Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If only we had sacked Mourinho during the international break. As always Levy waits too long to make a move, we haven't left ourselves enough matches. We're going to have to win every game and even then we'd only finish with 68 points. That won't be enough.

Win our next 6 and we DEFO get top 4 I've done the maths.

Liverpool lose against United so we leapfrog them on GD
Leicester lose to us, Chelsea and United so get leapfrogged
West Ham lose to Chelsea and Everton and drop out

Chelsea 3rd
Spurs 4th

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE COME

I think that West Ham vs Chelsea will be pivotal for our chances of top 4 this weekend.
Looking at the upcoming fixtures, it might be in our interests to be hoping for a Chelsea win too.

Chelsea play;
(a) West Ham
(h) Fulham - derby and they just got a decent point from Woolwich.
(a) City - league not won by this point.
(h) Woolwich - another derby they are capable of dropping points in.
(h) Leicester - tough game in the fight for top 4. We win whatever the result here.
(a) Villa - probably their biggest banker after Brighton tonight..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it's 90% certain that if we can finish with 6 wins we'll get in the top 4, What a chance for Ryan Mason to write his name into history with a cup a top 4 finish,

Win all 5 remaining games and we get at least 5th in my opinion.

5th wouldn't be the end of the world.

I just think 4th will prove too much.

I'd say it's 90% certain that if we can finish with 6 wins we'll get in the top 4, What a chance for Ryan Mason to write his name into history with a cup a top 4 finish,
Let’s just take it game by game. Don’t think we can win them all, no matter who the manager is. At this point a Cup win and top 6 whilst playing better football is something I’d be content with.

Let’s just take it game by game. Don’t think we can win them all, no matter who the manager is. At this point a Cup win and top 6 whilst playing better football is something I’d be content with.

Sheffield United, Wolves and Aston Villa at home, all with nothing left to play for this season. Those are the games you want at this stage of the season.

Leeds at away is the crucial one, we'll need to make sure we turn up against them, and too don't have much to play for. And then finishing it off with a potential decided at Leicester, who could bottle it two years in a row.

Sheffield United, Wolves and Aston Villa at home, all with nothing left to play for this season. Those are the games you want at this stage of the season.

Leeds at away is the crucial one, we'll need to make sure we turn up against them, and too don't have much to play for. And then finishing it off with a potential decided at Leicester, who could bottle it two years in a row.
On paper it’s easy to say this and that, like I said, we have an outside chance but it’s better to keep it low key. If it happens absolutely great, however imo you’re bound to be disappointed if you have 100% win expectations because there are a lot of things that could have an impact (injuries, suspensions etc).

I posted in the game thread tonight but the four points dropped against Newcastle an Everton was criminal. We would have won those easy with any other coach. Mason included

Incredibly, we have a real chance of the top 4 if we do our job now.

Leicester
vs West Brom (H)
vs Palace (H)
vs Soton (A)
vs Newcastle (H)

vs United (A)
vs Chelsea (A)

vs Spurs (H)

Currently on 56 points, win the games in green and draw against us and they'll be on 69 points. Given their knack of bottling it though, wouldn't surpise me if a few of those wins end up being draws.

Chelsea
vs West Ham (A)
vs Fulham (H)
vs City (A)
vs Woolwich (H)
vs Leicester (H)
vs Villa (A)

Currently on 55 points, with those results they'd finish up on 66 points. Also have CL to contend with.

West Ham
vs Chelsea (H)
vs Burnley (A)
vs Everton (H)
vs Brighton (A)

vs West Brom (A)
vs Southampton (H)

Currently on 55 points, with those results they would be on 67 points. I doubt they will go that long without a loss though, not used to being in this sort of position at this stage in a season so I expect them to crumble

Liverpool
vs Newcastle (H)
vs United (A)
vs Soton (H)
vs West Brom (A)
vs Burnley (A)
vs Palace (H)

Currently on 53 points, with those results they would be on 68 points. I have been a bit generous to them there though, would expect a couple of those wins to be draws given recent form.

Spurs
vs Sheffield (H)
vs Leeds (A)
vs Wolves (H)
vs Villa (H)

vs Leicester (A)

Currently on 53 points, with my optimistic results we would be on 66 points. Still not enough but if we see a few upsets here and there like you'd expect I think it would be.

Pretty exciting run-in!

Incredibly, we have a real chance of the top 4 if we do our job now.

Leicester
vs West Brom (H)
vs Palace (H)
vs Soton (A)
vs Newcastle (H)

vs United (A)
vs Chelsea (A)

vs Spurs (H)

Currently on 56 points, win the games in green and draw against us and they'll be on 69 points. Given their knack of bottling it though, wouldn't surpise me if a few of those wins end up being draws.

Chelsea
vs West Ham (A)
vs Fulham (H)
vs City (A)
vs Woolwich (H)
vs Leicester (H)
vs Villa (A)

Currently on 55 points, with those results they'd finish up on 66 points. Also have CL to contend with.

West Ham
vs Chelsea (H)
vs Burnley (A)
vs Everton (H)
vs Brighton (A)

vs West Brom (A)
vs Southampton (H)

Currently on 55 points, with those results they would be on 67 points. I doubt they will go that long without a loss though, not used to being in this sort of position at this stage in a season so I expect them to crumble

Liverpool
vs Newcastle (H)
vs United (A)
vs Soton (H)
vs West Brom (A)
vs Burnley (A)
vs Palace (H)

Currently on 53 points, with those results they would be on 68 points. I have been a bit generous to them there though, would expect a couple of those wins to be draws given recent form.

Spurs
vs Sheffield (H)
vs Leeds (A)
vs Wolves (H)
vs Villa (H)

vs Leicester (A)

Currently on 53 points, with my optimistic results we would be on 66 points. Still not enough but if we see a few upsets here and there like you'd expect I think it would be.

Pretty exciting run-in!
We will have to beat Leicester.

Win all 6 we get Champions League. Has to be the aim, we have the easiest run in.

Back
Top Bottom