Tottenham Boys We’re Still Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never remembered the other goals, just Barry daines missing it completely and then the Hodd's last minute free kick, and subsequently wondering how close we would've been to staying down if he hadn't scored it.
Great season, often the only images of an away match would be a still photo in the next home programme.
Osgood a great penalty taker, regular massive away support, Hoddle an obvious star in the making, rebirth after the mid 70s decline, then the ossie and Ricky signings to show everyone we're not only back but challenging. After the early 70s as a kid, that team and the early 80s was my favorite era following us, as attending fan. Plus a proper shelf and park lane.

Who is this smug looking man?
madonna laughing GIF
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Have you heard anything yet? Still the C&H? If any easier, . I usually have a couple beers in Billy Nics. as coming by car. (Not driving), Then the Shelf Bar with Mrs P's crew. Can still do c & h if that's best for your mate,
I've been following the tale of the Levi jacket with interest. Did it finally reunite with it's owner?

Yes it did.
And was much appreciated.
Though I did point out to the owner it was his silly fault for bringing a coat out in tropical weather...
I think he wanted more surface area to put the lady gaga badges on.
Cheers. I liked reading banter on here, sounds like it was a great day. The 1970s was my teenage/young man era following Spurs. I would have loved to have been at the book launch, seeing and having a chat with Terry Naylor and Keith Osgood, et al.

Cheers. I liked reading banter on here, sounds like it was a great day. The 1970s was my teenage/young man era following Spurs. I would have loved to have been at the book launch, seeing and having a chat with Terry Naylor and Keith Osgood, et al.
It was a good afternoon and evening mate. It's events and days like this restore my faith in football to be honest

My copy arrived this morning - what a wonderful book - great account of the 1977/8 season and a fascinating historical snapshot of football in the 70’s. Compiled with great affection accuracy and passion - I highly recommend it .

Thanks, will definitely get one of those, great season to be following Spurs
It was, I did about 15 home games and away games v Fulham, charlton and palace - was great fun - the book gives a good account of millwall away on Boxing Day and all the palaver created by the panorama programme with millwalls hooligan firms - because of the panorama programme my mum insisted I spent Boxing Day at home - being 13 I don’t remember protesting too much - but I didn’t tell them that at school!!!

Back
Top Bottom