've said this, what part of that are you having difficulty with?

I think if he doesn't set foot on the pitch today, he is gone. Would love to see him back in the fold as he certainly strengthens the squad if he can get back to the player we know he can be, but he shouldn't be a bench player.

Crap, old, money grabbing cripple? I think not. Was solid in the WC & had a good game for us today. We look more composed & balanced with him at the back. & he can hit a cracking long pass. Hopefully he stays fit & poch uses him lots this season. Ideally he signs a new contract too. Jan, toby & sanchez is a good 3 to choose from with young foyth as 4th choice. Next mission for poch, reintegrate rose!

Toby's passing range out of the back opens the entire field for us IMO. Whether it's Toby's ball directly or the defense being stretched by Toby's ball, it's his influence that had Trippier running into acres of space all day.

I thought he was great today.

It was also telling that he wasn't the centre half that was sacrificed when we decided to go 4 at the back.

Toby's passing range out of the back opens the entire field for us IMO. Whether it's Toby's ball directly or the defense being stretched by Toby's ball, it's his influence that had Trippier running into acres of space all day.
And we missed that last season. Sanchez tries it sometimes but he's not as good at it as Toby. It's a huge weapon and I'm pleased we have it back, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom